New firmware v2.2.61 version for ZIDOO Z10 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by mirror, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Nicolae Tuns

Nicolae Tuns New Member

I understand but there are also many differences between the way the two files are encoded and the number of subtitles .. etc :)

2. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Yes, that is correct. I think is up to Zidoo to sort that out ... will they ? ;-)

another example, 25 fps with subs, plays fine, video output: 1080I @ 50Hz
    Video
    ID : 4113 (0x1011)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : 27
    Duration : 2h 1mn
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Maximum bit rate : 35.0 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : MBAFF
    Scan type, store method : Interleaved fields
    Scan order : Top Field First

3. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

And lastly here is en example of 25fps file with subs which doesn't play (only green image)

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4
    Format settings : CABAC / 4 Ref Frames
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Duration : 42mn 14s
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 5 757 Kbps
    Nominal bit rate : 10 000 Kbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps

Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.111
    Stream size : 1.70 GiB (90%)
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.709
    Transfer characteristics : BT.709
    Matrix coefficients : BT.709

Text
    ID : 3
    Format : UTF-8
    Codec ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
    Codec ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
    Duration : 41mn 37s
    Bit rate : 51 bps
    Count of elements : 608
    Stream size : 15.8 KiB (0%)
    Title : SDH
    Language : English
    Default : No
    Forced : No

4. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

I really hope they (zidoo) would sort this out - this 25fps mystery. I am new to zidoo hardware and software, I have also Apple TV 4K which is lacking in 24Hz output without shutter and does not have "match resolution" option. Off course Apple TV is superior in GUI, much better; Infuse looks soooo much better than HT 2.0.

5. turnup

turnup New Member

Hello, in all your updates, the function of resetting to the factory settings with the format of areas does not work correctly, in fact there remains a lot of file garbage from installed applications and previous firmware, this is confirmed by all users actually !!! I'd love to fix this problem !!! And preferably a fresh full .img image so that there is a normal formatting of areas in a fresh firmware !!!

Especially for you Zidoo! You can check it out easily and simply! You take a player with the version 2.2.56 and install a Google Kit on it, update to 2.2.61 and make a reset to the factory settings on the first power up after resetting the axis swears to Google’s incorrect work, which means that your reset does not work , for many, after resetting and reinstalling Google Kit, they don’t even have to enter an account because it’s not erased! Only in the full .img image on 1.7.8 you have implemented the normal format of areas! I am telling you this as a programmer. Because of this, people after your updates have problems with consoles such as hang-ups on standby due to incorrect indexing and before writing to memory.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    gymnos likes this.
  6. turnup

turnup New Member

You can check it out easily and simply! You take a player with the version 2.2.56 and install a Google Kit on it, update to 2.2.61 and make a reset to the factory settings on the first power up after resetting the axis swears to Google’s incorrect work, which means that your reset does not work , for many, after resetting and reinstalling Google Kit, they don’t even have to enter an account because it’s not erased! Only in the full .img image on 1.7.8 you have implemented the normal format of areas! I am telling you this as a programmer. Because of this, people after your updates have problems with consoles such as hang-ups on standby due to incorrect indexing and before writing to memory.

Nice Monkey, gymnos and sojer2005 like this.
  7. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Good to know. :)
    Apparently the factory reset is badly implemented which is a serious flaw. :mad:
    Was not aware of it but did an emergency restore with 1.7.8 just a few revisions ago. ;)

What I am really missing is a good Backup/Restore for all data, settings and APP's. I have only one Android player offering this which is a Dinobot U5 mini. Tried it and it really works as it should.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  8. EdoNork

EdoNork New Member

Hi there,

This version adds a bug for me, powering off and on again makes the Language selection reset, so I lost my Spanish selecction and defaults to English again. I change it in Quick settings and in Android settings, same behaviour.

fydo likes this.
  9. fydo

fydo New Member

[QUOTE = "EdoNork, post: 89189, miembro: 33332"] Hola,

Esta versión agrega un error para mí, apagar y encender de nuevo hace que la selección de idioma se restablezca, así que perdí mi selección de español y los valores predeterminados de nuevo en inglés. Lo cambio en la configuración rápida y en la configuración de Android, el mismo comportamiento. [/ QUOTE]

Hola. ¿Resolviste el problema? Me pasa algo parecido ...

10. EdoNork

EdoNork New Member

No, I think a new version is needed.

11. Piotr6700

Piotr6700 New Member

Hi, how do I change the settings in the blu ray, player menu to display subtitles in Polish and Polish audio, and the Portuguese language is displayed.

12. Zwanzig

Zwanzig Member

You can not.
    This is a mistake I have been reporting for a year on Zidoo x20 - no reaction from Zidoo.
    As you can see it is on all players. And Polish users probably have to get used to Portuguese or learn English and watch movies in the original :)

13. Bogusław

Bogusław New Member

After changing the software to v 2.2.61, and kodi v18.2 is unstable for me, crashes the program.

14. Paul Levy

Paul Levy New Member

Plays pretty much all I throw at it flawlessly, however YouTube plays for 2 or 3 minutes then unavailable error and check your internet connection prompt.
    I have reset, installed Google play kit etc, had to buy a cheap android box to solve the problem, rather defeats the object of an all round box. It was fine before this so called update.
    Time to give up and find something else with hdd facility and the ability to do more than one thing without falling down.
    Come on Zidoo, these boxes are not cheap

15. deadlock

deadlock New Member

KODI 18 not work on Z10, crash!!!!
    [​IMG]

16. Paul Levy

Paul Levy New Member

Since the update I can no longer find openwrt on my PC, cannot connect wirelessly, cannot maintain a wired ethernet connection without a restart, so Netflix can't be run. Nothing has been changed in my setup other than this update

17. Tzanamas

Tzanamas New Member

Hi to all even with the new update firmware the 4K movies don’t play I have changed many settings and many cables version 2.1.It seems that the box is not ready to play solid 4K HDR DOLBY ATMOS or UHD all of my movies are crashing from green screens. I was expecting from Zidoo with this firmware to solve all these problems and the children diseases.I find unacceptable for the price we pay these bugs. I know from experience that after sales is a big part on buying something.Too bad I was hoping I bought a really vfm media player.I don’t know what to say. Any suggestions are acceptable.

18. Valera

Valera Member

Try to reset to factory defaults. It sounds silly, but make it two times. Who knows what it does.

19. Tzanamas

Tzanamas New Member

I ve done it already but if you say so I will try it again.Its very frustrating to have so many movies in 4K and yet I can’t see none of them

20. Valera

Valera Member

Mostly, I use usb stick and play movies directly on my tv. Z10 is only for bd-iso files and music videos, where I need menu. I prefer internal tv player much better - no additional devices, cables, and problems.