release zdmc 17.1-BETA-(base on kodi17.1)

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by spring, May 5, 2017.

1. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

Perform another reset. Sometimes things can go wonky after a firmware update. Also ensure your NAS is setup to use SMB 1 or SMB2. I've had issues with native SMB3. Additionally you could also try enabling NFS.

gaki likes this.
  2. Max69

Max69 New Member

SOLVED.

I solved in this way:

I added a new network path (SMB) with IP address (192.168.x.x - reserved IP address) instead of NAS "NAMESERVER"
    In this way all works fine in ZDMC too.

gaki likes this.
  3. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

sounds like a DNS issue on your network. I also add my paths in ZDMC using the zeroconf browser. Irregardless you found a way to make your setup work.

4. sevens117

sevens117 New Member

the sequence of chinese movie name is not correct!!!
    not from A to Z.

5. Is these any list of bug fixes for the next ZDMC 17.1 beta release

6. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

One thing I hope they fix is the skipped frames in 23.976 content. It does this in files and even when watching through Add Ons (like Exodus). Anything at 23.976 skips frames.

7. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Official Kodi 17.2 was just released...

8. gaki

gaki Member

No rush, they call it "A minor bug fix and security release".

9. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

The second part in the above sentence is more important that the first. Security always comes first.

10. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

This is the reason:
    " ..You may have read in the news that malicious subtitle zip files could potentionally infect and harm your media player including Kodi. When Check Point researchers uncovered this flaw they contact us up front to less us know about this flaw. Our developers fixed this secuity gap and have added the fix to this v17.2 release. As such we highly encourage all users to install this latest version! Any previous Kodi version will not get any security patch. We have began the roll out of this version and Android Play Store as well as Windows Store have this update pending and will roll out as soon as possible. Please be patient if you are using these store versions. Our official download page of course has the regular install files available for the supported platforms..."
    Security always comes first..
    +1

11. gaki

gaki Member

While you are claiming that, Android 7 got major security improvements compared to Android 6 but just a few of us here are asking for it while you're jumping on every Kodi release announcement.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/how-android-n-addresses-security

Let's not be hypocrite about our concerns about security please

12. nikos_a

nikos_a Active Member

Sorry gaki, I am working on security and the flaw in Kodi is more than critical. Please see this video

There should be URGENT update of ZDMC from 17.1 to 17.3 (yes, you read correct .3). And do not compare Android with Kodi because Android 6 is still patched with security updates. At the moment, official kodi announced that previous versions will remain unpatched and users are advised to upgrade to 17.3

13. gaki

gaki Member

I appreciate your explanation nikos_a. Better justification to your needs than your first post about kodi 17.2.
    Let's keeps this forum instructive.

14. JJKK

JJKK Member Beta test group

When will ZDMC be updated?

15. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

yah, the bug is critical on windows. but android ?

16. JJKK

JJKK Member Beta test group

According to reports, it is critical for android as well..

17. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

damn, that's bad

18. totizidoo

totizidoo Member

How can i never change skin in zdmc 17.1?

19. smartbrother

smartbrother Member

1. can the 17.1 internal player run 4k HDR movies smoothely?
    2. can either the internal or external player run 4k HDR HFR movies smoothely?

thanks

20. SaskMedia

SaskMedia Member

2. I've played back 4K 60fps videos using the external player without issue.

smartbrother likes this.