Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Andalex

Andalex New Member

In addition, the Dune HD Pro One 8K Plus dropped BD3D support - something that the Z9X and even the Z9X Pro excels in so it is a deal breaker for me. (Yes, I love good quality 3D on my system.) Otherwise i would consider it....

My biggest problem with the Z9X Pro is the ongoing lack of multichannel SACD/ DSD support and I have been full of anticipation from firmware update to firmware update since last July. I like to listen to a lot of music so my daily box remaines the good old Z9X that is flawless, but the Z9X pro is certainly faster in the functions that it performs well.

salora likes this.
  2. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Reading that, I would say it's kodi problems, not the Dune.

3. Earthkeeper

Earthkeeper Member

What frustrates me to no end is the subtitle engine for internal srt. The border of the subtitles is so thin that when against a bright background, it almost blends into it. I bought my Z2600 because the product description showed a screenshot of the "advanced" subtitle settings. It turns out that it only works with external subtitles.

Grrrrrrrr!

salora and Sanctrum like this.
  4. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

+1 to this.

5. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Thanks for the heads up.

6. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

I believe I own the copyright to the internet usage of "Grrrrrrrr..." having coined the phrase many years ago. :D

7. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Cool. So basically your only complaints have to do with Kodi's behavior within the Dune. That's fine for me, I have no intention of incorporating Kodi. Appreciate your post. Waiting for my Dune to arrive.

8. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Ok guys, we're walking a fine line here - as I've said before it's not really appropriate to tout a rival company who don’t provide a free forum on the forum of one who does.

Comparitive discussions are fine, constructive criticism is fine - even some of the more muppety ill thought out comments of late are at least entertaining.

But a full on Dune discussion is not.

AVS, although a labyrinth of misinformation and rhetoric, is the place for that.

xskip, salora and browelly like this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Member

@Markswift2003 only annoyances i have is having to reconfigure my unit to 4K 23Hz resolution and VS10 output as HDR10 (for DV processing) everytime i use the unit, for now everything seems to be working ok, i only use MKV remuxes from a SMB share so my experience is a bit limited.

Can you give us a hint on new stuff that should be in the oven? is some new firmware coming out with new features?

Would be fabulous if i could for example configure VS10 to only kick in with HDR10+ and DV content for example.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024
  10. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

So when will this new firmware arrive,?? And will it fix subtitles a basic function that should have been fixed ages ago? I agree the old Z9X was great but the new range has been s poor it's embarrassing .I use a Denon with a very high quality DAC built in and 2 separate power amps to drive front channels all my speakers are biwired and both my Subs are large BK units. I sold hifi for over 35 years so I know how I like my sound does not mean you will like it lol

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I assume this is the issue where HDR settings are not retained when using a custom EDID?

This was fixed in v1.0.60 but unfortunately there was a reversion in v1.0.75. It has been fixed again in an internal beta so should be fixed in the next release.
    Unfortunately I'm sworn to secrecy so I can't give any hints at the moment. But things are afoot...

I doubt that VS10 will ever be able to allow for HDR10+ content because VS10 belongs to Dolby and HDR10+ is their enemy :(

12. misichavichus

misichavichus Member

There is no need to give away the secret, just say there is hope that there will be a new firmware and support will continue?:)

salora likes this.
  13. jehangir kh

jehangir kh Member

Its been months since bought this z2600. There is still no fixing of major issues. I have got LG LED and Sony OLED . I noticed more choppy and jerky playback in OLED than LED. Has anyone else also noticed it?

14. Jazz Fiend

Jazz Fiend New Member

I hope the things that are afoot include or have included the firing of some of the senior management at Zidoo. I bought two Z2600 players almost six months ago and to this day they are barely functional due to firmware issues. It is my understanding that this product line was initially rolled out almost 9 months ago. To date we only have beta firmware which doesn't do many of the things these products were supposed to do when launched. It is easy to blame the developers, but my own experience of many years as a computer programmer says this problem is due to senior management with their head so far up where the sun doesn't shine that they need plexiglass stomachs to see where they are going. At this point it might even be that users should be looking at a class action lawsuit of some kind against Zidoo. The current situation is close to if not outright fraud!!!!

Sanctrum likes this.
  15. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

"We've launched the Z9X Pro Ultra.....we think you're going to love it"

16. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

weird thing is
    Mine does almost all its supposed to flawlessly , and i use it probably 4-6 hrs a day playing full 4k mkv/iso/Bdsm files for movies and mkvs for 1080p 2160p TV

DV DA DTS-HD Master audio playback has no issues no stutters or pauses for me ,it hasnt since at least .60 f/w

the only 2 issues my Z9X Pro has is the occassional loss of EDID to random settings ,and the ongoing issues with MCH audio ,thou i have narrowed it down to Raw /Auto in Audio settings as playing a big part in it

17. Staff49

Staff49 New Member

Instead of offering new boxes, they had to make the current boxes functional already because it's catastrophic !!!

Tarantula likes this.
  18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

The early purchased boxes from euro supplier were all supplied with a non zidoo sourced Power supply if i remeber correct ? ( discussion i think i remeber from earlier f/w threads)

Could the few ppl having all the issues with their boxes be because they were supplied with an underpowered PSU ?

Just a thought since a lot of us just seem to have very few issues with the Pro range ...nothing in the return to store/buy a Dune type issues

19. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

I don't have many issues except some well known major:
    • lack of multichannel audio PCM
    • very seldom video choppy playback that can be instantly fixed by pausing and un-pausing.
    • Poster Wall stops to be responsive if the number of movies exceeds 400+ (the bug known since the old boxes)
    • Audio offset not working at all

And the minor ones:
    • not working DLNA streaming to Z9X Pro.
    • some apps installed via Google Play Store does not show any icon in the App tray and can be only started from the Play Store level. Some apps like Tidal needs a special Tidal Launcher app to start correctly.
    • all apps from Google Play Store deliberately have locked privileges (and no root is available) and don't have access to the drives. E.g. not possible to playback DVD ROMs from the USB connected optical drive.
    • looks like Z9x Pro is always forcing 3D in the frame packing mode if 3D is detected as supported what makes problems if older AVR in the HDMI chain does not support this mode so audio is not processed in RAW correctly even after editing EDID.
    • Movie subtitles overlap the screensaver.

I will keep updating this post if some new things comes up.

My PSU is this one:
    IMG_20240225_124611.jpg

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  20. burton

burton Member

Audio offset not working at all.....any ides?
    Hdmi or optical.....