List of penalizing BUGs

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ghostshadow, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

FW 0.90: I couldn't access the NFS music folder I added in music player. I removed it and re-added it. During scanning, the screen suddenly popped back to homescreen.
    When I tried to access the folder again in music player, no dice. It says "Invalid". I tried this several times.

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Active Member

I can confirm that on fw 0.90 the Z9X is still not able to read tags in music files

gymnos likes this.
  3. matty2k

matty2k New Member

CEC issue - when z9x and TV connected to AVR and z9x is in standby, sound of TV is disabled.
    You need to start z9x or detach HDMI cable, then TV sound works immediately. Z9x afterwards can go to standby, TV sound will keep working. (LG OLED C7, DENON X1400H, z9x with 090FW and all CEC options off but TV ARC option).

gymnos likes this.
  4. MovieUwe

MovieUwe New Member

I have big problems with the smb network stability. No movie can be played without jerking.

5. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

it's in the list: 2. Serious stuttering/hanging issues while reproducing (heavy) files from NAS via SMB
    Please check page 1 before posting, thank you

6. matty2k

matty2k New Member

Since 090 HT4 (4.0.39) does not fetch all covers for movies (tested only movies and discovered starting from 2nd of January 2021).

7. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

I confirm the stuttering / hanging bug with file reading from samba (NAS), even on light files (Serie TV)
    This bug did not exist on 0.66

8. Vladislav

Vladislav New Member

Confirm stuttering as well... playing rather lightweight fullhd toons from NAS via SMB over 1Gbps link

9. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

Hello, I just found a new BUG:
    - On a 4K Serie in x265 non HDR, Bt 709
    My configuration:
    HDR: VS10 SDR
    When I run this series I have a beautiful black screen.
    By cons if I go back to: HDR = Auto, then the video is played.

10. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

Z9x: Netflix was working, now error 1044

11. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

This not a bug! It's an unsupported feature what's not working anymore.

gogo789 and Markswift2003 like this.
  12. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

When you choose Display / Dolby vision compatible mode / <on> the Resolution in 'HDI Mode' jumps back to 3840 * 2160p which can cause a Black screen depending on the TV, even when you have previously locked the setting by 'lock resolution '.

13. RudoSK

RudoSK New Member

Resolution lock does not work
    This is zidoo support :)

14. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Lock resolution resets on a change of HDMI mode because the box reads the display EDID and the box resets to the highest mode EDID allows.

15. Markswift2003

Yes it does.

16. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

Automatic Frame Rate not working (did last time in 6.0.45) I have to switch it manually (only when the HDMI is set to a fixed resolution and framerate, it stays on that one e.g. 1080p with 23,976Hz but if a video has another framerate it is not switching the framerate automatically).

17. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Armin,

I'm not very good with the English language and I'm not sure I understand your message.

You talk about the options I show in the video and frequency at the top left of the screen ? (Frame-rate and Resolution / Lock Resolution)

See you

18. Markswift2003

Automatic frame rate works perfectly. Are you sure it's switched on?

19. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

opened topic for subtitle files: .sub .idx files only 60-70% showing in native player. ZDMC does not have that problem.

20. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

On firmware 0.90 it works, if you select Automatic Frame Rate and resolution the video is read at its framerate. If you have locked the framerate and resolution, it only locks for HT4 not for video playback.