Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Nov 19, 2016.
no need to rename.
Thanks HaoSs, i had to do a similar thing with my Mini x8H box and as i remember you have to leave as a zip file, is the same case with the X9S ?
yes. just copy the zip. and point the updater app to it.
I have some observations about 1.2.7 for technical team.
1) When a movie plays at the kodi, you can't to change the subtitles code page, the ANSI subtitles can't display right (greek language).
2) The audio spdif sampling is fixed to 48KHz and not to current sample file. When you stopped to play the audio file the output sampling via spdif is still 48KHz! The same is happen with the kodi and media player too.
3) Is that 1.2.7 fw enable to usb streaming and how?
The mostly two major problems that I have with v1.27 is the frame lost and audio Synchronizing in zdmc(-kodi) and the type of the fonts of subtitles in the -very good- internal (media center) player.
I must have the ability to change it...
Tnx for the support
So, when we expect a newer firmware??
how can I use the wallpaper?
no one have this issue?
nope. working for me.
Is it possible your unit or system isn't set up for AAC correctly?
When we expect a newer firmware?
i speculate 1 more by the end of 2016, probably a smaller one.
In previous firmware 1.2.6 6ch aac audio was passing to AV receiver correctly as mpeg2- as my external receivers/amps can decode 6/5.1 ch aac as mpeg2 stream. - Now it is working but not as 6/5.1 ch audio - now Reveiver detect it as digital not as mpeg2 - please fix it - if this not possible - how can I roll back from 1.2.7 to 1.2.6?
Flash the oldest FW you find, then upgrade with OTA file to the wanted release.
I know, is not a nice way...
For 1.2.8 you can put the clock in deydream as a screen saver?
Reading the release notes v1.2.7:
"6,Removed the auto-identify of MKV's MVC.(We now rewriting this part)"
I thought that I would just have to select the correct mode MANUALLY (since the auto-identify was removed), but I found that the playback of MKV's with MVC is now totally broken. No matter which mode I select, the system never outputs a frame-packed image.
Anyone else having this problem?
Good advice but I wonder if this works for unrooted or Zidoo devices at Android 6. Option 1 doesn't seem to be an option for at least the X8. The app is not compatible with the X8. The Pro version seems to be compatible but I like to see that somewhere first before I by. I know...... I guess option 2 only works with a rooted device. Any alternative app or solution?
Yes, 3D MKV MVC was removed and is now rewritten completely
The problems on the latest firmware v.1.2.7 are like this and most of them really annoying :
* When the browser is open, if the device pass to sleep mode, it freezes and generally doesn't turn on back. This problem is still continuing since the beginning. Even if
the devices wake up, this time the subtitles don't show up on internal media player. If the subtitles don't show up, there's no solution other than reboot.
* The space between two lines on mediaplayer subtitles is still to much. This space must be like on the KODI.
* When all the USB ports are full, something happens to the device and it behaves weird. The keyboard (Logitech K400) also does not functioning well in that situation. When i plugged off the
HDD (on usb 3.0), it turns back to normal. Everyone is complaining about this situation and everyone wondering that if the adapter is unsufficent for powering the USB ports. Or is there any hardware problem ?
* Any news about the "Android TV Launcher" ? You still didn't answered to me about this case. There are lots of request for this subject (installing the android TV launcher)
Zidoo has been prefered just only for it's display quality. The unhandy remote control, not supporting the android tv launcher (on a $149 device)
is taking negative responses from the tech community. Some of my friends give an order for Xtreamer Express and Nvdia Shield, although they have already Zidoo X9S.
Zidoo's brand popularity is going down. Please consider that. Everyone says that "If the device was not ready, why did they released it early ?"
v1.2.8 should be perfect. Otherwise you'll be not going well. Just saying.
android tv launcher has nothing to do with thix box. it does not run android TV os. its pure android. So there will be no TV launcher any time soon, if ever.
RTD1295 chipset and New Xtreamer Expresss Launcher !!!
Separate names with a comma.