DMP-A6 Feature Request

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Xyzzy, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Nikolay Gramchev

Nikolay Gramchev New Member

Yep, why not prepare some ready tunings. And not the standard Disco, Pop, Rock, Jazz but Tube, Vynil, Live Concert, Hall,...

blackie likes this.
  2. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Feature Request:
    Ignore articles for the sorting of ARTISTS!

The Beatles should appear under B, not under T!

Otherwise the library will have a useless high amount of Artists under T.

Miki222 and db4 like this.
  3. db4

db4 New Member

I specify the 'ARTISTSORT' in my id3 tags. So, the DMP-A6 software should be able to utilize that data, or am I missing something?

4. Soulsurfer

Soulsurfer New Member

Hello All,
    As mentionned by many members, It would be very helpfull to be able to open, read end use already existing playlists
    - being able to store them ( either on USB key OR internal memory ) and get a dedicated "open playlist" command ( not being forced to create playlist through application )
    - M3U standard format could be a clear plus.
    The aim is to listen music stored locally on a NAS / USB key

Thanks to the Dev Team to take it in consideration !!

Monkey3017 likes this.
  5. Reelyator

Reelyator Active Member

Does it?

I am used to mp3tag wich uses ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST but not ARTISTSORT. In this constellation the DMP-A6 Library displays all Artist starting with a "The" under T.

6. DJpower

DJpower Member

I am a user who makes good use of EverSolo dmp-a6. It is also a great advantage to be able to listen to various radio stations from around the world through Internet Radio (beta) installed as an in-app in Eversolo, but I am posting this because there are improvements.
    If you enter a streaming address in .pls format in the Internet Radio app, it will not play. For example,

http://serpent0.duckdns.org:8088/kbsfm.pls

This address is the abbreviated streaming address of Korea's KBS CLASSIC FM broadcasting, but currently only the very long original streaming address can be played.

In addition, since the streaming address changes periodically, it is inconvenient to have to re-register the address every time the radio is not playing.

I think it will be more satisfying if .pls is supported in the next update.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
    Miki222 likes this.
  7. pippo pluto

pippo pluto New Member

when i play an album from qobuz I can't add it as a favourite, only the single song

8. anddrej

anddrej New Member

Hello,

it will be very good to add transition between one and another music. (Set time) and transition between sources.

For example:

now im playing music from Tidal and switching to...let say library and choose to play song...Tidal stops...silence...and them music starting to play.

And will be much better if music from Tidal will transit to music in library...so no silence...and same between playing tracks.

9. CatManDude

CatManDude New Member

I'll second this request! I just took delivery of my DMP-A6 ME and I absolutely love it. I have it set up next to my Vintage McIntosh C28 and MC240. I would absolutely love to see McIntosh style VU meters as well. They would look so nice next to my Mac gear!

Lesfetes likes this.
  10. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

I am sure this is in this thread somewhere - just to make sure it is not forgotten: M3U ;-)
    • Support for M3U playlists (play directly using absolute / relative paths)
    • Upload M3U using upload page (right now they are not accepted by the script)
    • Possibility to import M3U as playlist
    • Possibility to export M3U from the playlist feature
    • Export of "Favorite Tracks" to M3U
    • Function to clear all "Favorites" markers

Farscape and Amnesiac like this.
  11. Monkey3017

Monkey3017 Member

4 wishes for the IP API:
    • fix bug that "ZidooFileControl/openFile" only works when screen is on (no screensaver)
    • add option to add a track to the top of the playing cue
    • add option to add a track to the end of the playing cue
    • add new API method to clear playing cue

12. bob911

bob911 New Member

Hello!
    I installed an ssd drive on my eversolo.
    I copied my media library, and now I would like to filter it by year, but there is no such option.(((
    Developers, could you add a filter by year in the new firmware?

I think this is a very important and convenient option not only for me.

Jasper999 likes this.
  13. Tore Carstensen

Tore Carstensen New Member

I miss the possibility to change Input level.
    This feature is useful to equalize signal level on all inputs to avoid jump in volume when changing Input.
    I have this feature on my Burmester 032 Amp. But now I use A6 for TV, CD and other Sources.
    Is it possible by a SW upgrade?

14. vit

vit New Member

My wish (not original) is Eversolo to start every track ftom the very beginning, not a second later on HDMI output. It's very frustrating starting eg. Bach's Toccata and fuge d minor not hearing first sound attack!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
    Miki222 likes this.
  15. Doug?cb

Doug?cb New Member

My wish for the DMP A6 is room correction. I mean wiim is developing it for their wiim pro's and pro pluses, I suppose its also possible for the A6?

16. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

You can use PEQ for that.

You’ll need the free Room EQ Wizard software and a USB microphone like the miniDSP Umik.

It’s not as easy as just waving your phone around for a minute (like Sonos) but it gives you a better understanding of what you are actually doing.

This video could be a start:

Vinnie likes this.
  17. Doug?cb

Doug?cb New Member

Thank you very much for your reply, I will try that way and report back.

18. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

19. Jammer

Jammer Member

Hi All, there's something missing on PEQ. in the sese that usually when you measure with REW (and others) you can occur on different PEQ's needed for L and R: at moment is not possible to have separate configuration.

In any case could be a great step forward to integrate NAA bridge (HQPlayer) protocol like Gustard and many other Streamers to help solve all strange cases.
    using NAA room correction could be easily externalized and quality greatly enhanced: perhaps remains some glitches for metadata

Many thanks

20. NGSm

NGSm New Member

My wish for the DMP-A6 is that a digital-in signal could be paired with a digital-out signal, rather than limiting digital-in to analog-out. I use the DMP-A6 as a streaming transport only with an external DAC (Denafrips Aries 12th-1 & IRIS DDC). I also have a CD Transport, and while I can connect the CD Transport directly to my DAC via Coax, I think it would be awesome to be able to route it through the DMP-A6 in order to get the benefit of the DMP-A6's cool VU meters while playing a CD. This may be a narrow use case, I know, but I guess I am hoping that it would not be a terribly difficult software tweak that would permit digital-in (via either Toslink or Coax) and then digital out (via USB). Otherwise, I love my DMP-A6, it really is an awesome unit. How about it Eversolo??

Monkey3017 likes this.