Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. cbnbmore

cbnbmore New Member

Might be a network issue.

2. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

3. tc2007

tc2007 Active Member

Why should I suffer alone LOL

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sorry but that's rather misleading - Network Attached Storage is by far the best way to deliver content to any media player.

As long as it's configured correctly on a robustly configured network and delivery is sound (ie ethernet and NOT WiFi) then it's always always the best option.

The majority of problems people have with playback are due to the delivery environment and not the equipment.

The golden rule is always use fixed IP addresses, ideally done properly but at a push by MAC allocation, and make sure you don't duplicate IP addresses - it's not rocket science, but it can be a bit of a learning curve.

And we all love a learning curve ;)

gymnos and vddan like this.
  5. andyt1000

andyt1000 Member

Would you say Mark,that this way is better than using a DAS connected via USB3.

6. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

I agree in most of your assessments but in my experience, Zidoo is not handling NAS properly. Although my network is working with static IP, there is something disturbing the HD audio channels. No doubt!!

7. Temearoo

Temearoo Active Member

It's a little worrying to read this... :oops:

gymnos and vddan like this.
  8. KJC

KJC Member

This sounds interesting.

Successfully installed AerialViews app but unable to set location of the downloaded files that are stored in external Drive.
    How to fix it?

9. Markswift2003

Definitely, yes - it's more stable than USB which can have the propensity to be affected by the OS and provides way more flexibility.

andyt1000 and vddan like this.
  10. KJC

KJC Member

Anyone can help me with this?

11. Markswift2003

There's no way a NAS can affect audio delivery.

12. Markswift2003

For me too - I had a bunch of small improvements and fixes that were promised last year and of course the biggie is making HT usable for large collections. I just don't see them happening now - I think it's all been forgotten about.

Improvements have been steady over the last few months, but very slow, and I've seen worrying regressions in firmware behaviour too - it's almost as if new devs have come along who don't really know the SOC, or they've based newer firmware on much older builds. It's really odd.

gymnos likes this.
  13. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Obviously the issue comes from Zidoo (Z9X and Z9X Pro) as same file is played fine on direct connection via USB3 or SATA and stuttering via NAS-SMB. Anyway let's wait new firmware and we'll retake it!!

14. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Mmm doesn't sound promising. Also doesn't sound like we will see a firmware update for awhile.

15. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

OMG. Looks like this is what actually had happened. That's the outcome when development is based on a single person who leaves the company.

16. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

I'm worried... I'm afraid it might turn out like with Zappiti. There are problems, no updates are expected. Maybe I need to sell the player?

17. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

My first 2 VCR's were from Sanyo. Absolute garbage, didn't last a month.

18. Markswift2003

Should see an update soon, but nothing on HT performance as far as I know.

dr4go, blenky, xskip and 1 other person like this.
  19. Markswift2003

No, don't worry, that's not going to happen.

blenky and misichavichus like this.
  20. Markswift2003

I think it's just taking longer than expected to bounce back from the Eversolo's success - they needed additional devs so they can split the teams.

dr4go, blenky and misichavichus like this.