Bizarre Issue: Missing Movie in Second Player

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by by96, Dec 6, 2023.

1. by96

by96 Member

This is complicated, so I apologize for the details, but I want to offer up all the relevant information so someone might be able to help.

I have been running a UHD5000 with an internal HDD containing 284 movies in my living room. Everything has been perfect. Yesterday, I added a Z9X Pro to my master bedroom. On the 5000, I created NFO files in the movie folders. When I added the Z9X Pro, I had it scan the 5000's internal HDD giving priority to the NFO files as I saw a prior post by @Markswift2003 suggested for running two players.

For the most part, everything worked well. My custom collections (e.g., MCU) had to be re-added in the second player, but mostly, everything worked fine.

However, of the 284 movies contained on the HDD, the Z9X Pro refuses to see ONE movie. The movie shows up in the 5000 without issue, but the Z9X Pro cannot see it, both in Home Theater app AND the file manager. The folder for the movie does not show up in either. But again, the folder shows up in the 5000's Home Theater and file manager, as well as on my computer (through SMB).

The movie is Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. The other four pirate movies show up just fine on the Z9X Pro and the naming structure of On Stranger Tides is exactly like the other four.

Again, I cannot see the folder at all in the Z9X Pro, but if I rename the folder slightly different, like adding an "a" in front of Pirates, the Z9X Pro will see the folder but still won't scrape the movie inside.

Both players are running the beta .65 firmware, though when I first encountered the issue, the Z9X Pro was on the firmware it came with. I later updated it to .65 but the player still will not see this one movie in either Home Theater or file manager.

I am stumped. Missing the one movie is not the end of the world, but this issue just doesn't make any sense to me. Thanks for any help!

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

It's got to be an issue in the NFO file for that movie - can you post a copy of it?

3. by96

by96 Member

@Markswift2003 - Thanks for your response. I am trying to upload the NFO file to this thread, but an error message comes up that the file extension is not allowed. How do I post it? Thanks!

4. Markswift2003

Change the file from .nfo to .txt

5. by96

by96 Member

Thanks! Here you go.

Attached Files:

6. Markswift2003

Yeah, odd...

Other than the fact that the basepath won't make sense to the Z9X because it's a local path to the 5000, I can't see anything wrong there.

But the path shouldn't really matter because you're scanning that directory anyway, and obviously the others work fine.

Code:
    <path>/storage/CA9807DA9807C443/MOVIES/Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides/Pirates Of The Caribbean On Stranger Tides (2011).mkv</path>
    <filenameandpath>/storage/CA9807DA9807C443/MOVIES/Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides/Pirates Of The Caribbean On Stranger Tides (2011).nfo</filenameandpath>
    <basepath>/storage/CA9807DA9807C443/MOVIES/Pirates of the Caribbean On Stranger Tides/Pirates Of The Caribbean On Stranger Tides (2011).mkv</basepath>

On the Z9X if you look into the details page for any of the other Pirates movies, do you see two versions, A & B?

Can you post an NFO for one of the Pirates movies that works to compare?

7. by96

by96 Member

Here are two more that are working on both the 5000 and the Z9X Pro. Thanks again for your help!!

Attached Files:

8. Markswift2003

On the Z9X if you look into the details page for any of the other Pirates movies, do you see two versions, A & B?

9. Markswift2003

I can't see any discrepancies between the NFO files that work and the one that doesn't - obviously different movies with different details, but there's nothing fundamentally different between the two.

10. by96

by96 Member

I looked on the details page for the other four movies, and while I am not entirely sure where in the data to look, I did not see anything about A & B.

11. by96

by96 Member

Would it make any difference if I deleted the NFO file for the one movie and had the it rebuilt? Or try to scan for the movie on the Z9X Pro without the NFO file present?

12. Markswift2003

If two movies are allocated to one poster you get a little grey box for each as below. If the versions are not named, the boxes are just labelled A and B in them:

upload_2023-12-7_16-18-16.png

Yes, that was going to be my next suggestion.

13. by96

by96 Member

Thanks.

Would it better to have the Z9X Pro do the scraping of the movie this time? Or continue with the 5000 as before?

14. Markswift2003

There are quite a few ways of doing it.

First off I'd try recreating the NFO just in case I missed something:

1. Delete the offending NFO

2. Export NFOs from the 5000 but make sure you untick the overwrite box!!

3. Update the Z9X Pro

If the Z9X Pro still doesn't find it, that suggests that it's in there somewhere, just not where you expect. But I've no idea how that can happen with NFOs.

15. Markswift2003

Tell you what you could do - take a backup and post that - rename it from .ztb to .zip

That has the database file in it and I can see if the movie is in there.

It won't reveal any private information, external IP addresses etc but it will show all your content - if you want to PM me you can do that instead of posting on the forum.

16. by96

by96 Member

Here is the backup from the Z9X Pro.

Attached Files:

17. by96

by96 Member

I did the above and the Z9X Pro still isn't finding the movie. I also attached the backup file above BEFORE I deleted the NFO and reran the scraping on the 5000.

18. Markswift2003

There's something odd in the database - the movie has 5 entries:

upload_2023-12-7_22-41-40.png

And 4 different video locations but none are allocated to a source:

upload_2023-12-7_22-45-57.png

Not entirely sure how that would happen - the only explanation I can think of is that it got deleted from sources using "Remove from Posterwall" and I assume you didn't do that.

First thing to try is rename the file from:

Pirates Of The Caribbean On Stranger Tides (2011).mkv

to

Pirates Of The Caribbean On Stranger Tides.mkv

so it's the same as the directory it's in (always good practice)

But you MUST rename any associated art and NFO to match FIRST otherwise they won't be paired with the mkv on scraping.

If that doesn't work, clear the library (HT4 Settings/Library/Clear Data > CLear) and rescrape from scratch.

To be honest, somehow, somethings got buggered up in the database, so a clear down would be a good idea anyway.

19. by96

by96 Member

Thanks so much for your help!! I am away for work so won't be able to try anything until tomorrow afternoon.

However, I am curious. If I do the "Clear Data" thing, will I lose my custom collections, custom categories, etc.? I really don't want to start those over. Also, would I only need to do the Clear Data on the Z9X Pro, or on the 5000 too?

Thanks again!

20. Markswift2003

As long as the custom collections are exported in the NFOs then you should be good.

To check, open one of the NFO files in a custom collection and check the <set>..</set> entry.

I don't think custom categories are stored in the NFOs - I don't use them so have never checked, but I can't think what schema would be used so I assume they're just stored in the database, so they'd disappear.

You'd only need to do it on the Z9X Pro.

Clear Data resets HT4 to factory settings - I can do a full reset and restore from NFOs in about 4 minutes including custom widgets, poster size and all preferences etc ;)

Last edited: Dec 8, 2023