New firmware v2.2.91 version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by pavlin67, Sep 13, 2019.

1. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Your are right!!
    It’s zidoo forum, the have the responsibility ti take care...

2. neukrisz

neukrisz New Member

I've installed without any problems....now testing is in progress ;)

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

will add "movie" "tv show" in filter interface

blenky likes this.
  4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Just tested this firmware with the bluray of A Quiet Place (ISO) that uses forced subtitles when they use sign language. It still does not work. Also tested with the Dune HD Pro 4K and forced subs work as they should.

Just to be sure my setting are:

'Playback\Default language' I have both 'Default track' and 'Default subtitle' set to auto

'Playback\Forced subtitle' is set to auto.

Edit:

I also tried

'Playback\Default language' Set both 'Default track' and 'Default subtitle' set to 'English United Kingdom'

'Playback\Forced subtitle' is set to follow default language.

Still not working

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  5. Frostb!te

Frostb!te Member

Well, I gave that release a try. I hoped some bugs that are related to "overall system stability" will be adressed. TL;DR: Nope.

The video wall "filter" still crashes when I click on it (I don't mean the left panel which is working good).

Still fast forward doesn't work for like every movie.

Will see if these random freezes when watching movies will disappear. Happened a couple of times in the last time. Atleast not more than once per movie.

6. mirror

You should be turn off the subtitle. the forced subtitles will be available

7. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

I think what Mirror is saying is turn off default subtitle and set forced subtitle to auto.

8. mirror

There is a "follow the current audio track" feature.
    If you currently switched English audio track, English forced subtitle will be display.
    BTW:Currently only supports when playing directly. BD menu mode will be later.

Nice Monkey and leonkoum like this.
  9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

OK got it. I was playing from the BD menu

So in settings I set 'Default subtitle' to 'off' and 'Forced subtitle' to 'Follow current audio track'. I then re tested 'A Quiet Place' via direct play and forced subs were displayed.

However this is not really fixed until it works when playing from BD menus.

Edit: I also notice that seamless branching is not an issue when playing full BD directly without menu. Tested Thor: Ragnarok UHD which via menu freezes at first join if played via menu. Playing direct it is perfect.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  10. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Will try both. Was using a default subtitle set plus Follow current track for forced and then choosing playback with no subtitles. That did not work.
    I think this is not intuitive enough.

What does not work anymore with this FW is "Open With"=> "View Poster". This results always in "File format not supported failed to obtain poster". The posters are correctly shown using HT2 though.

Still don't get Forced Subs on Iron Man (foreign language parts). I am getting the message "Forced subtitles enabled" with choosing OFF.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

See my post above yours. I got forced subs working on BDMV\ISO full bluray - when playing direct and not via bluray menu.

12. mirror

Could you please tell me the time point(Iron Man)? will check it.

13. Nice Monkey

14. mirror

Usually blu-ray is included pgs forced subtitle. It is precise to the attributes of a line of subtitles.We did not consider the case of blu-ray with external forced subtitles.
    It's a different mechanism from MKVs.

If your mkv doesn’t have the forced subtitles properly included, the forced flag can be easily added to your external subtitles. Following the same naming conventions listed above, you can then append the forced flag to the end of the subtitle file name. The forced flag can be either upper, lower or mixed case in the filename and can use a “.” (dot), “ “ (space) or “-“ (dash) to separate them from the name of the movie and language of the subtitles.

Movie Name (2006).English.Forced.srt
    Movie Name (2006).en.forced.srt
    Movie Name (2006).German.Forced.srt
    Movie Name (2006)-Swedish-Forced.srt

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  15. Nice Monkey

Thanks for the quick answers. Dialog is always good! :)

Hardly ever play MKV's. So when I talk about movies it is always a BD or UHD BD mostly in ISO (folder for one time viewings only). I am testing here with the UHD Iron Man BD ISO in 1:1 copy (64 Gbyte) with Menus and Extras. I do play with direct play (NO menu) as Menu support is not included yet in this beta.
    Just added the file to make it easy for you to find the spots. It is labeled "Iron Man (UHD EN, ES).EN.forced.srt" . In fact did not try to use it myself yet at all.

I assumed from the information given with the settings that actually External Forced Subtitles would work also with Blu Ray, but apparently it does not. I am not sure now if UHD is also supported as it is mentioned nowhere. :confused:

Please always make very clear in settings if something works for MKV and DVD/BD/UHD BD (Folder+ISO) or only for MKV. We poor customers will be put on the wrong leg otherwise and always presume it always works with all formats if not denied specifically for mentioned exclusions. :p

Please confirm if it works for you with the UHD BD. ;)

16. mirror

Almost all discussions about forced subtitles did not mention the ISO/BDMV external subtitles, so we did not do this function. But if necessary, we can achieve it.
    In fact, if you know that this external subtitle is forced subtitle, just select it. It will only show when necessary. :)

17. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

That would be a good idea ..... :rolleyes:

18. Nice Monkey

Consistency in features is always good. Don't use forced subs myself as I always have subtitles on these days (getting slowly old).

Markswift2003 and leonkoum like this.