My Zidoo Z9X...

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by OlivierQC, Sep 7, 2020.

1. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member Beta test group

This morning I did a downgrade and came back to FW 0.85.

[​IMG]

Here is the procedure to make a flashing of your Zidoo Z9X, it is easy and fast.
    useful if you need to go back to a previous FW

Downgrading is quick and easy if you respect the instructions.

Voici la procédure pour un flashage de votre Zidoo Z9X.
    Utile si vous avez besoin de revenir à un précédent FW

Click HERE

---------------------------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For new owners of a Zidoo and who need to update their device, here is a brief guide that should do the trick.

Pour les nouveaux propriétaires d'un Zidoo qui ont besoin de mettre à jour leur appareil, voici un petit guide qui devrait faire l'affaire.

Click HERE

[​IMG]

I've already said it in the previous pages of my thread for new users of Zidoo devices but I'm gonna say it again....

Remember to use the HT4.0 Export option before doing a downgrade or any other action that could delete data from your movies. (Export option will keep the informations of your movies for the future scrape of your sources with HT 4.0)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is an example of a folder after using the export option

[​IMG]

See you​

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  2. Darren Shackleton

Darren Shackleton New Member

Why did you downgrade ?

3. OlivierQC

Hello Darren,

For some tests

See you

4. OlivierQC

[​IMG]

Jellyfish Video Bitrate Test Files

There are the Jellyfish files which since a few years are used by all those who like to test their equipment

Here is the link to the website

https://jell.yfish.us/

But you should know that the bit rate of a movie is usually about 70 Mb/s or less, sometimes 100 Mb/s, so don't worry if files like 300 Mb/s or 400 Mb/s don't work, it won't prevent you from watching your movies.

----------

[​IMG]

ALL files played ok up to 300Mbps.

Sometimes the 400Mb/s video freezes and it's random.

And each time the problem occurs when the frequency switches,
    see the video below.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  5. OlivierQC

Hello Zidoo Team,

if you read this message

----------------

Firmware 6.0.90

[​IMG]

----------

I am currently at home with my children and my wife, I have the opportunity to see a lot of movies.

I have 2 entry-level NAS (Synology / Personnal Cloud) and consumer electronics equipment.

I have a private network and I use SMB 1 (even if it is not recommended) with option ''Display/HDR/AUTO''.

I used the SMB2 to check and I didn't see any change compared to the SMB1 in my daily use.

----------

[​IMG]

Currently, the only movie I have a problem is "Gemini Man 4K UHD 60fps (2019)" which freezes randomly and every time in the last 30 minutes.

----------

My opinion about the Fw 0.90

I use the FW 0.90 since December 31 and contrary to some unfortunate colleagues on this forum,
    I must confess that I have no problem with this firmware.

I don't have any problem with my ISO and MKV movies whether they are in Full HD or UHD HDR.

I don't have any problem with my MKV DV/MP4 DV ( by using the options Realtek Developer Options)

See you

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  6. Rob W

Rob W Member

Lots of good testing there.

I'll try the playback performance mode setting which probably just increases CPU frequency or bus speeds during playback maybe even just using a different governor.

I had an idea that power states might be causing the freezes. The act of having USB devices attached or WiFi/Bluetooth enabled or certain apps installed could all be effecting power states.

I have WiFi/BT disabled no USB devices and get freezes often.

7. OlivierQC

hello Rob W

In the computer world there are so many variables, we see it here with those who have no problems and those who can't even watch a single movie with similar equipment and gigabit network.

To be honest I feel lucky not to have any freeze or stuttering with my video files and a bit lonely when I see all the people who are overcoming these problems.

8. Rob W

Rob W Member

I went into advanced settings and disabled reduced buffers and enabled playback performance mode and it does seem to have helped. Was able to watch a full movie without a hitch but it's too early to say for sure yet.

9. OlivierQC

Hello,

Here are my settings with the FW 6.0.90

See you

10. rozel

rozel Active Member

Thank you! So much appreciated.

11. OlivierQC

Hello,

Zidoo Z9X is not perfect and needs to be improved, but despite this i think it is an excellent choice in this price range.

For new users don't forget you can use the Kodi GUI in combination with the Zidoo player called ZDMC, personally I use the MQ8 skin with ZDMC, but it lacks features that may be binding for some people.

or choose HT4.0... between us it's my favorite with a UI that goes to the essentials without frills with features such as support for BD menu even though it doesn't work with all movies but hope that Zidoo will be able to improve it...

see you

12. OlivierQC

And here are 2 other videos with DTS and Dolby Demos

On other forums some people have problems with surround sound formats and don't know if the problem is related to the Zidoo or not.

See you

13. OlivierQC

Hello,

I don't know if this is the best way but here's what I do when I have several ISOs with a TV show and HT4.0

----------------

First of all it is necessary to rename the ISO with the name that can be found on the TMDB website.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-------------------

And here's a video to show you what I do

-------------------

For those who are interested, I made posters and CDart for Chernobyl (2019), I also give the PSD files for photoshop if you want to modify them to your taste.

Download link : https://uptobox.com/o19enj11qjah

[​IMG]

See you

Osmar likes this.
  14. McBluna

McBluna Active Member

@OlivierQC did you submit your images to fanart.tv?

15. daddy

daddy New Member

@OlivierQC demonstrates us that Z9X is able to play movies in Dolby Atmos TrueHD or in dts-hd.
    Any S912 box under CoreElec, for less than 50€, is also able to play HDR10 movies in Dolby Atmos TrueHD or dts-hd.

What will be more challenging will be to play Valerian in Dolby Atmos TrueHD or dts-hd, in Dolby Vision.
    According to this site https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=276448 , Valerian movie should be in DV and not only in HDR10

16. OlivierQC

Hello McBluna,

No I don't

My PSDs are available for those who are interested so if you want to use them and submit them on Fanart.TV there is no problem :)

See you

17. OlivierQC

Hello daddy,

You don't like what I wrote in my Thread...you should know that I don't write it for people like you but for those who want to know more about Zidoo devices and who would be interested to buy one.

Not everyone is expecting Dolby Vision as the Messiah and many just don't care.

You know that Zidoo devices don't support all existing Dolby Vision profiles, it's no mystery so stop whining all the time about your Valerian video file that the Zidoo doesn't support, it's a new feature that needs to be improved so be patient, it will take a few more months and maybe the next generation of Zidoo box...

See you

18. OlivierQC

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  19. Tomasek

Tomasek New Member

Greetings to you all. I would like to ask what it looks like now playing with Dolby Vision movies in mkv. Does FEL and MEL play it? I have a Shield for 2019 and I'm considering buying a Zidoo z9x if it pays off. SHIELD plays just fine FEL and MEL. I read that the Zidoo z9x has better colors. Thank you for your help.

20. OlivierQC

Hello tomasek,

Welcome to the Zidoo forum :)

For your question, you have all the information on the thread of Markswift2003:

Click HERE

[​IMG]

See you