New firmware v1.0.25 for ZIDOO X6 release(beta)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by mirror, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Paulus

Paulus Member

Hi Zidoo Team,

could you please add in next FW release to your MediaCenter the support for external subtitles (.srt, .sub ....) to avi/mkv files, as requested by many other people here on forum ?
    Kodi is too much and too buggy for normal use and the local MediaCenter is very easy to use only with remote IR provided.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Regards

HDMEDIA likes this.
  2. HDMEDIA

HDMEDIA Member

1+

3. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

No problem.

4. eric

eric New Member

Hello, I just purchased the X6 last weekend. It was really good for about 2-3 days. Now it is freezing up and slow to buffer even though I upgraded to cat 6 cable and a gigabit ethernet switch. Is there no way to do an automatic update? Also, I noticed 3 updates in less then a month on your website... so if I have to manually update do I need to install all 3?

5. mirror

Just need upgrade the latest version

6. tienlequoc

tienlequoc Member

Learn stock video player from Himedia H8. :D

HDMEDIA likes this.
  7. Movie78

Movie78 Member Beta test group

What planet do you guys come from?
    Kodi is the best MediaCenter software out there,is just Zidoo is having a hard time to implement their software with kodi...

8. Paulus

Paulus Member

First of all, thanks a lot to "mirror" for his prompt reply and to all Zidoo team for dedicated support, not only on this request.

Then, about Kodi, I don't want to debate if it is the best mediacenter or not.
    I don't use (or need) all the features in Kodi and for my personal use the Zidoo MediaCenter could be fine, when the external subtitle and other fixes will be implemented.
    I'm coming from WD TV Live and X6 is an ideal replacement for all the WD unsupported files/codecs. By the way, some of Kodi bugs cannot be charged on Zidoo implementation (pls see Kodi forum about). Maybe Kodi 16 (Jarvis) will be the "perfect one" ;-)
    But, anyway, I would like to have a simpler, easier application with full IR remote support (with "one touch key") in parallel with Kodi, MX, VLC ..........

Regards
    PS. by the way, I'm from Mars !! :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  9. portokali00

portokali00 Member

I agree with Paulus and I think that is not difficult for a player to do that. So we kindly request Zidoo team to fix that.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
    HDMEDIA likes this.
  10. Antonis L.

Antonis L. New Member

I remember asking for support for external subtitles for the default Zidoo's player more than a month ago, but there was no progress in the meantime. As other users around here, I would be more than happy if Zidoo managed to do the basics without any hassle. Just connect your external device (for which we struggled for days), press play and enjoy a smooth experience. On the contrary -and till the latest firmware- I got used eventually to Kodi's countless synchronization problems, glitches, delays and such, spoiling totally the enjoyment. Not that I had many choices...I'm a foreigner user, most of the times I prefer watching movies with subtitles, so if your own mediaplayer does not support this feature yet, Kodi was the next available option, if I didn't want to mess with MX Player and experiment.

Keep it simple guys. Fix what is broken and is fundamental and you tweak eventually the most advanced options. It seems that Zidoo X6 was released as an unfinished product and all us the users that decided to buy it are the whole bunch of its beta testers. I'm sure you are doing your best, but from this experience you should learn something. As I learned myself that from now on I will wait for at least 6 months before thinking of buying a Zidoo product again.

11. zakiid

zakiid New Member

Hi Zidoo Team,
    am i missing something, or there are really no ftp,telnet(ssh) and samba services on this box?
    regards

12. mirror

Hi,We are developing this feature, but there is no available SAMBA service for 64Bit processor

13. mirror

We are developing the external subtitles for native player feature.

14. Jeomite

Jeomite New Member

Sounds like they are "developing" on other features, however Zidoo team should be putting all their focus on the issue that is ruining their product "HDMI audio passthrough out of sync". This issue has been present since the release of the product and has not been resolved till this day.

If they cannot fix the basics of their product, why bother putting any focus on other "features". There needs to be a sense of priority.

15. simple6

simple6 New Member

Exactly! Team Zidoo, we hope you got the message that a great number of users still have out of sync issues with v1.0.25...! The player is also not consistent on its behaviour when HDMI passthrough is on.

16. skyhigh

skyhigh New Member

You know about a other Mediacenter like Kodi? Share your wisdom with us, please...
    A Box and their "makers" who do not take care for the best mediacenter ever, yes..KODI...isnt worth to buy! Still boxes out there with 1GB Ram..shake my head, 2GB or even 4GB should be mandatory, and a handful of dollars only in additional costs...and:STANDARD, now that we can run differents builds on 1 Box, not only profiles!

17. skyhigh

skyhigh New Member

Agreed! its not Kodi, the most Hardwares or Boxes are poorly Firmware coded! Thats why most pay-providers recommend pure Linux like openelec or other streamboxes! Never have had any issue with Openelec or Linux Box Mach10 from Arnubox. All Android having heavy issues with Kodi, in the future even more..

18. wardog73

wardog73 New Member

Pleas fix HDMI audio passthrough out of sync its horrible and should be your number one priority.

19. bovirus

bovirus Member Beta test group

Rai on Deman Kodi plugin crash randomly.

Loading Rai On Demand (to see rai - italian braodcaster - programs of last 7 days) crash randomly.
    Tested on firmware v. 1.0.25.

20. portokali00

portokali00 Member

Hello Zidoo team . The external player can see common files from my pc through wirless network (not yet tried through cable) but all those files look empty (but thay are not).
    Kodi can see the same common files and play the videos inside.
    Does anyone else has the same problem with me ?
    Can you fix it please ?