EDID thread (RTD1619DR players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Cool - saw you figured it out - you have to be careful though because each byte has multiple functions - for example byte 6 controls TMaxPQ as you found (first 5 bits) but also DV interface (last 2 bits) with bit 6 reserved.

Also the resolution isn't exact since there are only 32 levels definable between 100 and 10,000 nits.

So 01000 as you defined by setting byte 6 to 0x40 gives TMax PQ roughly between 277 and 374, nominally 322.

Ish ;)

fancyclown likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

This should be what you're after:

https://mega.nz/file/YTR3nAqB#Tq_F83R9mdyOp8DXa1lMnLqDs5cRK5mM2v4-qKp1k-E

I'm surprised you see a difference between the two - the only difference is a very slight tweak in the colour primaries, but as in my reply above, the resolution of values is very poor since only a few bits are allocated to each primary value. The "New" versions were only done to satisfy my attention to detail rather than make any physical difference to the image.

Zaudio and C7 Translate like this.
  3. C7 Translate

C7 Translate New Member

Hello, I am currently using Z9X with Formovie X5, is there any way I can watch movies with Dolby Vision with this projector? Or at least change EDID to use Dolby Vision with VS10. I'm not very tech savvy, sorry if the question is stupid. If possible, I hope you can help me explain and advise me on the best solution. Thank you
    This is my EDID
    mega.nz/file/tytE0aQL#C_2V3aFpcm5X5wAVGmjiNRND1gLThNcFtJnjLNTsDRE

4. Markswift2003

It depends whether the projector can be manually switched into its HDR mode or not, otherwise an HDFury device is needed.

See attached if the projector can be manually switched.

Attached Files:

5. C7 Translate

C7 Translate New Member

Can you help me change my edid file so I can use lldv vs10 with formovie x5? thank you very much

6. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

Mark already provided the instructions you need to follow that are in the attachment in his reply to you.....

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. C7 Translate

C7 Translate New Member

I see there are a lot of different brightness levels so I don't know which file to choose. I tried a few files but the image comes out like a layer of white covering it and distorting the color (red to orange), although the brightness is different. very good contrast

8. Markswift2003

You don't need a file - follow the instructions I gave you.

9. fabiopg

fabiopg New Member

Hi all, I've got a JVC N7 projector.
    Which is the best setting for quality video? Which edid setting is better to use?
    Thanks for your help :)

10. julius Heslet

julius Heslet New Member

Have you checked out the thread on this forum called "Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players" (for some reason i'm not allowed to post the link)..

There's an attached PDF called "Using Zidoo Boxes for LLDV on JVC Projectors". I hope that helps.

11. C7 Translate

C7 Translate New Member

image comes out like a layer of white covering it and distorting the color (red to orange), although the brightness is different. very good contrast
    This is because the device does not support Dolby Vision, right?

12. julius Heslet

julius Heslet New Member

I don't have a JVC myself, i'm on Sony - but it sounds like you need to put the PJ into HDR mode maunally? Have you tried this?

13. C7 Translate

C7 Translate New Member

I watch with Formovie X5 + Zidoo Z9X, not Sony

14. enry184

enry184 Member

@Markswift2003
    Hi Mark, I wanted to ask you a question. I played a movie in MKV Dolby Vision via Kodi on my Sony KD65-AF9 OLED TV and I was able to see that the Dolby Vision engine of the TV is significantly superior to that of my Zidoo UHD3000. The exact same file reproduced in the zidoo, the images are darker and darker. My question is the following: is there a way to bypass the Zidoo's dolby vision engine and use the TV's in some way? Is there an EDID file that would allow me to do this? I tried changing the setting from LLDV player to LED TV but nothing changed

15. NoBiluS

NoBiluS New Member

Hi Mark,

Which edition was this one (Full + BT2020NEW LLDV.bin) replaced by? I had to reset the Z1000Pro (the categories disappear).

Thks.

16. Markswift2003

No, Dolby Vision doesn't work like that, but essentially that's what you do using TV Led Dolby Vision. EDID is irrelevant to this.

If you are seeing a big difference in Dolby Vision presentation between the TV and Zidoo with the same source file that would indicate a difference in calibration at the display and not the source.

17. Markswift2003

That one was not replaced. That's a later version of the one I supplied to Zidoo for the boxes but the only difference is that the colour primaries are slightly, and I mean slightly, different.

I doubt anyone would see any difference between the two because there are only a few bits available to define them so the numerical resolution is very low.

18. Customi

Customi New Member

Hi Mark,

Can you back to me referral to my post at Sept 9th? SONY AF8, YAMAHA RX-A1080 and ZIDOO Z9X dark dolby vision problem. I've uploaded the EDID files to you.

Also crossed my mind if my problem caused by AVR, I can use a HDMI splitter - some better one -, where I can split the sound and redirect to my AVR and an another HDMI the video (and audio) signal sends to my TV directly. Yes, but the splitter copies back to Zidoo each device EDID info. My TV doesn't support HD sounds (DTS-HD MA, Atmos, etc.), so it's not good, but if my AVR screws up the picture, that one's EDID won't be good either. Maybe, I can "merge" the EDID infos: all of the screen-specific infos matches the TV'S EDID infos, and the sound-specific infos matches what comes from the AVR. But it's a hard hack, with an intermediate device, another HDMI cables, etc. I'm still not sure if this will be good solution...

Can you help me, what can be the best solution for me, and where is the problem in this chain?

Thanks!

19. enry184

enry184 Member

The problem is precisely this. The TV's Dolby Vision settings are identical in Zidoo and Kodi. At the same setting, the Dolby Vision in the Zidoo is much darker and I don't understand why this happens.

20. Customi

Customi New Member

Exactly, same to me (the difference is, I don't have Kodi so I can't compare with that), so it seems, we have a very similar problem!

On the TV, all of the HDMI inputs calibrations are the same (on SONY Android TVs each HDMI input can have different calibration settings). Still, DV from AppleTV is good (this is an irrelevant thing for me for streaming, just for curiosity). From the Oppo UHD-203, DV is great (from disc source, becouse streaming local file from NAS can't support DV). But from Zidoo, the DV picture MUCH darker and I don't understand, why.

This is not just my problem, I can see it, but it's good to see, not AF8-specific the problem.

I can shift Gamma to 1 or better 2 (default: 0), black levels are left at 50 (default), but its definetly not that I should touch of I'm afraid... :(