Beta version v6.3.50 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Nov 5, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The only frame rate issue I'm aware of is when the Menu of a full BD rip is different to the main movie, but MKV, MP4 etc have no frame rate problems I've seen in any HDR mode.

Can you be a bit more specific?

2. Blue Stinger

Blue Stinger Member

DV BT.709 RGB 8Bit and DV BT.2020 RGB 8 Bit are both permitted. With BT.2020 Dolby Vision have the potential too look better --> extended color range.

3. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

that's incorrect, TV-LED without a BT2020 flag is NOT Bt709. TV-LED tunneling is just raw DV in an ICtCp RGB 8bit container (no rec709 nor rec2020).
    The TV receives the signal and tonemap it. In the end, the picture is BT2020 YUV 420

susanstone2021 likes this.
  4. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

I just re-encode MP4 to MKV using MKVMerge and now the framerate is correct. Not sure why is that...but it works.

5. Markswift2003

Guessing something to do with the file - I've never seen an issue with frame rates for MP4 or any other file type for that matter.

6. Roger Ottosson

Roger Ottosson New Member

Hi guys
    is there an possibility that they will make netflix and hbo max fully watchable in 4k and stuff ?
    Great work otherwise on everything Thanks

7. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

I've checked the MP4 version using the MediaInfo and it stated the framerate as 23.976Hz. But playback in MP4 container, the framerate is 60Hz. Once I convert it to MKV, the framerate remains the same but my Zidoo UHD3000 playback the framerate correctly this time. I have tried a few MP4 container with HDR10 and DV encoded movies and confirm this anomaly.

8. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

In fact a Zidoo can run any Streaming Services perfect in a technical sense. Companies like Zidoo lack the big multinational status plus their relations and many video streaming providers limit Audio-features/Picture-Quality for them on purpose (a kind of unspoken boycott). If you like to complain address them individually.

So they all run but the biggies like Netflix, HBO, Disney+ and BBCplayer will lack some of the high end goodies. This actually may vary over time with each of them. Having a Powered by Android TV myself no problem for me as I can use my TV directly as an alternative to bypass this foul play.
    YES for full support you may also get an NVidia Shield or Apple-TV as elephants do it with elephants here clearly.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  9. Markswift2003

MediaInfo calculates the value "FrameRate" from the stream by dividing a given time (calculated from timecode) and the number of frames within that time - it then picks the nearest "standard" value to display.

There are other pointers to the framerate - one of which is "Original Frame Rate" which causes much confusion and another value in the header called "Default Duration" which is the number of nanoseconds per frame.

Often frame rate problems arise when these values don't agree.

If you can send me an example, or a clip from one of these MP4s I'd be interested to see what's wrong with it.

10. maxhim

maxhim Active Member

Interesting, but e.g. the Mecool KM2 TV Box has an official Netflix license (and the Google certificate too). What makes it a bigger name than Zidoo? I don't understand, Zidoo why you do not get (buy) a Netflix license? Technically everything is given.

11. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

TV-LED is still the "best" setting, do I remember this right?

12. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

yep, TV-LED is the way to go because there's a bug in player-led (lldv) for all the devices. The problem is that some of the L2 metadata is ignored.

Franconian likes this.
  13. Markswift2003

Which Level 2 Metadata do you think is ignored in Player Led?

14. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

I don't know which one exactly and maybe it's ignoring all of them but when you strip out the L2 metadata in the Spears and Munsil clip, it looks exactly like in Vincent (HDTV test) video.
    Quietvoid and I discussed about it here:
    https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111447#p111447

15. Markswift2003

Hmm - it's all a bit conspiracy theorist for me I'm afraid.

The best way to test is not to remove anything from previously encoded content but to create a clip with obvious Level 2 adjustments of lift, gain, saturation etc and see what happens when it plays out in Player Led - I'd be really surprised if it didn't work.

16. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

conspiracy theorist LOL

generate DV metadata and compare for yourself. You will see it, guaranteed.

17. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Please some attention for these 3 very annoying MP basic playback problems. Should be easy to fix?
    Split #25 in a new #25 and #26. In fact they are 2 different strongly related problems.

I don't recall #26 being there in the past? It is now there for multiple FW releases for sure. The problems with playing specific DTS-CD formats were all solved but in fact this is a much higher priority problem as it affects all of them.

23. UHD3000/Neo X play 2.0 PCM 96/24 or DD True HD in slow-speed via DAC when e.g. a Music BD is played.
    Does not happen with HDMI output and neither playing the DTS MA HD tracks. MP6 plays PCM 96/24 and other 24-bit PCM formats correctly.

25. MCH Music albums play with gaps between tracks.
    Signaled this problem with DTS-CD but occurs with all MCH output via HDMI. Using the Internal DAC downmixing to Stereo gapless works.

26. Single track album WAV with a CUE sheet included will result in gaps between tracks. This happens processing that CUE sheet. as a side-effect.
    To make matters worse the gaps are inserted several seconds late after playback of the new track already started. Removing the CUE sheet results in normal playback but obviously missing the playlist then. To bypass #25 one typically converts an album to a single track with a CUE sheet but here this makes playback in fact even a lot worse.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2021
  18. I am curious why this flag will affect picture accuracy? Shouldn't TV ignore this flag if it knows the signal is TV-LED tunneling?

19. Stratos_K

Stratos_K Member

Something that I have noticed...I don't know if it is only with the latest of firmware or it was from before.....although in the settings I have chosen external subtitles when I playback a movie most of the times it will select some random internal subtitle instead and I have to go from the movie menu and choose the external one

I am using srt external subtitles. Can anyone else confirm this?

20. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Whether it should or whether it shouldn’t it has been proven with this device and others via the use of a vertex that the flag can incorrectly change the color space, most noticeable is the red primary and yellow secondary - blue is almost the same regardless of colour space and nothing currently gets close to rec2020 green so it is a hard clip.