New firmware v1.0.40 for ZIDOO X6 release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by HoneCharles, Aug 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

This "trick" is about cleaning completely ZDMC and rebuild it. I use that procedure in android or windows and usely I test after each new installation, sometime one app or addon can be the culprite or combination of two. I know that is not funny but sometime usefull.

agmarco likes this.
  2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

clearing data warked for me ( back when i updated to 1..0.36 ). bad luck if you have 200 addons

agmarco likes this.
  3. Goldman

Goldman New Member

I have two different box. The other box works fine, My Zidoo box cannot connect to the IPTV content, it is not about the app issue, anyone know what happen? I tried to use VPN software to change the IP, it doesn't work also. Anyone know what happen?

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you use the same addon ? same settings ? if it works on one box/windows. it should work on zidoo. see what happens if you turn off RK codec

5. Goldman

Goldman New Member

I use the same live tv APK on different box, rooted box is working, unrooted Zidoo work before, but now is not working anymore.

The APK fit for all boxes.

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Root the box then. Tjere is a app for it.

7. SlimJ1980

SlimJ1980 New Member

Whatever ye have done ...my box is now fucked since last update. I haven't got the tech savvy mind to do all of these flashes or downgrades or whatever . I will probably end up returning it. I liked the box at the start but im really annoyed with the amount of issues and lack of straight forward support given , especially for those of us who bought to plug and play.

8. Goldman

Goldman New Member

The fact is not about root or not. The app work before on Zidoo box, recently doesn't work anymore.

The same app installed in a different box work perfectly.

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

1.0.36 was rooted. 1.3.8 same. not sure about 1.0.40. thats why i say. root the box. see if it helps. also more info is needed. what app are you using. what errors are you getting . a video of the problem should also help

10. jvanhambelgium

jvanhambelgium Member Beta test group

Upgrades this morning and performed a full clean of ZDMC and disabled some accelleration options ;-)
    Currently, I'm pretty happy since this release seems to have fixed some the issues I've had since the beginning :

-> DVD ISO files now play fine, no audio / video lag anymore! Tested 5 or 6 to be sure, seems consistent.
    -> Some audio/video lag in large/big MKV (> 35Gbytes) movies.

So ... at the moment pretty happy.
    Will do some more testing.

Good job Zidoo!

11. Goldman

Goldman New Member

I am using CIBN- VST. It keep loading and very slow on Zidoo X6 Pro

12. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

does it have english or its chinese only ?

13. Goldman

Goldman New Member

APK with Free and Paid Contents. Both English and Chinese contents doesn't work. It just keep loading and loading speed is very slow.

14. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

don't care about the content. does it have a english menu or not. i don't speak chinese, if so. please provide me with a .apk via pm. so i can do some tests

15. jvanhambelgium

jvanhambelgium Member Beta test group

On a side note, after some testing there are some issues, but not extremely critical : In ZDMC, when doing fast-forward or something like that you often "loose" audio. A quick ON/OFF of the Passthrough fixes this. Normally I never use these controls. I tested with all the accellerations DISABLED, but then the STUTTER was pretty bad actually.
    With some accellerations activated, movies are really smooth, BUT then the occasional AUDIO issue when playing with the controls happens.

But apart from that, seems to work good : subtitles / picture-quality / ....

16. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

can you try with no delay for fast forward / ( usualy there is something like 750 ms delay by default)

17. albator

albator New Member

I have audio issue with this version : when I start playing a video, I have to wait about 30 seconds before I hear the sound. Do you also have this problem and how do you resolve it ?

18. Electron3d

Electron3d New Member

Can someone please share the img file for v1.0.40 for flashing with FactoryTool?

19. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

search the forum. there is a guide on how to extract it using RK tool, probably on last firmware topic

20. Electron3d

Electron3d New Member

I know the post you're talking about. I've been using RK3xxx Firmware Tools for a while but when I repack a lot of system apps no longer open. They attempt to open but close immediately without any error message. Most times when I flash a repacked image the X6 skips formatting userdata and cache on first boot, other times it formats them but still system apps are broken. Sometimes it will only boot to recovery if I unpack/repack boot.img (I need to mod init scripts), then on another boot.img repack it boots but same problem as before. Something must be buggered. I'm using the latest version of the tool 5.99.07.00. Has anyone here successfully repacked with this tool?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.