Kodi (for android) is dead ....

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X6 Pro' started by Paulus, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Paulus

Paulus Member

.... as reported by many sources on internet. The main developer (Koying) left Kodi team updating his Kodi fork SPMC. That it will NOT support Rockchip (please see SPMC site).
    And now what ?
    Long life to Zidoo Theater ! ;-) (I'm joking, please don't kill me. But please fix it getting forum feedbacks).

For sure I don't want that Zidoo Kodi will be replaced in next FW, but Zidoo team has to consider also this new shocking news and take appropriate solutions for future.

http://liliputing.com/2016/03/kodi-media-center-fork-spmc-for-android-is-back.html

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  2. grummel2005

grummel2005 Well-Known Member

if kodi / zdmc will be deleted in x6 they will get a lot of devices back - i promise :(
    a lot of people (!!!) bought the device because of kodi
    as i did!!!

Anton Bernd likes this.
  3. Paulus

Paulus Member

I don't think that Kodi/ZDMC will be "deleted", but for sure Zidoo (and others) will have issues to get updated releases ... and no 17 (Kripton) at all.
    And this is a shame (on Kodi team) mainly because it was promised by Kodi developers (but I should say Koying) that some of major issues still present in 16 (Audio passthrough and more) will be fixed by then.

I don't blame Zidoo and, for sure, I will not return my X6Pro. It's still a good box with very good support, but in future they should carefully choose their chipsets for new boxes and Rockchip seems a not so good provider (10bit promised by RK, poor support to external communities and so on).

Maybe someone else will take over the Koying job on Android version of Kodi. We will see.

4. spring

spring Guest

hi:
    Don't worry about this, we'll take care of that.

AlmostHuman, nice159 and cyber7 like this.
  5. Rene Veen

Rene Veen Member

Do we know how SPMC performs on Zidoo X6? This fork of Kodi will not have for the moment specific changes for Rockchip processor.
    Maybe Zidoo can add these?

I installed SPMC on my box and it seems to work fine, but had no time yet for a full test.

6. grummel2005

i am running spmc on one of my boxes parallel and here as well it is running okai - only the newer add-ons are not running
    @Rene Veen which version do you run?

i had 15.0.0 but i see now, that there is a brand new one here

http://spmc.semperpax.com/

Anton Bernd likes this.
  7. Rene Veen

Rene Veen Member

8. grummel2005

but:

Important: No more Rockchip specific support as of this version

maybe zidoo can work together with the new programmer :)

zidoo???

Anton Bernd likes this.
  9. grummel2005

16.1.1 installed

during installation i was wondering, that 16.1.1 did not update the old 15.0.0 so they are now parallel on the x6...

on start i have a font problem - see screenshot!
    others have this on x6 as well when they try to install kodi from google play

what is the solution there???

Attached Files:

Anton Bernd likes this.
  10. grummel2005

Anton Bernd likes this.
  11. Rene Veen

Rene Veen Member

I don't have those font problems but my box has dutch as standard language

12. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

There is absolutely nothing to support at kodi/spmc side. If you are zidoo dev, my suggestion is to take care all android api standards and kodi will run fine, with all functionalities including passthrough.

Simply, make your firmware 100℅ compatible with Android/Mediacodec and that's all, stop using hacks that don't meet any standards. Any kodi build will run perfectly fine then

First zidoo blame that is obvious is audio sync issue. No matter what I do, always audio is 0.25s delayed in kodi. What are you going to do to fix that? Again, firmware fix is preffered, instead of custom hacked kodi build.

grummel2005 likes this.
  13. grummel2005

fully agree - i stated this a lot of time
    kodi/zdmc - problems on x6 are selfmade by zidoo

Anton Bernd and Xoxi Xiola like this.
  14. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

I don't understand it at all. Wouldn't it be more easy to make fix in zidoo firmware, instead of making fork of each kodi version? Note that firmware fix will solve all problems forever, for all future kodi/spmc versions.

Now they are forking each kodi version to apply their hacks. Sorry it looks dumb for me. And it's actually unnecesary job to do each time.

Also, audio sync problem is present even in their fork. Zidoo, shame on you, sorry

15. cyber7

cyber7 Active Member Beta test group

Ok, are you guys really that gullible?
    1. READ and find out for yourself, don't trust the idiots trying to make a good thing bad...
    2. I am going to ask quite nicely that "grummel2005" stops his "http://goo.gl/81dXNP"!
    3. Seems like in the 3rd post "spring" who I believe is one of the developers states, (and I quote) "Don't worry about this, we'll take care of that."
    Kodi, as you all know, started attacking the major builders of devices who sells "copyright infringed bundled content" with the Kodi trade-mark. BUT, they did, however, forgot ONE MAJOR THING! The developers of said boxes are also developers of the Kodi code. If you had a look at my postings the first time Kodi did a "news-attack" on box-builders, I warned them that their developers are going to leave. <sic February 26, 2015>

They, Kodi, also decided that that was not enough, they attacked ALL builders of boxes through social media, including Zidoo! I also warned them they are going to loose developers...
    OK, that said, all of you bought these amazing devices stamped Zidoo. Do you REALLY think that your investment is going down the drain? Active development is happening and is still happening and I bet there is a "alpha/beta" release of ZDMC17 already in the works. This company you bought your devices from is not (1)in for the short-haul, nor (2)a shot in the dark type of company. They did not spend thousands of $$$ in various licences, just to see the development of their devices go down the drain. They have a rather nice amount of brains sitting actively looking at code, so don't think it is all doom and gloom, just because of what one person keeps saying.

As a last point, Zidoo is on of MANY companies developing honest and honorable devices and code. This Kodi thing you read is only some developers trying to get you to run their code. If you do not believe me, look at the Kodi nightlies and you will see that (I am posting this today, the 17th of March 2016) the latest release reads:
    kodi-20160316-7cd673f-master-armeabi-v7a.apk56M17-Mar-2016 06:32

So grummel2005, you are being an "arschloch" with your permanent negativity.
    ps - I hope you enjoy my signature, "dorftrottel"!
    ps2 - Hi Zidoo, I think i deserve a gift ;)

16. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Cyber7 - I can't understand your point of view. Kodi uses Android official api. Zidoo/rockchip support for STANDARD api is broken. This is not Kodi fault.

I will say it again - Zidoo should stop using non standard hacks and it will be fully compatible with official Kodi build. Instead, they forked Kodi. This is wrong!

It's even worse. Actually, Zidoo kodi port breaks many things. For example, I am unable to set movie aspect ratio, because this option is missing.

I can only hope, that zidoo devs are going to fix their firmware bugs.

P.S. I'm not intetested in devs conflicts... kodi for android will not die. But we should not expect from its devs to add hacks for each soc.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  17. cyber7

Xoxi Xiola
    I understand what you are saying, but the subject in this says "Kodi for Andoid is DEAD", which is a lie. It is actively being developed (thanks to a little box called RPi).

This is the latest running 99%...
    kodi-20160316-7cd673f-master-armeabi-v7a.apk56M17-Mar-2016 06:32
    And for those who doubt me:
    Screenshot_2016-03-17-21-03-56.jpg

720p - NO stutter, Audio in sync:
    Screenshot_2016-03-17-21-05-50.jpg

18. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

Ok. But still audio sync issues, ziodoo fault

19. cyber7

Does this happen with ALL or only SOME sources? If you read my message above (and other) I do not EVER get out of sync audio, but for bad sources...

20. Xoxi Xiola

Xoxi Xiola Member

All sources. I'm on official Jarvis 16.