Kodi (for android) is dead ....

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Paulus, Mar 16, 2016.

1. spring

spring Guest

2. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

What do you mean? There is similar problem (audio delay) confirmed on official kodi forum, for amlogic devices. Above was a hack and that hack was disabled (as you can see, it's commented). It seems we need it for our device as well, because audio is always delayed currently, exactly 250 ms.

This should look like this:

Code:
    double CAESinkAUDIOTRACK::GetLatency()
    {
         return 0.250;
    }
    that ugly hack will force audio to be +0.250s (needs testing).

3. cobra78

cobra78 Member

Can also use advancedsettings.xml file for the hack, then don't need a new compiled Kodi/ZDMC and every person can set his one delay which might be different for some users.
    But I don't know how to set it just for streaming, because local video playback mostly is not out of sync.
    The hack changes sync delay for both streaming and local video playback, not just for one of them.

4. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

why use a "hack" - you can set in in ZDMC and fix it :)
    i see there no "hack" ;)

Anton Bernd likes this.
  5. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

This is hack, because it's because of buggy zidoo android firmware. This should not happen and should not be needed to fix at kodi side. So basically, there are bugs in zidoo android build and this is why you are forced to do dumb things in kodi.

6. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

For me, all videos are out of sync. Does not matter, local or streamed.

7. crocell

crocell New Member

about 0.25 audio delay, for me it's the audio format of the video file that does make the difference (and only with ZDMC) :
    - Dolby = delay
    - DTS = no delay

so, setting a global audio delay of -0,25 in preferences is not what I call a working solution ...

8. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

yes crocell - this should be solved by firmware not by "hack"

Anton Bernd likes this.
  9. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Only very few files I have are dts. Tested: mp2, ac3, aac, eac3, mp3. All are out of sync