Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

eco modes off on all devises

darky_zidoo likes this.
  2. DMD

DMD Member

Good morning and happy Easter.
    I am in possession of a Z9X of which I am quite satisfied I would like to acuistre another for gift, but this model at the sale is replaced by Z9X Pro.
    Reading various posts I have concerns about playback reliability, do you recommend it the same while waiting for new firmware or should I choose other model?
    Thank you very much.

3. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

The new Z9X Pro is more capable and new firmware is on the way. Don’t hesitate, get it as I’ve done it.

4. DMD

DMD Member

Thank you for the confirmation.

p.s.
    Just asking if I can install ZDMC like the previous model, (unfortunately I have been fond of the Kodi interface for years)
    Thank you

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
  5. darky_zidoo

darky_zidoo Active Member

yes you can

6. KJC

KJC Member

Is there any other app that is equivalent to aerial view for live screen wallpaper which works great with z9x pro?

7. Faceman2k24

Faceman2k24 Active Member

I have aerial views installed on my z2600 and it seems to work absolutely perfectly.

I'm running a third party launcher (ProjectIvy) if that changes anything though.

8. Faceman2k24

I use ZDMC with a heavily customised quartz skin, current FW 1.0.75g isn't perfect on my Z2600 and if you leave the player on for more than 48 hours it gets flaky due to some kind of bug so turn it off every night and it is doing everything I want just fine.

If you are on the fence, give it another few months for firmware to mature a bit more, the only bugs currently affecting people do seem to be on the edge cases.

9. KJC

KJC Member

"Aerial views" may not work if the .mov files are stored in a local storage. It may only support online streaming.
    Folder acess(legacy) wont work here with my device.

10. Faceman2k24

I've seen people talk about that, I guess it's related to the android file system permissions limits in place on these devices. but the default install of the screensaver with the web based sources works fine.

I'll have a play with it next time i'm fiddling and see how it tries to access storage, because there are workarounds that might be possible.

11. Deeder

Deeder New Member

I really don't recommend the Z9X Pro. I bought mine this summer and had to shelve it because it crashed during playback. Subtitles caused screen decoloration. Some files would read fine while others would crash the video player every time.
    This product is not ready, its a lot of money for it to just accumulate dust while I wait for a very slow trickle of firmware updates that may or may not make the product usable.

I understand a lot of people are using this without issues, but for me this product is in an unacceptable state and I don't recommend it right now.
    Hopefully I can start using it within the next 2 years.

gymnos and fnhanks like this.
  12. DMD

DMD Member

Gee, I'm really sorry about this problem.
    I was perhaps under the illusion that the new model would be better than the previous one, but at this point the Z9X is no longer available for sale, which model to buy now?

13. theory

theory New Member

FWIW, I had no issues getting the screensavers to load from my NAS or an external hard drive connected to my Zidoo. I didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary.

14. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

Actually? All new RTD 1619BPD Zidoo players share the same bugs since all are using the same SOC and the same core firmware to be fixed. So it depends on your use case/media library and some luck not to get hardware issues affected unit.
    That's the exact reason and beyond my understanding why Zidoo is not focusing over fixing video players (bigger market) and bugs affecting entire range of video players... but is releasing firmware after firmware mainly for Eversolo audio players (much smaller market).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
  15. Deeder

Deeder New Member

From what I understand they moved from Android to Android TV and this is brand new firmware for a new OS. In terms of specs its better for sure but the firmware is very new and hiccups are expected apparently. I just feel like I'm beta testing a 300$ product that's definitely not ready for the market.

gymnos, fnhanks and Staff49 like this.
  16. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

You're just lucky, you're testing for $300, and I signed up as a tester for $1000 (uhd5000))))

gymnos, cbnbmore and VladNec like this.
  17. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

If you'll remember I was so frustrated with my z9x Pro went with the Dune 8K One Pro. All went well for a week but then it started doing "zidoo" like things like freezing, movies not loading no matter how many times I hit "Play", and other quirks that the z9x Pro didn't have. So I pulled the z9x Pro back out and installed it, loaded my sources on external HDD's hooked directly to the z9x instead of wifi, and it play beautifully now. I always preferred the look and layout of the z over the dune. Now, to be fair I don't care about screensavers or subtitles, all I ever wanted was for the thing to play movies without glitches when I hit play, and now it does it. I may not even update the firmware if they ever release a new version, that's how happy I am with its performance now. The only thing, that the Dune did not do, is occasionally I still lose signal to my L/R mains and subs, but I just have to reboot my AVR and everything works fine for the rest of the day.

I do have one question. When I put the z9x on Standby, when I turn it back on it has to search for the hard drives again, which takes almost 5 minutes sometimes. Is that normal behavior? That's why when I turn it on in the morning I'll leave it on all day until I'm done using it for the night.

18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i leave mine on 24/7 gets a re start maybe once a weel or two
    standbys so low and i have solar panels

19. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

ok thanks for the tip. I have no problem leaving it on 24/7, I just thought I'd read somebody said he turns his off at night and it works better. So you're also saying its' common for it to forget the HDD's when you set it to standby?

20. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

pretty sure it refinds mine been awhile
    i used to have Echo turn em all on when i had the Z9X there ie echo turn on Living Room but i was finding it wasnt smart enuff to do em in correct order and sometimes the hdmi would glitch in timings
    when i got the Pro i just didnt bother adding it to the smart rf blaster ,and started leaving it on 24/7
    Echo turns tv on now and lights and hdmi turns the denon on

its been very stable for me EXCEPT the loss of EDID which happened thru all firmwares thou less in 60 75 as they work on that bug .But it can happen finishing one movie or tv epi and hitting back to move to next and ive also seen it with power ons so very random and pretty rare now ie 3-4 times a week and couple secs to change Display back to correct