Dmp A8 HDMI ARC input

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by BillyVegas, Nov 26, 2023.

1. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

Can someone who has a DMP-A8 please tell me if a TV will turn the A8 on/off via it‘s HDMI ARC input ?

I have one on pre-order and would like to know before it ships ..

thanks

bk

2. Spring

Spring New Member Zidoo TECH Supporter

Hi
    HDMI CEC of A8 only support VOL+/VOL-, do not support POWER ON/OFF.

3. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

Oh no !
    Can it be implemented via a firmware update ?

or at a minimum implement a firmware update to allow the A8 to “wake” from standby when it’s HDMI ARC input senses and audio input signal ?

bk

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
  4. Milky

Milky Active Member

Only has trigger out, no trigger in. You can get 3rd party devices to add trigger. No idea about the firmware. If it's like the a6, it just sleeps and doesn't really shut down. So you might not need a trigger. I didn't try it with an external source, so I don't know for sure.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2023
  5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The A8 supports WOL so Power On via HDMI could be supported too?

6. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

If the HDMI was CEC , it would power on/off when it gets an audio signal from the HDMI input - like any modern-day AVR ….

If no CEC , it will be necessary to manually turn on the A8 , and then disable the tv’s built in speakers via the tv’s menu every time you want to use the A8 for TV - not very user friendly ….

the only other option would be to leave the A8 always fully powered up , but then you’d still have to disable the tv’s internal speakers each time you turned on the tv ….
    If the HDMI input automatically disables the tv’s internal speakers -like an AVR does , that would tell me it only has a partial implementation of CEC ….

Milky - lemme ask you this ….
    Will Tidal Connect wake it up from standby ?
    Or any other external input , for that matter ?

7. Milky

Milky Active Member

I want to say it did. I only had it for a week then saw the A8 was coming out and sold it. So I don't know for sure.

8. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

Thank you …

9. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

I don’t have to continually return to the TV menu, just connect the TV to the A-8 via optical.
    Keith

10. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

why use optical when the A8 has hdmi arc ?

Bk

11. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

Whichever is most suitable/convenient.
    Keith

12. nhtdm

nhtdm Member

Can I use TV screen to see the A-8 instead of on smart phone when connect HDMI ARC?

13. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

No.

Bk

14. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Use the TV’s cast function to display yout phone screen on the TV. If you want to see the screen of the A8 tap Cast on the Eversolo Control app.

nhtdm likes this.
  15. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

Only if your tv has the ability to cast your phone to the tv .

bk

16. ammar11

Quite obvious when I say the TV’s cast function, Never thought I have to explain that people are smart.

17. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

According to what I read here, you may reconsider your assumptions... basically - and unfortunately - most of the times they are not...

18. ammar11

I want to assume the best in people, if not they can take an effort to find out for themselves because I also don’t like to spoonfeed, makes people lazy. They have to be grateful that someone is trying to help. This is generally speaking though, I believe the OP understands my suggestion.

19. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

The OP?

That would have been me … a month ago - well before my A8 arrived.
    Hopefully your comments weren’t directed towards me - I presume they were directed at the poster asking about casting his phone to his tv . That poster was asking if his A8 would output it’s screen to his TV via the HDMI ARC input.

Now that I’ve had it for a week or so , and have had time to play with it , I’m getting an understanding of its “nuances” … and if I can help anyone with questions , i’m more than happy - I wish more people could have answered MY questions early on.

curious ammar, and nutel - do y’all have an A8 ? - because it seems to be a different “animal” from the A6 …..If so , I’m sure your experience with it could yield some valuable insight - and if you don’t want to “spoon feed” anyone who may not be “grateful” enough , I would humbly suggest you just don’t answer them - maybe someone else will .

happy holidays !

bk

Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
    Marko Saje likes this.
  20. ammar11

I was just trying to help. Thanks.

Nutul likes this.