New firmware v1.2.7 for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by mirror, Nov 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

It's just a fake AndroidTV launcher APP. Because the true AndroidTV app can't be installed in a stock Android OS. So, it's fake.
    What's the point of only a fake launcher APP? You still can not access the TV Play Stores on a stock Android OS.
    Besides,how much advantage is the TV-like launcher better than Zidoo launcher?I didn't see that much.
    It is great better than the orginal launcher of the stock Android which was designed for touch screen.
    But compare with Zidoo launcher which is also designed for remote control and using in living room and handy,
    I'd say they are different but both of them have their merits.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

they advertise as Android TV 6 OS , box was suppose to be launched 1 week ago. but i know of no one that got it.

3. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

A False advertisement is most convenient to attract clients and increase profit in the short run .We won't do that.
    And I know much about them. The only way they may exceed us is the art work.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Michele985 likes this.
  4. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Another issue, not sure if it is related to this f/w, network related (besides my NFS issues with crashes that I reported).

-I have 2 SMB shares in two devices, my PC and my NAS. I haven't checked with NAS but with my PC, I go to Explorer, play something. Everything is fine. If I decide to put the x9s to stand by (NOT power off) and wake it up, if I go to select the SMB share that I used before (namely my PC), I get an Unknown Source error. To fix this, I have to reboot the machine. VERY annoying because at the moment my only option is to turn it off.

5. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Stand by does not really do nothing for me.i also had some problema with it. I prefere shutdown . To Be honest. Hey should just remove it.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@freeroc: Please define what Android TV (or Google TV) exactly is for you first?

If you talk about optimized Android OS versions for big screens which amongst many others differences can be controlled by IR remotes, then we talk about the Android Leanback OS versions (Zidoo is also running Leanback). The Android TV launcher has as a pre-req. the Leanback OS version for obvious reasons. If somebody clones this very nice Launcher functionally, then effective it still does the same job, to call that a false/fake implementation would not be my statement. Clone will be a more suitable wording. This Launcher was already used on Android Leanback Lollipop by Xtreamer on other current models and is very stable in practice amongst others supporting many nice (free) screensavers.

APP's on the Play Store are organized specifically for smartphones/tablets OS and Leanback OS Android versions. I am not aware of a specific APP's made only available for Android TV (don't have one). So please enlighten me with the differences between the Leanback OS plus a Android TV equivalent Launcher and a real Android/Google TV sold as such? Please e.g. give me play store screenshots showing the differences.

Do expect to get my Xtreamer eXpress soon and will be happy to give practical feedback on the launcher and play store access, specifically if I know what to look for. Experiences may include support and FW updates which thus far is experienced as far better from Zidoo just to talk about real differentiators!

7. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Well. They advertise android TV os. With android TV launcher.

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@HaoSs

1) Measured power consumption during Standby and Sleep-mode. In fact my Watt meter is not precise enough to measure the difference as both are far under 1W.
    - Did not detect problems with Sleep-mode myself yet. Please report if they could be common.
    - USB-ports are disabled during Sleep-mode putting any connected HDD into sleep too (External power) or off (USB powered).
    - The strange thing with Android is that Standby/Reboot does not remove cashed APP's. You need to do a clean for that explicitly.
    - The boot-up time is 30-40 seconds which scores average.
    All these points make using Sleep an attractive alternative. So please keep both. It is implemented very nice also.

2) For Android TV plus Android TV Launcher. They do claim "Android TV 6.0" indeed, but maybe it is even the real thing? Please tell me how to reveal the difference?

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Android TV os is very, as the name says, TV orientated. Trust me. You will see the difference . See a Youtube of android TV

10. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

No offence.
    When I say Android TV , I mean the one annouced by Google in 2014 at Google I/O.
    And the others put stock Android in a set-top box, I call them Android boxes. Zidoo's boxes are one of them.
    They are really ambiguous terms.
    Don't want to talk more about Android TV.

11. vpa

vpa New Member

12. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

vpa, a official reply from Zidoo is preferred, but, AFAIK, I think no.
    Is very unlikely this will happens. A lot of articles in internes explain why. But I'll be very happy if this will be confuted!

13. agmarco

agmarco Member

Latest update of Soundabout is compatible with X8 so will try that.

14. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

15. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Will be (in a future release), or not at all?
    (TIA!)

16. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

We'll keep trying for, but it's not a easy goal.

17. tomeeli

tomeeli Member

At least hint, when will the next firmware will fix it. No more desire to use the console on 4K TV using existing bugs.

18. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Sorry, which one is your mentioned

19. tomeeli

tomeeli Member

So when is planned the release of new firmware?

20. negher

negher Member

weather (meteorological) server problems

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.