EDID thread (RTD1619BPD players)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 23, 2023.

1. dnedkov

dnedkov New Member

2. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

Hi Mark.
    Samsung Q7F QE55Q7F connected via onkyo TX-RZ50.
    Please look at my EDID. Thanks for the help!!

Attached Files:

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The EDID doesn't support HDR or DV so it's probably a setting in the TV. Or are you connected by a soundbar?

4. Markswift2003

What would you like me to look for?

5. dnedkov

dnedkov New Member

In HDMI 1 on TV is Yamaha receiver. In HDMI 2 on TV is Zidoo Z9x pro. Is this problem? The receiver is old and does not support the formats, so I have connected the player directly to the TV.

6. Markswift2003

Possibly if you're using ARC - Try disconnecting the receiver and see if you get HDR/DV then.

7. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

I have included my EDID in the message. Can't you see him? If I set my EDID I will have RGB8 and 8 bit color, if I set the built-in EDID it will be like the screenshot. There is something wrong with me or I don't understand something correctly (I don't understand it, so I ask for your help)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  8. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

So the power on order is important. First TV, then Onkyo... Zidoo the last one. This might solve resetting Zidoo to 1920x1080 resolution if it''s already set to match frame rate only.

You are using custom EDID. Is this based on EDID as dumped from your current actual HDMI chain? Or you have just selected the 3rd one since someone told you that it will fix something? As you have almost exact same Samsung model?

9. Markswift2003

It's possibly something to do with the Onkyo, but that EDID doesn't support 10/12-bit.

Try this EDID - it's yours just with 10/12-bit support and YCbCr 4:4:4 deep colour support.

But remember, if in fact your TV or receiver doesn't support this and you change to that mode, you'll get a blank screen.

https://mega.nz/file/pGoEWY7S#NiUAqWlkXDENljTmTQYbiIx_BOjl93gEernatBZ11Nk

misichavichus likes this.
  10. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

no, I chose the third one not because someone told me something - I’m just experimenting) My TV is completely different from the one that is third on the list EDID

11. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

Thank you. Everything works great! For some reason)

P.S. The black screen at the beginning of the video has completely disappeared

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  12. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

)))
    And another question: After installing the latest firmware v1.0.75, everything worked, but my hands were itching, so I tried changing the EDID resolution, frame rate, etc. Samsung Q7F QE55Q7F TV connected via Onkyo TX-RZ50
    The ideal result was when choosing Display/HDR - Dolby Vision VS10 Engine (HDR Output) despite the fact that the DV TV does not support its own EDID, which is forced.
    As a result, at one fine moment (I turn off the power to all the equipment after looking at the toggle switch on the SUPRA surge protector), when I turn on the TV, res, zina - the zina does not load beyond the inscription “hello” and does not respond to any buttons until I force it with the switch on the back I turn it off, then it boots without problems.
    I set all the settings to default (to factory) but nothing changed. The problem that appeared did not disappear.
    The question is: if I do a full reset, using the elimination method, changing what settings can cause a black screen (except for the wrong EDID)?

13. MrEd

MrEd New Member

I had the same problem with my configuration. It happened with 1.0.75 only. Because of this situation I tried firmware 1.0.80, yes it’s alpha, but someone in other forum told me, it’s not normal, sent it back to dealer.
    With 1.0.80 all works fine for me. In really some seldom situations the Zidoo now recognizing if there is trouble with the connection and the power symbol is switching from white to red. After using the power button from the remote, the Zidoo make a reboot and all is working fine. Never have to use the switch again.

14. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

I spent more than $1000 on zidoo in order to enjoy watching movies, but so far it’s not working (((
    Temporarily disabled while waiting for a fix and for now I’m using Ugoos AM8 PRO ((( Unfortunately I also had to spend money on this set-top box (((
    In my country there is no way to return a defective product since it was ordered through another country

I waited 4 months for them to bring me Zidoo so I could put it on the shelf and wait for it to start working, what nonsense!!!

15. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Playing around with EDID is risky. You are actually messing with HDMI chain. If something does not match you can be at your position now.

While your Ziddo is stuck at Hello... you can try to restore the vision by patiently iterating the screen resolutions via your remote - maybe you will get to 1080p or lower resolutions that are not spoilt by using not matching EDID. Refer to manual which button it is. I do not own your box, but at mine its blow the red button.

16. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

I tried it - it doesn't work. When it freezes, no buttons work at all, only turning off the network

Attached Files:

• 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
  17. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

So actually you can get to GUI... but it requires the hard power reset? Or are you in the infinite loop with "Hello", so your Ziddo is somehow "bricked"?

18. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

exactly. If I turn off the player from the network and turn it on, it loads without problems. If you turn off the network for more than an hour, the situation repeats - the first start is always a blue screen, turn off the network and turn it on again and everything works (loads)

19. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

That is strange.

20. zozo510

zozo510 New Member

Hello Markswift2003, can you please explain to me the procedure to follow to edit the forced EDID for 3D compatibility, thank you