Beta version v6.3.40 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Sep 13, 2021.

1. samana

samana New Member

Does anyone else listen to a hum from the tv when a video/movie is paused? this happens on all of my videos and past firmwares.

2. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

dont notice it on mine at all

might be how systems set up ?

ie z9x to reciever to tv or z9x to tv earc to reciever/soundbar

you could eliminate things by trying z9x direct to tv see if its on paused with TV speakers ,then try same with earc to amp

sounds like something that will need a bit of swapping gear around to isolate

3. samana

samana New Member

Zidoo to philips hdmi sync box, philips hdmi sync box to tv.

4. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

Honestly, I too would like the screensaver to be activated when I pause a movie .....

hranija, mytich and rozel like this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Never had this, but maybe try setting Audio from "Auto" to "Raw" or vice versa?

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Tried DTS-CD once more. The problem with some not playing correctly seems to be solved. The introduced not playing gapless Single Track WAV + CUE sheet or Multi Track WAV problem is NOT solved.

7. papirus

papirus Member

Hello there ,

Home Theater has icon issues with banners in the latest release.

The first problem is:

It shows a 4K movie in my archive as 4K UltraHD at first on the poster.

Example : First banner

upload_2021-9-27_13-19-15.png

Incorrect poster with HDR icon, later in the same movie

upload_2021-9-27_13-49-26.png

upload_2021-9-27_13-19-55.png

In other words, it puts the correct icon on the poster of a non-HDR movie at first, but when the movie is played, it adds an HDR icon.

The second problem is; it also shows some 4K movies unrelatedly with the 1080p icon.

Does the company know about these problems or does anyone have an idea?

8. Markswift2003

Nice catch!

The resolution bug has been around for a while - of the horizontal resolution is less than 3840 even vy a few pixels, it is flagged to the lower resolution, 1080.

But I wasn't aware of the SDR being flagged as HDR after playback - will report.

9. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I have a couple of 4K SDR movies and I can't reproduce the issue: no HDR label after watching them for few minutes. Do you have to watch the whole movie to get this?

10. Markswift2003

No - just past the "Start bookmark time" in Settings/Playback/Bookmarks

What firmware version are you using?

11. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

The Last one, v.6.3.40 (Z10 pro).

12. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

Better share HT 4.0 version are already a lot of version without clear changelog.
    Probably most of them small fix:
    HT 4.1.15 Z9s FW v6.3.40
    HT 4.1.17 Z10 Pro FW v6.3.40
    HT 4.1.19 Z9s FW v6.3.41
    HT 4.1.15/HT 4.1.21 transifex
    and who know event newest for some others users.

13. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

You are right, I use the 4.1.21 one for my translations. I will try the « official version » coming with my firmware when coming back from my job.

14. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Also when horizontal resolution is a few pixels less than 1080 pixels it ís flagged as 720.

15. Markswift2003

Just tried v4.1.21 and the HDR10 badge issue is present in that version too.

You have to either play past the Book Mark start time or skip forward past it.

16. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I will check again when back at home (I also have the episodes of stranger things season 1 in 4K SDR). I tried with Bright (from netflix) for 5 minutes and nothing. Same with another movie.

17. Markswift2003

I have a couple of James Bond movies in 4K SDR and of course "Color out of Space" which bizarrely is the only SDR UHD BluRay I know, and all showed the HDR10 badge after playback.

18. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Ok, I have just tried my remux of the season 1 of Stranger Things (in 4k SDR on the blu-ray UHD) and I can see the issue with this one.

About movies in 4K SDR, you also have Possession (1981), Hotel Artemis (2018), Dog Soldiers (2002) and some I don't remember.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
  19. Markswift2003

I have Hotel Artemis UHD BluRay and it's HDR - don't have the other two, but Color out of Space is the only production UHD BluRay I've seen so far that isn't HDR.

20. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

The US release is SDR for Hotel Artemis... :(

Is it a UK edition?