Issues that need attention NOW.

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X10' started by ursiel, Mar 1, 2018.

1. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

MediaCenter/player crashing
    --------------------------------------------------

I booted up the Zidoo last night and the first thing that happened during boot was a pop-up saying apps are starting. I'm sure that should not happen.

Then I highlighted MediaCenter and immediately I got another popup saying MediaCenter has stopped working. After a few seconds I tried again and it worked. Then I started playing a full blu-ray disc, and as soon as I tried to navigate forward during playback using the remote's arrow buttons, another popup over the video saying navigation has stopped working, and the video player crashed and went back to the main screen. I tried again and then it played and navigated ok.

I truly regret keeping this player. I knew I should have just returned it while I could.

2. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Booting up with a pop up saying apps are starting is a standard function that has been happening since the Zidoo was built .
    Its the way new apps are updated also an indicator for you that things are updating .
    It has been standard for ages .

3. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

And is the player crashing and going back to the main interface also standard?

I was told several weeks ago that the "apps are starting" message is not normal, and usually indicates the player didn't shut down correctly. I'm just going by what I was told previously.

Maybe if Zidoo bothered to offer some form of support, we'd get answers to questions so we would know what is normal and what isn't, instead of having to guess.

4. DELUCAS

Crashing can be anything to do with power supply ?
    Apps on your zidoo ?
    Software ?
    Movies ?
    Over heating ?
    Not powering off your machine often ?

Not experinced crashing at all and have two X10 to test now .
    When i boot up i often get the message apps updating its nomal .

But i dont have mine running for long periods of time so dont know if you do ?

5. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Lol, or maybe it's just a problematic player with buggy software.

I don't leave it on for long periods of time. It was off for days before I turned it on. It's the first time I've seen this particular issue, but I haven't used the player that much as I'm frustrated with it. It's not overheating. I don't have any apps on my Zidoo, other than what came with it in the box. Why would it be the power supply? I didn't say the machine lost power. I said the Zidoo player app crashed and went back to the main interface.

6. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

I've never seen this at start up.

7. zarathoestra

zarathoestra Active Member

When i'm not satisfy with a product i sell it ! I did it with the egreat A10 which was in my eyes a shitty player , now i'm selling the zappiti one which is good but the lack of supporting full blu-ray menu annoyed me even it was promised so i think for you it's time to move on . You don't like it no big deal but moaning about everything isn't gonna give you the player you want to have.
    It's boring and your issues aren't mine or others so i say bye bye . :D

DELUCAS likes this.
  8. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

Eh, sounds a hell of a lot like the "Full Blu-Ray Menu Experience" of Zidoo to me, yeah if something doesn't work as advertised it's best to spend more $$$ on another unit that may well do the same rather than dare bore a BB member with legitimate issues. :rolleyes:

9. zarathoestra

Well well we have have an expert on our side , maybe you can hook up together and start your own company and at the end of the day all your issues will be resolved and your still will chewing on the same bone.:p

10. DELUCAS

The commencing of boot up and then the updating apps is regular to happen and even the Nvidia shield tv does it also
    I know i have two shields and two Zidoo X 10 .

It does not mean its broke or req fixing its just its updating the apps .

11. DELUCAS

Not experienced crashing on mine and what ive mentioned earlier the updating of apps is common to see and also does it on the Nvidia Shield tv .

So its not a thing that needs attention its how it updates the apps an Android os App update .

OlivierQC likes this.
  12. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Let me ask you this - what have you contributed to this forum exactly that has been useful for other members?

Because I have been posting tons of information that I was hoping Zidoo would use to hopefully pinpoint issues and correct them.

See, that's what a tech forum like this is for. For users to report issues they have so they can get fixed. That's how it's supposed to work.

I have had several members in here thank me for posting the information I have posted, in a way that is easy to read and parse. The idea being it would hopefully help Zidoo, and other members.

Too bad that you find it "boring". Get lost if you don't like it. I'm trying to help. What are you doing?

Sorry to sound rude, but I'm sick of posts like yours that do nothing to help and only discourage uses to post their findings.

I paid over $200 for this player. I think that entitles me to post technical issues I'm having with the player in the tech forum for the product that was designed specifically for this purpose.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
    DavidWu5 likes this.
  13. Prometheus

Prometheus Member

+1
    I agree with you. I think we are entitle to have better responses from Zidoo. If you don't bitch or moan about it, nothing will get fixed and we will get more or less the same shitty players no matter which brands you're going to get.
    Before I buy a produce, I check first if it has a good technical support, if not bye, bye. The problem with most companies now the customers are the guinea pigs about bug fixing, and it seems more current to have new players pre-loaded with bugs that might get fixed or not in the future, and most of the time they ignore their guinea pigs bitching about the bugs.

ursiel likes this.
  14. zarathoestra

I truly regret keeping this player. I knew I should have just returned it while I could.

Demention at an early stage ? My contrubution is keeper of your mental health:p

ursiel likes this.
  15. Claudiu

Claudiu Member

Using the zidoo video player, downloading subtitles only gives me 100 subtitles in Arabic for almost every movie, although my subtitle language setting is in Romanian. I'd like to see Romanian or English subtitles in this search. Is this a bug?

16. ton_dahlia

ton_dahlia Member

Just found that BD menu in ISO file is not working anymore especially in sound testing file such as DTS demonstration disc , Dolby demonstration disc and also Disney WOW file, but previous firmware is fully working BD menu with that files.

17. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

Which firmware version are you currently running?

18. Witchdoctorgaz

Witchdoctorgaz New Member

Unresponsive, crashing, buggy O/S and software implementation. Should have purchased an Nvidia Shield TV or similar, still you get what you pay for I guess.

19. DELUCAS

Really ?

What model ?
    What firmware ?
    Have you bloat loaded it ?
    Do you re set it ocassionaly ?

20. Blackbeen

Blackbeen Member

But the Nvidia Shield TV is about 100 bucks less so I'm not sure what you mean.