DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. octavius

octavius Member

Ať this frequency of releasing updates, you won't see it for 100 years at the earliest.

2. mlknez

mlknez New Member

I would like to see the following:
    1. Ability to bitstream out HDMI
    2. Along with number 1, support of immersive formats in .mka, .m4a, .thd formats
    3. Ability for Apple Music app to support their immersive, Dolby Atmos, format
    4. Ability to switch output ports depending on the format/rate/channels of the input file. (.i.e. 2 channel dsd > dsd128 goes to XLR while all dsd64 goes to HDMI)
    5. Enumerate .iso files to show the number of tracks inside of the file, instead of just the container file itself.

3. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Feature Request: Use local artwork files for ARTISTS!

I habe already activated the settings for music to use local files only and prioritise local artworks. Unfortunately this setting only works for ALBUM but is ignored for ARTISTS.

Therefore @the Eversolo Developers: Do NOT ignore your own settings! folder.jpg in the ARTIST folder should be used for ARTISTS, just like folder.jpg in the Album folder is used for the ALBUM!

4. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Feature Request: Use cdart.png!

The little rotating disc on the top right corner is a nice little gimmick. Strangely the "Disc"-Picture is nothing but a round cutout of the Album Artwork wich is usually not a realistic interpretation of a disc.

Therefore: If the Album folder contains any disc related artworks (usually cdart.png. disc.png or discart.png) those should be used!

Monkey3017 likes this.
  5. THXjay

THXjay Member

Good idea. I'd even be happy with a generic silver disc. I think the current picture usually looks crap as it's always cropped badly to fit.

6. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

You can add your own artist artwork via the Eversolo screen or in the app under Cast.

Go to Music / open menu on the left / choose artists / long-press an artist to get menu / choose edit artist / change cover

IMG_0471.jpeg IMG_0472.jpeg IMG_0473.jpeg
    IMG_0474.jpeg

7. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

...fully agree with you. In the current size the disc looks awful.

8. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Thank you @Bergholdt !

I was not aware about this feature. Still i would prefer, if the "use local artwork" setting would work by default without the need to edit several hundred artists manually...

9. THXjay

THXjay Member

10. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Yes, that would be much better.

11. RedSusanin

RedSusanin New Member

Dolby Atmos in Apple Music and Amazon Music over hdmi.

12. Bluenight

Bluenight Member

I would like to see an automatic option for highest sample rate switcher. That match automatically to 176,4khz or 192khz depending on the original sample rate and what evens out the best.

So original 44,1, 88,2 upsamples to 176,4khz
    And original 48, 96 upsamples to 192khz

As it is now I don't bother using it and just keep it on original sample rate. To bothersome to change manually all the time.

13. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

If only some basics would be fixed
    - fix the stuttering volume control
    - support playlist (M3U)
    - add support for crossfade
    - digital out for digital input
    - index for artists and album lists. That endless list is simply not working.
    - improve the functionality of remote control (3 buttons of the 12 just handle the display mode, Off/VU/EQ. One button would be enough for this - with submenu)

Alan Rutlidge likes this.
  14. Libattery

Libattery New Member

If you play a new song, I hope it has the ability to exit the screensaver. You can provide it as an option.

Sometimes when you listen to music at a very low volume, you don't know if the song is playing.

This is especially true for music that starts very quietly at the beginning.

15. Alan Rutlidge

Alan Rutlidge Well-Known Member

It has been requested many times, but AFAIK the eversolo gurus have said the hardware is physically incapable of Dolby Atmos. :(

Nutul likes this.
  16. The Moog

The Moog Member

Is there an option to set what the short press on the volume control does? Long press should always shut down the A6, but instead of showing the power menu with the four options I would like short press to just turn the screen off. Yes I know that this can be done from the power menu with an extra screen press, but when dealing with small family members it is always best to have the simplest set of actions :)

17. Bonzo

Bonzo Active Member

We asked about this last summer, and the answer was it won't happen because its a hardware limitation, not something they can fix via firmware.

18. Libattery

Libattery New Member

When I use airplay or Tidal connect.
    DMP-A6 doesn't get out from screensaver.

19. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

I recommend the remote control for this. It has a dedicated button to just switch the screen off. Would be best for small family members.

20. The Moog

The Moog Member

Small family members would be likely to use a remote control once, and then put it somewhere it couldn't be found :p, at least the A6 should stay put.