Beta version v6.4.65 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000, v6.7.85 for NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

Nobody knows what's their plan. This firmware was released only three months ago, which is far from saying these boxes are being "left in the dust".
    What we know is that the new generation (1619BPD) was released undercooked and required a lot of fixing, while our boxes (1619DR) were working ok (at least compared to the newer and more expensive flagship ones). This was due to the sudden popularity of the Eversolo products, and it seems the teams are the same, or at least share enough staff to impact each other.
    I don't know how the current generation is now (if they fixed all the major issues or if it's still a mess) but while it never feels good to not be the priority, it seems only normal to fix the major issues first. Was it a good idea to release the 1619BPD boxes ? I don't think so (minor hardware improvements and major software issues, while the 1619DR line still required heavy software support). But they've done it anyway. Usually, the target for frequent beta release is the most recent "wide audience" box in the market, it used to be the Z9X, now it's the Z9X Pro, so the Z9X isn't supposed to receive as frequent beta updates as it used to. But it might still get some, like it did 3 months ago (which is not a long time ago — although this update didn't fix or brought much).

TL;DR : Nobody knows. Except Mirror and maybe Markswift2003, but no need to spam them : when they can tell us something, they will.

rozel, crutzulee and Oldpainless like this.
  2. Stuj

Stuj Member

Over in the Eversolo chats, mirror made mention of hiring new devs, this might take the pressure off things and maybe free things up to address the backlog eventually. I think they may be the victims of their own success and need to go through a growing pain.

crutzulee likes this.
  3. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

The media boxes sell way more units then the Eversolo, but because they make more money of the eversolo that is why they are paying more attention to them. This is bad business practice because they have lost a lot of loyal customer that have been here fot a while. Especially with the fact they are no longer even close to being the best media box with dolby vision support. That spot belongs to the 8k dune. A lot of people have switched and they will continue loosing customers the longer they neglect their customers. The frequency of updates is just pathetic, then in 4 months they will try to release another box and nobody will buy it once they discover the dune 8k.

DIKKE likes this.
  4. Ben602

Ben602 New Member

Does that box have custom EDID's?

crutzulee and vddan like this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

No.

crutzulee likes this.
  6. vddan

vddan Active Member

That’s what I’m going to miss!!
    So we stay at Zidoo.......

Markswift2003, Ben602 and crutzulee like this.
  7. Ben602

Ben602 New Member

Yep, and that's why I will not entertain another device. The PQ is dialed in with the custom EDID and poster wall while not the best does the job

Markswift2003 likes this.
  8. vddan

vddan Active Member

Question to Markswift who owns it:
    Can we read LLDV with the appropriate Dune settings, without editing like on the Zidoo??
    Thanks in advance.

9. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Yep. If only Zidoo would have gone for the S928X-k Socket instead of the 1619 V2, they would have kept me as a customer. I would even take the slow FW updates for granted.
    But the Z9x is now back on the shelf, and the Dune is in.
    IT is def not as user friendly as the Z9x GUI, but that socket compensates all the GUI things i miss.

10. Markswift2003

Not sure what you mean?

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

What benefits do you get from Dune and S928X-k Socket? I'm just curious. Is it 8K upconversion? If you have 8K display device and 4K source the TV or Pj will do upconversion. What do you get out of the 8K Dune?

darkeyes909 likes this.
  12. vddan

vddan Active Member

Given the settings of the DUNE and that it does not accept edicts, does the LLDV pass!!
    Fr to English translation not great.......sorry!

13. Markswift2003

Only if the display is LLDV (or you have an HDFury device with an LLDV EDID).

It doesn't have the EDID capabilities as the Zidoo boxes so you can't use the LLDV trick without an HDFury device (or similar).

14. vddan

vddan Active Member

I suspected it a little, that's why I asked the question!
    Thank you again and have a nice day.

15. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Nothing with 8K here, just plain android IPTV, and movies/series. The scraping is far more accurate and a lot faster. On my Z9x it took ages before it finished a total run of your library, now its a 2 minute thing and far more accurate.
    Android streaming ( web based URL ) is faster, and smoother operating. Basically you go from a Ps4 to a PS5 :)
    Don;t get me wrong, the Z9x is doing great in playing .mkv, but if your Lib is getting bigger, it became slow..to slow for me.
    Pic quality is equal.
    To be short, is faster. a lot faster in handling & operating.

16. rockmeloman

rockmeloman New Member

Has the startup time for a 4K movie decreased after switching to Dune 8K pro?

17. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

yup, and it does the screen/framerate switching before the .mkv starts. It is not a major difference though.. never timed it, but as the socket is fast, so will this action be faster.

rockmeloman likes this.
  18. Markswift2003

Not my experience at all - apart from the fact that My Collection is horrible, scraping is slightly slower than the Zidoo and once done you then have to "confirm" each movie individually to confirm the scraper's choice.

I ran a test of a library of 500 dummy movies on both machines.

The Dune took 7 minutes 2 seconds
    The Zidoo took 5 minutes 15 seconds

The Dune had one mismatched movie
    The Zidoo had no mismatched movies

The movie the Dune couldn't match was "Army of Thieves".

The list of movies and how they're named is attached if anyone's interested.

Attached Files:

• dir.txt
      File size:
      26.5 KB
      Views:
    Ben602 likes this.
  19. DIKKE

DIKKE Active Member

Well, i have a +3700 series folder, and that takes +10 minutes to rescan. On the Dune it takes less then 2 min. As i mentioned, i was talking about big lib's.
    Loading IPTV channels, +50% faster.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2024
    Tarantula likes this.
  20. darkeyes909

darkeyes909 Active Member

I have both. I don't know your criteria for "best" but the Dune 8 has major issues with video quality.

Ovidiu Ogrean likes this.