KODI - ZDMC - MATRIX 19.5 - NEXUS 20 - 21

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by DELUCAS, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Does anyone know if editing the playercorefactory.xml file for ZDMC to mark movies as watched as soon as I press play, would work? Also how I would go about doing it. Thanks!

2. Wacko37

Wacko37 New Member

Sadly I don't think it's possible and welcome to my disappointment of owning a zidoo.

I asked and searched high and low but to no avail, I seen someone mention using Trakt within HT4 and using that to sync the watched info back to Kodi / Jellyfin (if you use it) but to be honest the zidoo Z9X pro as a Kodi player has been nothing but a disappointment. None of the player add-ons work either as it's an external player being used with zdmc.

Don't get me wrong the zidoo is an incredible player, the DV looks amazing.

I will be selling my 2 week old zidoo and I've just ordered a Dunehd homatics R 4k plus and will be installing coreelec / Kodi.

Happy Xmas

3. BREY

BREY Member

4. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

5. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

The only thing that needs fixing is the skin changing bug that has been present for 8 years. It seems Zidoo can't rap their heads around fixing something so simple yet so important. I really don't think they even read this topic since it has been brought up at least 16 times in the past 2 years alone and nothing has been done. The only way to change skins is to get a text editor from the play store and manually switch the name of the skin in one of the config files to the one you're changing it to. Which is seriously pathetic cause finding that one entry of code amongst all the other code is a pain in the ars, then you have to use the stupid air mouse to navigate the text editor, plus you have to know the exact name that skin uses in its own configuration file to even activate it properly.

azon1951 likes this.
  6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

KODI 20.4 Nexus, available for download and install

New version available for download of Kodi 20.4 “Nexus”. This will be one of the last V20 versions before the arrival of KODI 21 Omega.

This new Kodi Nexus v20.4 offers bug fixes and improvements over the previous version. The most important change of Nexus is AV1 codec support for Android, Linux and streaming. In any case, we have versions available for Windows in 32 and 64bit compilations in addition to the compilations for Android in ARM V7A format for greater compatibility and ARM V8A for Shield TV or similar.

7. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Let’s give it a try!!

8. Oldpainless

Oldpainless Active Member

As this is the last version of a v20 rc, it would be nice to get a ZDMC 20.4....fingers crossed!

9. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

10. Oldpainless

azon1951 likes this.
  11. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

I'm having an issue where it wont' pass through DTS HD MA. It just shows up on my receiver as regular DTS. Is this a common issue? I have pass through enabled in the ZDMC settings and i also checked the dts box. Is there anything else I need to do to fix this?

Also, playback is very choppy and the audio is cutting out on files. Not sure why? I don't have this issue with the zidoo player.

Just wondering if anyone has run into these things befrore and if so, how you fixed it (if possible). I need to use ZDMC for certain file formats that the Zidoo player cannot decode.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
  12. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

Never heard of this. And you don’t have to touch any settings in ZDMC there’s are for the Kodi player nobody uses. What happens if you play the file with the Zidoo Explorer from the main menu? ZDMC is just a GUI all the work does the (external) Zidoo player.

13. Oldpainless

This might explain the issue you have - http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/kodi-zdmc-matrix-19-5-nexus-20-21.85718/page-32#post-204885

azon1951 likes this.
  14. Jimbo Randy

I don't understand. The zidoo player refuses to play certain formats (i.e. 10 bit avc.) Don't you need the Kodi player in that case?

15. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Still no 20.4...:(

I thought Nexus is the fastest Kodi version but the latest Omega is like 15-20 smoother using Arctic Fuse skin. I'm using it for like 2 months now and I'm loving the experience except that I need to manually change the frame rate everytime I'm watching...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
    Oldpainless likes this.
  16. Jimbo Randy

Last edited: Feb 19, 2024
  17. Oldpainless

Which of your issues was not solved? Audio or choppy choppy playback.

The ZDMC 20.2 is about the same as the main branch 20.2.

I use ZDMC mainly as the front end presentation layer.

Jimbo Randy likes this.
  18. Jimbo Randy

Both, ha. Can't get DTS HD MA passthrough AND it creates choppy playback. But like I said, I'll just use my Shield/Plex combo for those pesky weird anime formats (i.e. 10 bit x264) that the Zidoo player cannot decode. Not a huge deal! There aren't many of them.

Oldpainless likes this.
  19. Oldpainless

Ok and cool.

Jimbo Randy likes this.
  20. azon1951

azon1951 Active Member

Hoping that ZDMC will be updated to v20.5 while waiting for Kodi Omega.

Oldpainless likes this.