Beta version v6.1.10 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

So you say the projector's HDR performance is good, so as long as the resync time is ok, I'd definitely stick with Auto so everything is output in its correct native format.

The exception to this is DV which will be output in VS10 HDR but that's best avoided since the black floor issues come into play then.

Miguel Ramos likes this.
  2. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Thanks a lot for your tips! :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  3. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

great development, but they should really concentrate on the SMB and NFS part. Solve that issue, this might save you a lot of returns.

Osmar likes this.
  4. robertd

robertd New Member

There were no VS10 options available at all. Very weird indeed. It must have been a hdmi/zidoo hiccup of some sort. Anyway, I loaded your LLDV P3 EDID and got LLDV back straight away. I uttered several wtf's and called it a day.

It's really a shame about the black level issues. I intend to use the hdmi range change as a workaround for testing. At this point in the VS10 engine's release, I think the fix is gonna have to come as a Dolby SDK or some such. I won't be holding my breath. :D I'll see what the SDR Rec.2020 Limited option has to offer too.

Excellent, I'll give those EDIDs a whirl. Hdmi 2.1 you say! I feel like more wtf's are on the way. :)

Not to come across as an ungrateful pest or anything, but the mega link for the DCI-P3 one gives me the Rec.709 one as a download. Both are the same link.

I would like to thank you very much for your time and effort. Above and beyond!

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

So no VS10 options at all is completely mad!! I've literally no idea how that would happen! Can you send me a copy of the EDID that caused that? Or is it a built in Integral one?

And yes, given the Dune has the same black level issue, you could very well be right.

Oops Sorry about that link :)

https://mega.nz/file/sCAw2RJC#sRGd1DFyyRljxTW0pIo0Q4iaApYQeFbtBVX83R9RNaY

6. robertd

robertd New Member

Got the P3 one this time. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I don't know what EDID caused it. I was uploading them from the HDfury EDID collection found here:

https://www.hdfury.com/product/dr-hdmi-4k/

I'm guessing you already have that though. I was combing through it, supposedly sticking to 4K non-HDR ones. I could have easily chosen a wrong one by mistake too. There are quite a few in there. (Good old user error. Never count that out. :)) Each one that didn't work, I just dumped in a separate folder on my laptop, to try and somewhat keep track. When I stopped messing with it, I just deleted the folder.

I bought the Integral 2 used off ebay. It could be messed up somehow too. There's also a chance I could have used a homebrew EDID from the previous owner unknowingly. There would be no way to get that either because I already did a couple of factory resets (and counting) on that thing. I fear this could remain a mystery. If I happen to come across it again, I'll definitely make note and let you know.

7. Thanos

Thanos Member

Hi everyone

Which version should I use (which is newer) 6.1.10 or 6.1.15 please ?
    (Zidoo Z9X)

Thank you.

8. rola

rola Member

6.1.15 is the latest