Dmp A8 HDMI ARC input

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by BillyVegas, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Marko Saje

Marko Saje New Member

Hi.
    Getting familiar with dmp-a8 model. So far I haven't been able to use the WOL function, which I would like to very much - the machine is connected via LAN straight from the wall, the app seems to work fine with LAN connection. I also tried using another phone (Android and Apple), no difference - WOL doesn't work.
    I use additional router (Asus) in addition to basic modem for better WIFI coverage - could that be the cause?

I appreciate for any ideas or experience.
    Happy new year,
    Marko

2. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

try connecting the A8 to the ASUS router via Ethernet cable - I presume your phone is connected to the Asus’s wifi network ? Unless your basic modem and ASUS are using the same network name and wifi name they will be on different networks.
    If that doesn’t work , try rebooting both routers and the A8.

bk

3. Marko Saje

Marko Saje New Member

I did and it solved the problem :)
    Thank you for your fast and helpful reply.

Best,
    Marko

4. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

I have a problem using hdmi arc from my Samsung tv
    When I switch source on the tv, sometimes I only get a loud noise.
    for example when I switch to Netflix it can happen, only loud noise.

anyone has this problem or knows what I can do about it?

5. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Let's see if I understood it correctly:

Samsung TV (playing whatever) ARC out => Eversolo ARC in --- sound OK
    Samsung TV (switch to Netflix) ARC out => Ecersolo ARC in --- sound harsh / loud noise

Is this correct?
    When it happens, try to switch to another input on the Eversolo (no matter which one, you could chose OPTICAL), and then revert back to ARC input, without touching anything on the TV, and see if the sound adjusts.

6. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

Thanks for replying Nutul!
    you understood correctly. I tried your recipe but is does not work. Every time I switch back to Netflix there is a horrible distorted noise.
    Not only Netflix, also my tv gives loud noise. But the strange thing is: when I change back to YouTube the sound is fine again……

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It looks to me that the volume on your TV is way too high, and YT maybe just very low so it doesn't clip/overload the Eversolo input...
    Or
    you are not using a proper ARC out.

8. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

Yes it sounds like clipping, but when I turn down volume with my tv remote or the Eversolo remote the clipping sound volume goes down but is remains a clipping sound.

Is it possible to lower the hdmi output voltage or base volume from the tv?

the hdmi arc cable seems to work fine and turning off ARC does not help.

now tried a movie on YouTube and here also this clipping noise. How strange! You can not alter the hdmi handshake from tv-Eversolo.

and, I love this Eversolo dmp a-8, even better than the dmp a-6 master edition which I had before. But I don’t like the ticks through the speakers when I change the input source. Do you also have this?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
  9. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

It depends on your TV

Sorry, I cannot understand this...

10. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

You can choose ‘ARC’ or EARC’ in the settings

I now chose the EARC setting and PCM setting in the Samsung menu, probleem seems solved…..:)

11. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

a-ha... that's not the same as TURNING OFF ARC... good for you this solves the issue.

12. MomaxMoma

MomaxMoma New Member

Maybe I missed some steps but I didn't understand whether A8 is activated automatically when we turn on the TV connected via HDMI or not. Thanks!

13. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

No . Neither the Tv or the A8 will turn each other on or off .
    The A8’s HDMI input is NOT CEC compliant…. It would be nice if it could be made compliant via a firmware update , but I don’t know if it’s a hardware limitation or not.

bk

Anøtek likes this.
  14. MomaxMoma

MomaxMoma New Member

Thank you! I had looked in the user manual and everywhere on the web but at the moment your answer is the only reliable source that explains how the A8 works.

15. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

The only thing the A8 will control via the HDMI is the TV volume …
    Since it’s not CEC compliant , it won’t even switch its input automatically to HDMI input , from internal player for example , when you turn on the TV.

most AVR’s , btw , are HDMI CEC compliant.

BK

16. MomaxMoma

MomaxMoma New Member

yes, it's a real shame that on a device so rich in functions they overlooked a small detail that would certainly have made it simpler and more complete.

Anøtek likes this.
  17. JoseDLC

JoseDLC New Member

Hello, I have a question that maybe someone can solve for me, my ARC port on the TV is broken, and my intention is to use the double output of my AV Receiver to enter the Eversolo, is it possible? that is, one output to the TV and the other to eversolo. Thank you

18. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

Give it a try …dunno why it wouldn’t work if you use the receiver’s ARC connection to the Eversolo.
    Why not just go optical from the tv to the Eversolo ?

Bk

19. benma

benma Member

I had the same "problem". You have to set a sound setting in your TV:

Settings-> Advanced-> Digital output form-> Stereo(uncompressed).
    Your current setting is "Multichannel (direct)". It works on Youtube, but it doesn't work on Netflix.

20. benma

benma Member

I have a question regarding HDMI (ARC) implementation on A8. I'm using my Playstation 3 for watching bluray discs. I have some concert discs in stereo PCM 96kHz format. Over A8's HDMI input I can get only 48kHz format. If I want to listen 96kHz format on my stereo system, I have to use TV's optical output connected to the optical input on my A8. My PS3 is connected to the TV over its HDMI output.
    I have a logical question: why there is an option ARC/eARC in A8's app settings if HDMI (ARC) input on A8 is limited to 48kHz only. Before buying A8 I thought I will get rid of the optical connection between my TV and my stereo system, but now I have to have two cables instead of one. Is HDMI (ARC) connection on A8 only a Eversolo's marketing gig and not very useful for users?