FIRMWARE FOR UHD3000 ???

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by JohnnyH, Dec 4, 2023.

1. JohnnyH

JohnnyH New Member

Its only been a year since the official release of the non beta firmware ????

Is there any chance Zidoo will pull the finger out and correct all the issues and bugs with the UHD3000

oh and give us some nice new features in new firmware for this now very dated in Zidoo eyes media player.

Last Christmas it was the go to model, which I purchased, little did I know their would be Zero support in 2023 for this model!!!

Its as if Zidoo sold this machine last Christmas and left all their customer out to dry with
    NO new firmware support at all through 2023

Appalling support from Zidoo, never again will I purchase Zidoo

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

3. JohnnyH

JohnnyH New Member

thank you for the reply

I'm running that version firmware

but there are still issues ??

Like relocating your share to a new ip address loses everything !!!
    you lose cover art ?? you lose all your previous scrapes, all the many categories I have added, all gone!! you have to start from fresh again

The rescan option does not work really?? better to start from fresh again

can't believe changing the IP can do so much destruction to months of work adding movies, beyond poor infantile firmware

also Sub titles always on by default

The list goes on and and on

The firmware needs serious addressing by software engineers, one beta release a year is beyond poor!

it also could not with a nice fancy facelift too, it looks very amateurish for a premium player

Very very disappointed with Zidoo and last Christmas purchase of the UHD3000

4. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  5. JohnnyH

JohnnyH New Member

Thank you for your reply

I have always used fixed IP addresses on my network for all items other than Wifi phones / tablets

I actually run 4 Subnets on my Cisco Router

1 for media
    1 for Ip network cameras
    1 for computers
    1 for WiFi

I use to share computers with media

and that's how use to run the Zidoo,

but when I wanted to make the network more secure I changed the media to its own subnet network 192.168.4.x

that's when I lost everything months and months of work on the zidoo UHD3000 that use to be on a 192.168.1.x network,

I have never had an issue ever with any other network media device or network item when changing IP ranges ??? only the Zidoo

This just goes to show how poor the firmware design is for the zidoo !!

How on earth did the software designers not think that users would at sometime need to change network devices or subnets ???

To destroy months of work is a joke!! I sure hope other users don't need to change networks subnets as you will loose all you shares and scrapes

Its hard enough at the best of times getting the right titles / cover art etc when adding new media to the zidoo, but to lose it all is beyond a joke

There clearly needs to be New professional software developers at zidoo ensuring the future firmware is bug free and resilient to all user eventualities before release

not that there ever is any great sign of firmware releases ???

Clearly a change of network addreses should not destroy the whole Zidoo media remote environment, if it was correctly written firmware the new SMB shares on the new subnet would simply be updated in the zidoo lookup database

Not one other item failed when changing my network subnets, only the Zidoo, the Dune media player worked flawlessly, guess as always its down to the programming skills that some companies are missing ?

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's exactly why there is an option to "Synchronise data from other source".

7. JohnnyH

JohnnyH New Member

Oh ….

I’m well aware of the obvious stated resync option that also has issues

I think you’re missing the point !!

you shouldn’t need to resync or re search for moved shares

you simply need to update the new ip and location in the database

all this resyncing that’s so buggy is the wrong approach

other media players you simply change the ip / location and it’s all done for you

More professional firmware I guess

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Netmask likes this.
  9. JohnnyH

JohnnyH New Member

Sadly some people get it and many don’t, your reply tells me everything I need to know

this discussion is simply about the various things wrong with the uhd 3000 firmware and how to improve

sadly it would seem it’s of no concern to you, as i gleamed from your first post.