Netflix not working PLEASE help x9s

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by edward obrien, Jan 17, 2017.

1. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi, all the other services work fine ,,web ,kodi, its just the Netflix and no one seems to have a clue.

2. Ecko

Ecko New Member

same deal with my box.
    Haven't used it since updating to 2.11 and Netflix UI loads, bit cannot play anything, just sits there spinning.
    Netflix had a update, tried that but no go. Tested both gigabit and wifi.

3. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

let me know if you fix t,, I have had no support from zidoo at all, I should of stuck to a better brand with support .

4. Ecko

Ecko New Member

I tested Youtube as well and it was doing he same thing as Netflix... the video would not load, but the interface and search functions were all working. I did a quick kodi backup with ES file explorer, and did a factory restore on the box.
    From there, I downloaded Youtube, Google play services, and Netflix and all was working fine.

If you haven't restored the box yet, I'd suggest doing that as it worked for me and took all but 5 minutes to fix.

5. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi I have done 5 factory resets, and downloaded Netflix right after ,, and it still did not work on every firmware version , but ill try one more go at it with the latest version and see how I get on,,,,thank you for responding ill let you know how I get on.

6. spring

spring Guest

we are checking this problem, and will fix it asap.

7. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

thank you , its seems if I leave the box on it seems to stay working until I switch it off and back on then I have to remove the lan cable and put it back in and it works.

8. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi any luck with fixing the issue with the connection with netfix

9. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Was reported as fixed in another thread. Amazon video also fixed. Wait for next firmware

10. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi it has not been fixed, do you have the details of where it shows it was fixed.

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

wait for the firmware man........

12. kayama728

kayama728 Member Beta test group

did you try to update the app from playstore?

13. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi I have updated it about 10 times from google apps,, it only offers 1 version to download. the problem seems to be around the connection ,, when I turn the unit on with a Ethernet cable connected Netflix wont play any films, when I go to the settings and click the DHCP button to off and leave it for a second then switch it back on and then go back to Netflix it works fine,

14. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Hello, edward obrien,
    I accidentally deleted your another thread,
    I saw you have not resolve this issue,
    Could you kindly repeat what you said in another thread here?

15. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

NETFLIX WONT PLAY FILMS, so to get Netflix to work this is what I have to do,,
    turn on the unit go to setting's then go to connection ,then go to Ethernet connection go to DHCP and switch that button , wait 1-2 mins then switch it back to show its now connected then go back to Netflix and it will work, its the same with wireless but takes a bit longer to get your connection back. all the other services work without me having to do this ie the web,,kodi, so it only seems to be Netflix, I have done lots of factory resets downloaded Netflix app several times and it still does it, this happened on all firmware's I am now using 1.2.12, good luck.

16. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

It seems your netflix works. "go back to Netflix and it will work"
    What on earth is the problem in your box ?
    Could you make your description words more simple?

17. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

ok, lets make it simple,

my English is very good as it happens and I have tried to explain the issue as best as I can , as zidoo have no telephone support we are stuck with a forum .

when you turn the zidoo box on Netflix wont load any films, you can log onto the Netflix website but as soon as you choose a film it wont play, so this is what I have to do,
    I go to the connections settings and go to Ethernet and click that button,then I go to the DCHP button I click that and wait a couple of minutes , then I click it back and go to the Netflix app log on again and it works fine ,but I should not have to do that every time I switch off the unit, its the same for wireless, I have to disconnect from the hub and reconnect and it works ,

should this unit really have gone on sale with all these issues , this forum is full of issues and complaints and they are not just small ones, its like these items have been sold and we are your test centre, for them.

18. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

dhcp should be handeled by the router, not the box.
    try setting a static local ip in your router for the box

19. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi, so how comes all the other bits work fine ,the web, kodi, and any other app, I am trying to find out if my BT SMART HUB 6 is able to set a static ip address . but nearly all hubs work via DHCP ?thank you for giving me another route to look down,

20. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

well. it may be called a HUB. but that's a wireless router. so it should have settings for DHCP. auto will set a random ip that may change, manual will give you option to set up a static local ip ( good for samba share,and kodi remote for phone , where you need ip to not change )