Kodi (for android) is dead ....

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Paulus, Mar 16, 2016.

1. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

@Rene Veen this is no 3D file :)
    @Xoxi Xiola +0.25s here too in all "kodi" versions (kodi, spmc and zdmc)

Anton Bernd likes this.
  2. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Hmm, maybe this is why you can't see issue? Test on file where somebody is speaking and watch carefuly. For some pepole this can be even hard to see, but for me audio is a little delayed, approx 0.25s

3. grummel2005

please stop using those words
    please follow the netiquette of internet and forums
    thx

Anton Bernd likes this.
  4. grummel2005

i CAN see it but it is stuttering in spmc in 15.0.0 and 16.1.1

@Xoxi Xiola see PM

Anton Bernd likes this.
  5. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

grummel2005 likes this.
  6. grummel2005

Anton Bernd likes this.
  7. cobra78

cobra78 Member

The only way for Zidoo to fix the audio out of sync is for people to post proper info, without it Zidoo can't do anything.

1. What firmware are you using?
    2. Using ZDMC, Zidoo Theatre, MXPlayer or what other video player?
    3. What is the bit-rate, frame-rate, codecs used on the video that has audio out of sync?
    4. Post a public link to the video or a snippet of it if it's not available on the internet or it's too big to upload.
    Zidoo can't test any videos they don't have.
    5. Provide a catlog - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nolanlawson.logcat&hl=en without a log Zidoo can't see what is causing the problem or if it's something else on your side only.
    6. If using ZDMC provide a debug log, here are the steps to follow - http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
    On official Kodi forum they refuse to help anyone without a debug log as every person's set up is different.
    7. Try testing with the official Kodi sample files first that are available for everyone - http://kodi.wiki/view/Samples
    8. Describe the exact problem that you experience. What did you do before it happened, what happened after the problem occurred?

This should be a guide for any problem on Zidoo firmware

I think the audio out of sync problem some people experience has to do with 23.976 frame-rate videos.
    In previous firmware ZDMC/Kodi had a setting for 23.976 Optimize but it was removed because some people found it unstable.
    If Zidoo can work on something like this again I think most peoples' problems will be solved.

spring, Rene Veen and cyber7 like this.
  8. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

I really want issue to be addressed, because it's major problem! Ok, for now I can answer for some questions, the rest needs some test (but I will do that in later time). So:
    1. Recent 1.0.33, rooted
    2. Official Kodi 16 from play store - audio sync issue. MXPlayer, system video player - no issues. Youtube - no issues.
    3. Various birates. Example: 1080p video downloaded from Youtube (it's, as far as I know, h264 and approx 2Mbps bitrate). Also, dvb-t streams from tvheadend (h264, 1080i, bitrate approx 4 Mbps)
    8. Exact problem - audio is out of sync, 0.25s audio delayed, always. Just start playback, watch carefuly and you notice audio delay.

P.S. I have no idea if it's framerate related. Because dvb-t is 25 fps, not 23.976. Also I'm confused, because:
    - any other app (not Kodi) is ok but:
    - Kodi on any other hardware is ok too

I also want to avoid ZDMC. Sorry, it looks as broken for me. While playback, go to video settings from osd and you will notice all video settings missing - not able to set aspect ratio, deinterlace, brightness, contrast, wtf?

9. grummel2005

@Xoxi Xiola sorry to say that and i can see and accept your basic intention to use KODI from GOOGLE PLAY but at the moment only ZDMC from ZIDOO is running best on X6.
    So change first and then do further here

but i can tell you that i have the same firmware here and i am using zdmc and have the same problem with sound here, but GOOGLE PLAY KODI is not supported
    it is bad i know but this is reality

Anton Bernd likes this.
  10. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

11. grummel2005

no - not possible - sorry

edit1:
    see screenshot!

edit2:
    no as far as i know are there some other things fixed

could you please check the mp4 file from above link, whether this is running okai on your version?
    thx

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    Anton Bernd and Xoxi Xiola like this.
  12. cobra78

cobra78 Member

You can use ZDMC.
    Then in Settings, Acceleration - Turn of RockchipCodec, only leave MediaCodec Surface Rendering on(Need to enable Expert Settings)
    Then you will be able to adjust brightness, aspect ratio etc.
    You will then still have Rockchip pass-through support.
    See if that helps, if not you can also disable Mediacodec Surface rendering, then everything will be played by the CPU, then everything up to 1080p should still be playable.

13. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

No need pass-through. Need to have decoding hardware accelerated and adjust video settings.

On official kodi, when I enable both mediacidec and mediacodec surface, I stil have all video settings, including aspect ratio and only contrast and brightness are not available.
    If I disable mediacodec surface, I have complete video settings, including contrast and brightness. But decoding is still hardware accelerated. Including 4k. Actually, I don't know what is "mediacodec surface" for. It changes nothing.

So, are you trying to say, that on zbmc, I need to have software decoding to get aspect ratio settings available? Really??

14. cobra78

cobra78 Member

No, you need RockchipCodec disabled and Mediacodec Surface enabled as in normal Kodi. Then aspect ratio will work.
    Contrast and brightness only works in Software decoding in both ZDMC and official Kodi on Android I'm afraid.

15. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

No, you are wrong. Mediacodec enabled, Mediacodec surface disabled. Maybe you are mixing up mediacodec surface / mediacodec? As far as I know, Mediacodec surface rendering is not used to decode video. For me that setting changes nothing. Even cpu load while playing movie is not changing. It only causes contrast/brightness not available

And I have complete video settings, including contrast / brightness. And video decoding works - h265/4k dci is perfectly smooth, not possible with decoding on cpu

16. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

17. grummel2005

on this you see that GOOGLE PLAY KODI is not running okai on X6 and all should use ZDMC

Anton Bernd likes this.
  18. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

So, does that file plays fine in zdmc?

19. grummel2005

this file is running here fluently and without hicks or stuttering on latest X6 firmware and latest ZDMC
    but the 0,25 sec delay of voice is here too, but i have set it to all videos and for now it is okai for me
    but this has to be fixed

Anton Bernd likes this.
  20. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member