Netflix not working PLEASE help x9s

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by edward obrien, Jan 17, 2017.

1. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

I have plugged the cable between the zidoo box and the by smart hub when I got to settings and try the PPPOE its ask's for a username and password,

2. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

I have a cable run between the hub and the zidoo box ,

3. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

that's the point of the test. remove the hub. plug the rj12 directly in to zidoo box ( P.S. forget the pppoe, unless your ISP provided a username and password, you don't need to setup pppoe )

P.S. i'm not responsable if you brake something. If you don't know what you are doing, then use it at it is.
    Rj12 is used mainly for phone line. But also can be setup for data.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  4. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi, I have fibre to the cabinet and copper to the house you cant remove the hub that's all I have, its bt smart hub 6 , this plugs into the phone socket directly , I have a router off the main hub but I don't run the zidoo box via the splitter router

5. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

one quick question am I the only person who has this issue , is this a known fault/bug or is it something else as in the hub is faulty ,its only about 5 months old would zidoo replace the hub?

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

IT was just a test to determinate if the problem is with the hub or not. If you have another router. Try to use it and see if it makes any difference.

7. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

oh no I have tried that as well I had an old bt hub 5 ,and that did not work either the funny thing is ,it worked when I first got the unit , but during xmas it stopped working ,, really strange the place I got it from were not much help ,I wonder if zidoo themselves are interested in helping me with a new hub.

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

You have mobile data ? can you try seting up a wifi hotspot using your mobile and test that way ?

9. edward obrien

edward obrien Member

hi what a clever idea and guess what it worked, its not my zidoo box at all its something to do with my BT SMART HUB 6, even with a direct cable connected to it ,it loses its connection some show,, now I am really lost, all I can say is thank you so much for your support ,now I will go to BT and see if they can resolve do you think putting a issue on this forum it may help I bet we have lots of people who have the same problem,

10. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

Well. No. You are the first I know off. First thing . See if there is any firmware update for the hub.