Beta version v6.3.75 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

I have some weired display of embedded subtitles when playing in native player even the subtile setting is off in the menu of the media player, displayed randomly, they are marked as forced in the mkv file.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Assuming you mean the Zidoo player (native player is for streaming content) - have you checked Forced Subtitle settings in Quick Settings\Display?

upload_2022-2-1_8-40-49.png

3. Armin Moesslacher

Armin Moesslacher Active Member

will do but normally I have them on off ;-) Thx Markswift2003

4. Markswift2003

Funnily enough these are called "Sparklies" (The name derives from an old artifact found on misaligned analogue satellite TV reception) and are caused by degradation of the HDMI signal usually associated with long HDMI runs attempted at high bandwidth.

Saberus, Letmein and xskip like this.
  5. Saberus

Saberus New Member

Oh, we'll I had to buy a hdmi switch box because of my new audio system having only one hdmi port, and I upgraded all my hdmi cables to 8k, so what I'm understanding is between one cable going to switch then to audio system, then out to the TV, to much distance for signal to travel, so at times, this will cause sparkles.
    thank you. :)

6. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Maybe you have enabled passthrough mode in the audio settings.
    If so, the volume can't be changed.
    Disable it and the volume control will work.

7. Markswift2003

Only for PCM decoded audio.

There is no volume control or mute for bitstreamed audio.

(Mute still works for PCM even in Volume Direct mode)

8. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Thanks for the clarification :oops:

9. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

No, I must have misunderstood. Not the volume, namely the speaker icon on the remote control, which, when pressed, should turn off the sound, but this does not happen.

10. Markswift2003

As I said above, that only works for PCM tracks, presumably you are playing Dolby or DTS tracks and those are bitstreams, not decoded by the player and therefore cannot be muted or change volume in the player.

11. cVVGLabs

cVVGLabs Active Member

Thank you. Didn't notice your message right away.

12. Markswift2003

No problem :)

13. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

That's what the switch at the back is for...... you don't need to pull any plugs.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

figure of speach meaning actual power off rather than remote off button

:p

15. z1rconium

z1rconium New Member

Would be nice to have an option to adjust the size of PGS subs, they always take up 15% of the screen.

16. Markswift2003

PGS subs are images not text, so size, placement and colour is dependent on the images encoded into the program stream.

darkeyes909 likes this.
  17. z1rconium

z1rconium New Member

I am aware that they are images, i thougth that that issue would have been solved by now with some filter that can scale it down and map the canvas back to the original size, but google tells me that that indeed is still not easily possible ;)

18. Markswift2003

PGS sizing (and positioning) is problematic because the size of images varies and their position is defined as an offset. There's no one size fits all solution once you start messing with them - some are full screen so positioning can be relative to whomever's speaking, some are just the size of a text box.

To be honest I doubt the SOC would support resizing the subs since it doesn't support resize for the main program stream either.

19. z1rconium

z1rconium New Member

Ah I thought they were overlayed fullscreen images, but they are not, that explains, thanks a lot.

20. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

I recently started using the samba server in an automated process to move files from a NAS to an external hard drive on the Z9X. While I can establish access to the share, it frequently becomes unavailable, thus breaking the move process. I have to remove and then remap the share, sometimes taking multiple attempts to re-establish connection.

I have tried it with a password, without a password, changed the name of the share and password on the Zidoo all without improving stability. If the inbuilt samaba server is not known to be stable, are there alternatives than can be installed?