Beta version v6.3.30 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000 released

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Aug 11, 2021.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Noticing my tv series Auto Trailers working now :)

2. Cezary

Cezary Member

Do you mean 1080i 25 fps or progessive 25fps? Local media or over SMB/NFS?

EDIT: For me 1080i 25fps, 576i 25fps interlaced and any progressive 25fps play smoothly.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Morning Mark - I wasn't arguing at all but my elementary thinking is this: How can a release, having an Aspect Ratio of anything other than 16:9 be able to be shown on a screen without a: black bars top and bottom b: without parts of the image left and right be chopped off ?? Unless the TV is "zooming" in or out.

I confess I am always learning and don't really understand the difference between resolutions quoted in Hz and those in Pixels - the "info" for example which can now be brought up using the remote's button is confusing me. You may recall when I was watching Gemini Man, a 60 fps release, Output was quoted in Hz. Looked absolutely brilliant but not sure I understand what all the statistics and infos meant.

In trying to draw you into this discussion, I was hoping you could enlighten us (or at least me!) so that I can understand more - any chance of a quick tutorial? :confused:

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Morning!

Yes, you're absolutely right, but I don't think anyone else was saying any differently.

The two things are different:

Hz is a measure of frequency (cycles per second) and in this context equates to frame rates (frames per second), so Hz and fps are interchangeable. By convention, with non integer frame rates (eg 23.976 which is actually 24000/1001) this can either be written to 3 decimal places or as an integer approximation. If a measured value is required, obviously it would be written to a number of decimal places.

Resolution is a measure of the number of pixels on screen, either as an absolute number (eg. 4K or 4000 pixels, which is an approximation) or by horizontal and vertical resolution, or numbers of pixels (eg. 3820 x 2160 pixels) which is accurate.

rozel likes this.
  5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I appreciate your information, thank you. But it doesn't explain the non-appearance of black bars unless the release has the same aspect ratio as the TV or is zoomed in, does it? :confused:

6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you give an example?

7. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

The OP was saying he does a lot of home movies which are 16:9 so are full screen. The new small info bar will appear over the top of the picture and be hard to see with a white background

The Netflix app on my TV has a similar optional info display at the top left. If I press the info button it shows information in white but subtly shades the top left background slightly so it still stands out against a white background. See screen shots. Maybe the Zidoo team could develop something similar?

Attached Files:

Cezary likes this.
  8. Enet

Enet Active Member

So the information is on a kind of a semi transparent layer which you can only see when it is placed on top of something else.

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

The info text is white but displayed over a slightly darkened transparent layer behind so the white text is visible even if the 16x9 background is pure white.

10. Cezary

Cezary Member

Guys, @mirror , something like this would be great :)

Example.jpg

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    tugar, blenky and xskip like this.
  11. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

nomnonomnom...not sure if it was the factory reset icw this firmware, but the SMB issues seems to be gone :) Thxs!

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Ahh right - my apologies to the OP. I misread the post a bit, I think! Thanks for explaining :)

Cezary likes this.
  13. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

Hello, thank you for this update. There are still some issues like with the trailers. Before, I had them in French now they are in original version. Also, when I zap to the next trailer, I have the image of the new trailer but the sound of the old one.

Regarding TVDB, there is still the problem of scrap (Special season). It is also based on English while French exists.

Thx !

14. singuser

singuser New Member

Is this confirmed? 3D ISO playback is broken?

15. Enet

Enet Active Member

No. I tried 3 different 3d ISOs, they play fine for me and it looks like the BD Menu handling has improved since the last firmware update.

16. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Just downloading this version as we speak, will install later tonight. But before that I wanted to double check, has this version got issues with NFS, I have always used NFS to access my movies on my Synology NAS from my Zidoo and cannot be bothered to switch to SMB if NFS has been screwed up somehow on this version.

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

No issues using NFS here

18. Enet

Enet Active Member

No issues with NFS for me either.

19. beefjazz

beefjazz New Member

can someone please check whether 3D ISO is triggering 3D format, either from 'Play Video" or BD menu?

thanks

20. Enet

Enet Active Member

I already did and I replied to you.