Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

OK, I've got a new one. You're all tired of my L/R mains and subs going out for no reason (I think I found a workaround, once they're all firing I leave the z9x on until I shut everything down for the night). But here's a new one and it's scary as hell. Happened 3 times including today. I'll hit play and the audio is like 30 times louder than it should be, making a sound akin to an explosion. I thought for sure I'd fried every speaker in my system (all 9.2.4 of them) but fortunately there was no damage. I always have to hit pause, then play again, and the audio goes back to where it should be. Anybody else experience this? I don't think so since no one else seems to have complained about it. Seriously how does zidoo get the great reputation that it has. So many of us have the same aggravating issues when we just want to sit down and watch a movie!!

One other thing. Why is it the player, a z9x Pro in my case, rarely gives me the option of continuing where I left off. Most of the time when I hit play it just starts from the beginning.

2. Sanctrum

Sanctrum Active Member

I'v never heard anything similar to your problems.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  3. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Sounds like an issue with your amp maybe? Never heard of anything like this. Is your HDMI audio output set to Auto?

Playing MKV files, not full bluray, I always get option to restart where left off. Only time it hasn't worked is when there was an issue with the file.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2024
  4. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Check whether your setting is right:
    Reproduction > Bookmarks > Display mode > Dialog prompt

5. fnhanks

fnhanks Member

Had this same problem. If you pause the movie and turn off everything using a universal remote or whatever it doesn't save the state. The only way it saves the state is to actually hit stop. That's the only thing that triggers the logic to save the bookmark. Just another zidoo-ism that makes it just a dumpster fire of a device all around. No other media device that I have requires a careful stop sequence to just make it function like a normal media player.

6. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

So after waiting so long for firmware I have given up I have had 4 Zidoo boxes this latest range has too many issues and looks like even Zidoo have no interest anymore I have pulled the trigger and switched to the New Dune HD Pro 8k.
    The difference is Night and Day works straight out of the box

7. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Zidoo is just shooting themselves in the foot. with the lack of support and the fact, that they take people's money promising great features that don't even work. They force you to beta test their boxes if you want some of those features to partially work and 3 years later some features still don't work properly. this coupled with the boatloads of bugs that prevent people from even enjoying anything about these boxes and the fact they just don't care about their customer's issues and leave them with broken boxes is just sickening at this price point. I got my box for free cause of all the issues and I still wish I could send it back.

Staff49 and gymnos like this.
  8. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

9. Paul10mmring

Paul10mmring Member

I really thought the Z20pro was Pants compared to my Z10pro wish I had sent it back but was assured all would be fine with firmware updates the final straw was no subtitles and there apathy for there customers I have had so many numerous streamers over the years but not been abandoned like this I have over 80tb spread over 3 Nas units the new one has done it all only missing 3 movies in a single afternoon.is it perfect probably not but it does everything I have asked of it and more Zidoo get your act together it's not much to ask for a working box with the features we were promised!!!!!!!

10. Simbo

Simbo New Member

Had been on 1.0.60 for a while but just updated to .75

Finally stutter free playback!

11. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Where did you buy it? Amazon says not in stock and don't know when it will be, Dune website doesn't even list an 8k player.

12. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Yeah, I've been pretty stutter free the past 2 days, it's the freeze/audio dropout that currently vexes me. All the other complaints I've had come and go.

13. Simbo

Simbo New Member

Sorry to hear of your issues.

Having had a bit of a read of your previous posts I can’t say I’ve experienced any of the other issues you are having. I hope you get to the bottom of them though….it really shouldn’t be this difficult / stressful / annoying when all you want to do is sit down and enjoy a movie.

14. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

You got that right! I appreciate the sympathetic ear. I have just made an interesting observation that might help the engineers figure out the pause/dropped audio problem that a lot of people still have. When I watch Transformers Age of Extinction with Plex on my Shield, at the very beginning when the ships are coming into view, with the Dolby TrueHD Atmos track on, it makes this horrendous popping sound like my speakers are gonna blow. When I switch to the DTS-HD track, it plays perfectly. On the zidoo, I just noticed that when I play the Dolby TrueHD Atmos track, it doesn't make that popping sound but it freezes and pauses and the audio drops out, but when I switch to the DTS-HD track, it plays perfectly. I'm going to put up a separate post about this, hopefully Mark Swift will see it and it will help them figure out a fix once and for all.

Oh, and I still have to battle with the signal dropping out on my L/R and subs, but at least once I get them working, they stay working no matter how many movies I switch to, until I turn the zidoo off at the end of the night.

15. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

I can confirm this, I bought the Dune HD Pro One 8k Plus out of curiosity and it runs very stable and fast. The menu navigation with 4k@120 Hz is an eye-catcher, so smooth and fast. I've had the player for a week and haven't noticed any problems so far.
    I thought at some point I would switch from my UHD3000 to UHD5000, but the way things are going at the moment, Zidoo really doesn't want to do anything, maybe because the new series hasn't brought anything new?

16. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

17. Robert17

Robert17 New Member

18. Duke Sweden

Duke Sweden Member

Do they come with those freaky European plugs? I'm in the U.S.

19. larry47591

larry47591 New Member

Wish the dune did 3d? I just rebought the Zidoo z9x on eBay the pro will sit in the box till it’s a complete product

20. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

There are 4 plug attachments included, including one freaky USA plugs. ;)