New firmware v1.0.40 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by HoneCharles, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenny72

Kenny72 New Member

Which update is better to do to go to version v1.0.40?
    The Incremental_OTA_Package ore the Full_OTA_Package?
    The firmware version of my zidoo x6 pro box is now v1.0.39.

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

From v1.0.39 the incremental is OK, smaller and a little faster.
    Nothing against the use of full OTA, that I've also downloaded (but not used).

3. PacoRabanne

Have a look on Kodi support wiki, something about "external player", is very well explained.
    Anyway is related to a new configuration file that you can simply fill with the example shown in wiki, best if you modify it to your needs. In my case I've added only MX Player Pro.

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you can use any of them.
    incremental is for 1.0.39 only
    full is for ALL versions under 1.0.39 ( including 1.0.39)

5. kokobsb

kokobsb New Member

yes I get your point of replacing the player name with mxplayer but what is the name and what do I put in the highlighted area (at the bottom example)instead of so kodi sees it I mean in between filename it should be something like com.video.rk.ch but I cant find it cuz you need to be rooted it should be in root system app or something.if somebody rooted can get me them really helpful and I will build it and test it and post back
    <playercorefactory>
    < players>
    < player name="MXPlayerFree" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
    < filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad</filename>
    < hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
    < playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
    < /player

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

7. PacoRabanne

In this page there is the example I've used (do you use Google search? I've done right now using "kodi wiki alternative player" and the second link is the right one): http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Use_external_players_on_Android.
    I've changed nothing, only cut out player sections I don't need or have.
    Yes, my X6 is rooted from the beginning, but maybe that the correct path where put the file playercorefactory.xml (http://kodi.wiki/view/Userdata_folder i.e. Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/) is accessible also on non rooted devices. Sorry, I can't check if it's true...

8. chester265lt

chester265lt New Member

With this firmware you can also playback in hd and fullhd with netflix?

9. cobra78

cobra78 Member

10. neamielu

neamielu Member

1.0.40 impressions:

1. they fixed bluetooth - no sound while plying stream/local movie (kudos)
    2. they fixed aspect ratio issue of 1.0.38 (nasty one)
    3. they broke somehow the buffering on local files - all my files are stopping for buffering at 27-28%?!
    4. zidoo player is stuttering when playing and upscaling a file with lower resolution (720p for instance)
    5. they fixed the audio sync issue as well
    6. kodi sources are loading harder

I suspect some issues at the network side (I am using wired network to make sure I got the best possible speed). While my other players are running well in the same environment with the same files, it can't be an architecture or hardware issue.

Edit: or the bloody RK codec issue! forgot to disable it!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    HaoSs likes this.
  11. PacoRabanne

1. good
    2. good
    3. any resolution file, or also SD ones?
      and from local network, same buffering?
    4. strange. But I can't yet test it.
    5. good
    6. streaming sources, or also local network sources?

12. neamielu

neamielu Member

- any resolution, have seen full hd and sd as well. all local files are stopping at 27-28%. streams does not.
    - streaming sources. on my other droids kodi loads streams ok-ish, I am using all the time autoplay, letting the scripts to select best stream for me, but on zidoo this takes millennias, most of the time is timing out or not loading at all, then in the next second it start to parse all previously delayed or noped sources. obviously, it must be a bug somewhere. turks uk for instance doesn't even load, maybe once in 20 trials.

so yeah, definitely, I declare kodi streaming heavily bugged.

13. kokobsb

kokobsb New Member

I need to delay the audio 4 seconds in zdmc while auto refresh rate is set to on .still having audio Video syncing issue while refresh rate auto is on my movies are blue ray iso 24hz .

14. Syaoran

Syaoran New Member

I am starting to wonder if this firmware has a memory leak. It comes to a crawl with just a few apps running at the same time, which I had no issues with 5 open at once on the .39 firmware. When can we expect a new firmware with some fixes?

15. Steve

Steve New Member

Its a shame that zidoo couldn't have just used android 6.0 as a new base instead of keep trying to build on the old one as there doesn't seem to be any decent fixes/patches over their last few firmware updates.

16. neamielu

neamielu Member

it's the bloody rk chip's shame, no support or very poor support for any of the android versions. i'd rather prefer a stable 5 than a more faulty 6, so my opinion is to keep improving the actual version. anyway, zidoo people already launched new hardware, I doubt they will develop for much longer this trouble maker - x6..

17. HDMEDIA

HDMEDIA Member

i see BEELINK RK3368 update sure zidoo can give Android 6.0.1 Marschmallow for x6

x6pro really great device

Android 6.0.1 Marschmallow - Wasser 64bit Firmware for Beelink R68 with Gigabit LAN, WIFI AP6335

07-08-2016, 02:02

version 4.0.1
    • added SPDIF passthrough support
    • added mullti windows support
    • added menu option to hide the hdmi screen, it's required for DRM apps (menu Settings->Display->HDMI checking)
    • added support "Adjust display refresh rate"
    • made RKMC working
    • fixed issue "wifi doesn't support channels above 12"
    • added WiFi 5Ghz support
    • improved wifi performance
    • fixed issue in mount device
    • added A2 Lite airmouse support
    • ir-remote full support
    • improve HDMI settings and screen scale setting (move HDMI setting to Display Setting)
    • added lockscreen and daydream support
    • added menu option to allow (un)root the device (menu Developer options->Root access)
    • updated es file manage
    • updated google apps

18. neamielu

neamielu Member

well, that's what I call a wet dream :D

nice159, HDMEDIA and ReneVeen57 like this.
  19. Paulus

Paulus Member

GO FOR IT, ZTeam !!!!

nice159, HDMEDIA and ReneVeen57 like this.
  20. agmarco

agmarco Member

I have the same issue with sound out of sync and I wonder if this trick you did is possible in another way. I don't want to reconfigure all addons. Already tried to clean cache but DD5.1 still way out of sync. Anyone with a brilliant idea? And don't tell me to sell the box..... ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.