Beta version v6.1.10 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Mar 17, 2021.

1. jwort93

jwort93 Member

What are the new VS10 modes? I’m hoping for a VS10 Auto option where it outputs all videos in their native formats, but uses VS10 for processing (assuming they can get the black level issues fixed too).

2. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I was counting on something more in the new firmware

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yes - the EDID option allows you to load an EDID (or use my BT.2020 LLDV one - the first option) to allow the Zidoo to spit out LLDV to a non LLDV TV without an HDFury device.

At the moment this is missing an HDR message from the Zidoo to tell the TV to switch to HDR mode (which is required) but I've just sent a message so hopefully this will be sorted quickly.

Once we get this feature stable I'll post some EDIDs for different setups - eg, LLDV + HDR10+ or DCI-P3 LLDV etc.

Blue Stinger and skelton like this.
  4. Markswift2003

Yes - I think they applied these modes because Dune did the same, but in my opinion it just confuses the issue, especially since the black levels are still all wrong in VS10 SDR and HDR.

I agree - a VS10 native mode would be much better but it needs the black issue addressing first.

5. Markswift2003

Sit tight. Good things are coming.

DELUCAS, fsim2000 and sojer2005 like this.
  6. Markswift2003

You need another TV just to show all the bloody modes!!

7. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

8. afss

afss Active Member

Wow, this is fantastic news ! we would no longer need an HDFURY device in the chain (it causes several delays an resynchs on my side) !

9. Markswift2003

On the basis that your TV does pretty much everything, I'd say leave it on <Auto> and watch everything in its native format.

xskip likes this.
  10. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

I also have CX and set VS10 engine for SDR. I like the picture, I understand that there are still problems with this mode ... black level? @Markswift2003

11. Markswift2003

Not if your TV is DV - the black level issues are with VS10 SDR and HDR - ie when VS10 outputs SDR and HDR (with an SDR or an HDR only TV).

12. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

Oh, I see. Thanks for clarification. LG OLEDs are definitely DV capable displays so no wonder I cannot see this "black levels" mismatch...

Markswift2003 likes this.
  13. sojer2005

sojer2005 Member

And oh boy, this VS10 engine is doing something amazing with SDR content ;)

Makes me wonder what "good things" are they cooking for the next firmware? ;)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2021
  14. robertd

robertd New Member

If possible, I would like to request 4K SDR 2020 and 4K SDR P3. I already have an Integral 2 and for the life of me I can't find any that will work to get those modes on my JVC projector. I want to see how the VS10 engine handles those modes. It does wonders in 1080p SDR REC709 on my old Epson.

I do have DCI-P3 LLDV working already and it looks great in HDR, but I'm finding 1080p SDR (through LLDV) a little overblown in the whites on the bright end. So 4K SDR DCI-P3 through VS10 might be a better compromise for me. That is assuming the VS10 engine will actually process 4K SDR P3 at all. There will likely be the black levels issue to deal with though, but a switch to 0-255 should solve that. That's what I had to do on my Epson.

I'd like to note that I'm also using a HTPC with madVR set to 4K SDR P3 and everything looks fantastic. In my experience, the JVC tracks P3 color very well using "Reference".

15. Tawatchai Wog

Tawatchai Wog New Member

Thank you Mirror and teams.

16. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Zidoo really need to upgrade the server where the firmware files are hosted. I'm getting very fast downloads of other stuffs but the firmware is only downloading a a few hundred KB/s only.

17. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Superdog and ammar11 like this.
  18. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

19. Superdog

Superdog Member

20. Superdog

Superdog Member

I find that the official Zidoo Z9X firmware download web page only have one version 6.0.90 to download, is this for both Google Play and non-Google ?