Missing is a "Stop" button.

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Nice Monkey, Jun 6, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Many including me like a Stop button next to the Pauze/Play buttons.
    A Stop button not only holds playback but also should clear player buffers and reset the play queue.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

We certainly need a way to clear the play queue and also delete "Recently Played" but those are usually explicit functions and not a function of the Stop button.

I agree a stop button might be an idea but it should just stop the current track, returning to the start of the track and maintaining the play queue.

Interestingly, neither my Squeezebox client nor my Linn DS Client have Stop buttons either but when I wrote a Crestron interface for Squeezebox, I included a stop button because it was included as part of the protocol.

I did that years ago without thinking because I'm used to adding one for video clients/sat boxes etc but if I was doing it again I might think twice - the interface is more elegant without it.

My feeling is we need a way to clear the play queue but not necessarily a stop button.

Squeezebox:
    upload_2023-6-6_9-49-44.png

Linn DS:
    upload_2023-6-6_9-50-21.png

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
    Inti and Nutul like this.
  3. Inti

Inti Active Member

I second that Recently Played and clear the play queue is a good thing to implement

4. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Will do clear the play queue next version.

5. Nice Monkey

I remembered my first CD player from Philips the CD-100.
    To avoid potential hang-ups the stop button was also hard-wired to the reset line of the player. So pressing Stop for several seconds resulted in a hard reset just like a power cycle would do.

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I think my first CD player is still in its box in the attic! It was a Dual, can't remember the model. Mid 80s..

7. neoitata

neoitata Member

Power on button will also be nice ( especially considered we already have a power off button). But if A6 is turned off, Eversolo app can't recognise it.

8. Nice Monkey

The Ethernet chip is powered off too. No WOL (Wake On LAN) on this player, so impossible to use the APP. Only IR works during standby to switch it back on.

9. neoitata

neoitata Member

Any IR remote model to recommend?

10. Nice Monkey

Will try a few that I already own with BT and RF. When?
    Both do IR too for power on/off but need to copy the code.

For IR I would go for the one announced for Eversolo as the accessory.
    But the codes were published on this forum, so these can be programmed.

11. neoitata

neoitata Member

Thanks