Home Theater - backup and restore data after network share renaming

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by matty2k, Sep 11, 2021.

1. matty2k

matty2k New Member

Dear community,

I just needed to migrate from one NAS to another. Thatˋs why I needed to change the network share naming a little bit. All filenames in the movie folders are unchanged. Now my question - is it possible to backup and restore the data of Home Theater somehow? I guess if I change/adjust the sources to the new location, scraping starts again from scratch … or may I add/change the sources without scraping and than restore the backup to match everything again? Will that work?

kind regards
    Matty

2. muha

muha Active Member

You can export all .nfo and .jpeg files in movie folders. When you do rescan, just make sure that you have set priority local data checked in settings.
    I will send you snapshots in an hour.

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes, that's exactly what I'd do.

There's also a migration option in the scan menu in "Sources" but I've never tried it.

4. muha

muha Active Member

Screenshot_20210911-120602.png Screenshot_20210911-120626.png Screenshot_20210911-120652.png

Attached Files:

5. matty2k

matty2k New Member

OK. What I have .. stored all pictures in a local folder on Zidoo … will that work too …?

6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

I general use to switch from NFS to SMB or vice versa, but can use for any if source can match one to one.
    Then can try edit theater.db with DB Browser for SQLite.
    Open BACKUP-xxxx.ztb in 7zip, go to BACKUP-xxxx\BACKUP-xxxx\databases\theater.db open with DB Browser for SQLite then on tables DEVICE_INFO, SOURCE_INFO change a bit.

LE: if .HomeTheater folder are save on source(defaults setting on HT 3.0/4.0) then all image will be preserve.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2021
  7. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

This is the migration option I was talking about:

Screenshot_20210911-132302.png

As long as the new disc is a mirror image of the original one and the original disc is scanned, this should work.

But as I say, I've never tried it..