Beta version v6.0.85 for Z9X

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by ammar11, Dec 28, 2020.

1. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

And resolution lock would be nice as well. :)

2. Glorioso

Glorioso Member

Hi, I've tried a 1:1 ISO of Top Gun with the 6.0.85 and didn't get DV flag on my B9, only HDR. I have the Z9X connected to the Denon X2700H and then to the TV, I have to make any changes in the AVR to passtrough the DV signal?

Thanks, probably a noob question.

3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I couldn't tell you as I don't have any profile 8 to compare.

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Full BD rip won't trigger DV on the Z9X. You need to convert the file using latest version of MakeMKV. If the main movie is a MEL (minimum enhancement layer) file that all you need to do. If it's FEL (full enhancement layer) it has to be converted to MEL. Then the Z9X will play it in DV.

Note that Top Gun is a FEL title so would need to be converted to MEL.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=276448

Glorioso likes this.
  5. Glorioso

Glorioso Member

Some tips where I find the MEL/FEL settings in Make MKV? I never messed arround the settings because I was using a 2017 Shield, with no DV support, this is my first experience with that DV preservation in mind.

6. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

For MEL titles look at this post

http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/dolby-vision-atmos-update.84463/page-6#post-141250
    Basically you just open the UHD BD in makemkv (latest version) and create an MKV. The resultant file will polay in DV

For converting FEL to MEL I used this process

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=18602&start=3360#p97878

It seems a lot but when you have done it once it's not too bad.

JS_racer and Glorioso like this.
  7. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

a pity there is no simple fel to mel conversion program such as makemkv
    I tried to do it according to this method from the forum but it is not understandable to me

8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have tried to simplify the process focusing on converting FEL to MEL and ending up with profile 7 MKV

Step ONE

First download the required files from this link

https://mega.nz/file/nZtxQawR#dWE6XyCEvPz6ySa8EvsjkdrkNIxGmbkX4XJ6fA4W9Y8

Extract the zip file onto your PC

Step TWO

For the UHD Bluray you need to identify the movie m2ts file. This will be largest file in the ‘BDMV\STREAM’ folder. Note that this will not work for a movie split into multiple m2ts files

Step THREE

From where you extracted the zip file double click the file called ‘Open_Command_Prompt_HERE.bat’. Do this twice and you will have two command windows open.

Next you need to create two command lines to run in each of the command windows

Command line 1

The part in blue needs to reflect the path and name of your movie m2ts file.

Command line 2

The smilie in the command line is actually a colon : followed by p. The forum converts them to a smilie!

The parts in blue need to reflect path and name of your movie m2ts file and the name and location of the output file.

Note that there are 73 underscores AFTER the movie title and BEFORE the output name.

Step FOUR

Copy and paste each of the command lines into the open command windows. The first in one and the second in the other.

Run the first command line (the one with python) in the first window (by pressing ENTER) and then, quickly run the second command in the second window in the same way.

You have to wait for the processes to complete.

If anything goes wrong, close everything and open Task Manager to permanently kill any remaining active processes.

Step FIVE

Open the "MKV_Patcher.bat" file, drag and drop the MKV file obtained in Step FOUR, press ENTER and, when prompted, enter 7.

You now have a profile 7 MEL FV MKV.

Glorioso, ammar11 and thaworn R like this.
  9. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

thanks, this is what I'm testing :)

I got to step 5, when I drag and drop the MKV file and press enter, then the movie starts in the default player and I have nowhere to insert 7

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Have you extracted the zip file downloaded from mega.zz? It should look like the attached screen shot. If you open the command windows using the file 'Open_Command_Prompt_HERE.bat' it should work as you will have the 'python-3.7.6.amd64' and 'src' directories with the required files

Attached Files:

11. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

it's ok now, he messed up google translator by inserting spaces

well, unfortunately, after the conversion, zidoo starts the movie only in hdr10 :(

strange, mediainfo shows MpegH HEVC Main10@L5.1 (dvhe.07.06 BL + MEL + RPU) and zidoo does not see DV

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  12. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

I tried with the mkv patcher at end and it failed the file

Normally all i do is place all the Gamma files in a working folder
    Use MakeMKV to identify the main m2ts file amd copy that into working folder

then i open the 2 cmd windows using auto open
    1st i add in python-3.7.6.amd64\python.exe src\app.py -fel_to_mel -mux -exp 00003.m2ts
    2nd i add in src\Gpac\gpac.exe -i pipe://video:ext=hevc:audelim=true -o stdout:ext=ts:pes_pack=none | src\FFmpeg\ffmpeg_win_x64.exe -hide_banner -y -i - -i 00003.m2ts -map 0:0 -map 1:2 -c copy -bsf:v hevc_metadata=aud=insert -metadata title="TopGun_________________________________________________________________________" TopGun.mkv

where 00003.m2ts is main file for top gun
    and topgun just an easy naming

those 2 parts is basiclly all i interchange EACH time im making a FEL conversion
    Last i just run the new topgun.mkv thru MakeMKV again MAKING sure NOT to change the naming on right side ie TopGun_________________________________________________________________________

ive completed 4 FEL movies just since the .85 patch this way all successful so far
    ie
    Annihilation
    Justice League
    Valerian
    War of the Worlds

top guns running thru atm :p

EDIT someone asked also why just do FEL dvhe 07 , instead of going on to make dvhe 08.1 s

simply ,since Ziddoo fixed dvhe07 ,theres no need to go on to the dvhe 08.1 type
    Its just another Muxing step which could create more errors :)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  13. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I am lost with all these profiles, is it possible to have the list of profiles that work with the Zidoo and the fw 0.90.

this list is still good ?

[​IMG]

14. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

for the .85 patch anyways
    olby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.04.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible works fine (i have an aquaman TS file in that ..tested fine)

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.05.06, BL+RPU.is the streamed tv type show ie Tv epis of The Mandalorean tested fine

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible ie from Gamma muxed FEL dvhe 07.06 BL+EL +RPU FEL for Justice league tested fine

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.07.06, BL+EL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2094 App 4, Version 1, HDR10+ Profile A compatible from makemkv of MEL movie Alita ..both DV and HDR10+ working fine

Dolby Vision dvhe 07.06 BL+EL +RPU FEL wont work as these require 2 seperate "video engines" to read both layers of the DV info ,which is why we "mux" them to single layer

Dolby Vision, Version 1.0, dvhe.08.06, BL+RPU, Blu-ray compatible / SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible from DV Game of thrones uhd rip ,tested working fine

hope that helps a bit
    ill start running full tests on .90 tonight ,thou 10 mins of Top gun had the stutter like 4 stutters but NO desynch issue via SMB that .85 introduced on first few mins test of .90 just now...ill confirm later watching it again fully via usb if the issue carried over in .90
    minor issue thou compared to pre .85 issues with DV da

15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I don't understand. You seem to be doing the same as me. That is using running the two command scripts at the same time to end up with an MKV file. AT taht point I drop the file into the command window opened when I run "MKV_Patcher.bat".

However you say this fails for you? So how do you complete the conversion because as at this point the file won't play in DV until the MKV patcher step is required.

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

id been doing final step with makemkv since we got the .85 patch and i could make usuable files

when i saw your post i just finished doing the 2 cmd lines for top gun ,so i ried your final step with the patcher ,but it came back as an error invalid file or something . ie after adding the new.mkv enter hit 7 enter
    So i ran the 2 cmd lines topGun.mkv output in Makemkv .15.4
    i open file TopGun.mkv
    i touch nothing except the output file location at top right side
    i DO NOT touch the name file middle right on makemkv ie TopGun_________________________________________________________________________
    then i just start the process
    5 from 5 working FEL to MEL files that way in 4 days now

maybe my patcher file is bad

i Just posted to show the person asking About Top gun since i was running it at that exact time and had my working cmd lines handy :)

17. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Great, thanks so much cucnz :)

I will include it in my thread and update it as needed

18. ghostshadow

ghostshadow Member

Hello me for the Fel to Mel I do it with Makemkv and for the moment I had no problems, I just did Black Panther
    After that, maybe I convert the MEL profile 7 obtained into Profile 8.1 by doing the encoding

19. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

I did everything according to the instructions the movie is recognized in makemkv as MpegH HEVC Main10@L5.1 (dvhe.07.06 BL + MEL + RPU) but after playing on zidoo tv shows only HDR10
    the movie is The Hunt for Red October

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Makemkv CAN NOT do a working FEL to MEL conversion
    they will only play as hdr
    Hunt for the Red october is MEL so you only need to run it Thru Makemkv from .15.3 oe .15.4

Black Panther is Fel and you need to use one of the Muxing methods like shown above to convert the Fel to Mel . either dvhe 07.07 or the extra step to dvhe 08.0

this site has a fairly up to date list of DV movies showing MEL or FEL
    https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=276448