Dmp A8 HDMI ARC input

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by BillyVegas, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

What does happen if you set the port to be eARC instead of plain ARC?
    Maybe it appears to be limited because it is set to ARC instead of eARC...

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  2. benma

benma Member

It doesn't help

3. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Do you have EQ / DSP ON?

If so, that might be the answer. (You can set EQ / DSP for each input).

4. benma

benma Member

No

5. Bergholdt

OK.

I tried connecting my LG OLED CX to the A8 and playing a track (24bit / 96khz) via a usb stick connected to the TV.

I too get only 48khz.

Of course it could be the TV that downsamples the signal (or a limitation of the usb port on the TV) or it could just be that (like many others) Eversolo have chosen not to implement all the available ‘standards’ of e-ARC.

It is not ONE standard but MANY. Even LG don’t use the full 48mbit but choose to go with only 40mbit for some TVs.

It’s not pretty. But ‘standards’ are not always ‘standards’.

IMG_0301.jpeg

6. Bergholdt

The ethernet port of my TV is only 10/100mbit (not the ‘normal’ 1000 gigabit).

Companies are ‘crazy’ but it’s all about money, I guess.

If you implement one standard, you have to make sure that every part of ‘the box’ can handle this.

Handling more data means adding a faster CPU which makes ‘the box’ more expensive.

Not that this is neccesarily relevant to the A8 since it will handle higher bit rates but maybe they need something more expensive behind the e-ARC port to handle higher bit rates? ‘Hardware’ related to HDMI before it’s sent to the DACs of the A8? Or ‘licensing’ is priced depending on implementation?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  7. benma

benma Member

Use the TV's optical out connection instead of HDMI ARC. Do you get 96kHz on your A8 over its optical input?

8. benma

benma Member

Screenshot_20240130_132005_EverSolo Controller3.jpg

It's a misleading information (in my case). I can get 48kHz only.

9. Bergholdt

Even optical out of TV into optical 1 of A8 only gives me 48khz. When I play the same track from my internal SSD it is 24bit/96khz.

It might be the TV or maybe the A8 is showing the wrong data. Hard to be sure.

IMG_0302.jpeg

10. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

Have you checked the specs of the TVs audio ‘out’.
    Keith

11. Bergholdt

TV specs are not easy to come by but I’m pretty sure it can output more than 48khz PCM.

This is all I could find for my model: (it doesn’t say anything about if it is input or output).

IMG_0308.jpeg IMG_0309.jpeg