Issues that need attention NOW.

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by ursiel, Mar 1, 2018.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Are you experiencing 12345678910 or 1235678910
    As in missing digits ?

Id notice its not 100 % perfect in timing going through the numbers .
    But it missed numbers on previous firmware that was really bad .

2. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Oh, I see what you're saying. I wasn't aware it was actually skipping numbers before. No, I didn't notice that, but I wasn't looking for it either. I'll take another quick look. For me I notice the timing of the digits is just off, like it doesn't keep proper time with the playback, like it's always trying to "catch-up".

Edit - just checked - nope, no missing digits. Watched it count up to 2 minutes. Just the timing is off.

3. Davicom

Davicom Member

Give me a second and I report to you

ursiel likes this.
  4. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Another note for Zidoo - I think the USB eject function should be in a much more visible and obvious place. I had no idea how to eject my USB thumb drive, until a member here told me I had to click left on my remote to bring up the option to eject.

5. Davicom

Davicom Member

The seconds do not flow smoothly: they jump, they speed up. :(

About "HDR Led": it doesn't light on from BDMV MENU', instead if i go directly playback it functions

ursiel likes this.
  6. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Thanks for confirming the front VFD display bug, and reporting the HDR LED bug. Hopefully Zidoo will continue to follow this thread.

If I understand correctly, the HDR front display icon on the VFD doesn't light up when playing a UHD with menu, but if you play just the UHD file directly without menu, it lights up?

I can play mkv UHD with HDR and the light comes on.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  7. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Yes was quite bad and annoying the skipping of numbers
    It has improved with firmware updates but its not perfect but it has got better .

But ive noticed the flow of numbers is not precise .

ursiel likes this.
  8. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Thank you for looking into this thread and passing this along to Zidoo. I do appreciate it.

9. Davicom

Davicom Member

correct. BDMV from MenĂ¹= No HDR light, BDMV from direct play (skip menu)= Yes HDR light...this is little little bug but annoying.

ursiel likes this.
  10. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

will solve it.

11. Davicom

Davicom Member

Thanks, but the most important problems concern the stability and fluidity of reproduction: redundant stuttering.

If you could also make stable playback via Ethernet (samba) would be perfect, you could use a NAS without problems.

12. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback. Do you mean they will solve the seconds not moving smoothly, or the HDR front display light, or both?

I agree with Davicom that the most important issues currently are getting the various video output configurations to put out the proper frame rates without stutters, and also making the video file initial startup a bit smoother, but any other fixes that come along the way are also greatly appreciated. The more bugs you guys knock out, the better the player will be.

13. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

The user PacoRabanne had a great idea in the x9s 2.0.5 thread about how Zidoo could handle that annoying "Loading" pop-up that comes up every time it plays a video or switches to the next video file when "repeat all" is enabled:

Instead of a pop-up on-screen when loading a video, display "Load" on the front display. That's what the screen is for, after all - giving us information. So instead of an annoying popup, just say "Load" on the front display when it loads a video file. Brilliant idea! That makes one less annoying pop-up on-screen, which will make starting video files a smoother experience, and yet still give us the information that the video is loading. Both the x10 and the x9s have front displays, so it should be easily done.

Added to list (item 12) in the first post. I think this should be a quick and easy one to do and this will make video playback immediately more pleasant.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  14. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I tried watching a UHD/HDR movie last night in 444/12bit mode, with "Switch frame rate and resolution" enabled, and there was constant stuttering. After the first 7 or 8 minutes, I finally gave up since I had already seen 4 or 5 stutters. I switched to 422/12bit, and I was able to finish the movie. I believe I saw a few stutters/frame drops during the rest of the film, but nowhere close to what I saw in 444.

There's a serious issue currently in 444/12bit for 2160p. At this point I don't even remember if 1080 444/12bit is also affected. Ziddo need to take this seriously.

15. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

i watched jumanji ISO UHD HDR and i use the following settings 444/12Bit, Switch frame rate and resolution AUTO
    and I noticed 2 or 3 micro-stuttering on the whole movie and it's very discreet .

16. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

17. Davicom

Davicom Member

RGB or YUV?

@zarathoestra you're right, it's logical!

@ursiel if I setting 4:2:2 10bit there is not more stuttering, me too. Is it possible problem of hdmi cables speed?

18. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

YcBcR and it is recommended not to use the RGB apart for calibration or with a personal computer.

the TV converts the 12Bit signal into 10Bit and does not influence the framerate

With the Egreat it is also in YcBcR 4.4.4 12Bit and there is no problem of stuttering at all.

see you

19. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

Still you have no benefit of the setting 4.4.4. .12 as long as there are no 12 bit panels on the contrary you force it and let do the tv/OR ZIDOO an extra processing for converting o_O so tell me what's the benefit for that kind of action ???

20. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

I replaced my HDMI cable last month with a premium certified 18Gbps cable, and it actually solved a separate issue I was having. So no, it's not the cable responsible for the stuttering.