Netflix not working PLEASE help x9s

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by edward obrien, Jan 17, 2017.

1. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi I gave it a static ip and it still did not work , I checked the ip address on settings and it was the same as I set it to, strange .

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Strange bug you have. Last thing I can think of is a reflash.

3. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi ,, I have done around 5 factory resets and downloaded Netflix about 10 times,, and updated the firmware to 1.2.12 but I had the problem on all the firmwares,

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

reflash is rewriting the OS to the flash memory. totally different from factory reset.

5. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

do have some simple guidance on this , I am worried about causing more damage, ,,

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

7. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i think the last .img was 1.2.3, but you can just update after that

9. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

thank you so much , does it have to be on a blank drive or can I just add it to a used stick

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

better try with a blank one. just the image on it

11. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

ok thank you again, ill let you know how it goes

12. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi I cant get this bit to work ..

At the beginning, you need to download the zip ROM and Unzip to install.img (make sure the ROM named "install.img",If not,
    please correct it link of the version v1.2.3: http://ota-cloudfront.zidoo.tv/X9S/image/v1.2.3/v1.2.3_img.zip) , then copied to the Root Directory of the Udisk you’re ready, not other files.

13. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

You can download this more recent image file: http://www.mediafire.com/file/vaw24pip8yhu924/install-X9S-usb-v1.2.7.zip, then estract the file insed, check if the filename is exactly "install.img" (else rename), then put it (the file extracted) on USB pendrive, then do the flashing as explained in the instructions.
    Someone has done it succesfully few days ago.

14. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi thank you for the link ,it worked fine ,just for info you do have to change the file name, anyway I done all the stuff to flash the unit and its still not working the way it should, I have just reloaded all my bits and I think I will have to live with the issue, I think it has me beaten .sorry to say , I have updated back to 1.2.12 ,,,,,,I nearly cried when it id not work. but as long as I can do that bit with the DHCP button I can watch Netflix.

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

test this: remove the router and connect the internet cable directly to the box ( make the login settings using the box options , should be under "PPPoE" option )

16. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

sorry you have lost me a little,, I have a cable running from the back of my bt hub directly into the zidoo box, when you say about settings on what box the zidoo box or the bt smart hub box,

17. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi ok found the PPPoE stings on the zidoo box, what username and password does it need?

18. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

wait. what type of cable do you have going in to the HUB ?

19. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi its a 6 core Ethernet cable , rj45

20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

6 wires ? then that's a rj12 , not a rj45, you should be able to plug a rj45 directly in the tv box.

actually, scratch that. even a rj12 should go in a rj45 socket ( tv box soket )