Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

changelog they have showing is only up to .65 so not sure whats in it but i see the Music player apk file changed from .13 to .15 so hopefully theres finally a working fix for no MCH audio

MCH audio still not fixed ,thou they are getting closer
    Its now outputting correctly at 176khz ,but only in stereo ,not 5.1 channel as it should (to match what is working on older models and what product was sold as having working )

small steps i guess :p

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    Staff49 likes this.
  2. KJC

KJC Member

What's the point of offering this release then? :rolleyes:

3. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

just means they didnt post the updated changelog
    it is an alpha for testing ,were just lucky to get it

MCH audio and the EDID changing occasionally are only two issues i grab the updates for ,since i dont get the stutter or pause issues and i never use HT so no issues with scrapping
    I still wonder if i get no stutters etc because i set framerate to 24 .not the recommended 23 frames

4. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

No, that is not why you are not getting stutters...... and by setting your display resolution to 24hz means that you will still get the HDMI black screen resyncs when you start the vast majority of movies that are 23.976 Unless you are not using Matching frame rate? And if that is the case, then most certainly you are getting stutters. If you want to mimimize HDMI resyncs, set your output for 23Hz instead (Zidoo's version of 23.976).

Markswift2003 and blenky like this.
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Exactly that ^

6. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

This 1.0.80 test version firmware is completely useless for my setup. When I entered the Zidoo's setup menu, the player froze, some movies had blue and green images, some movies caused the Z9x Pro to freeze.
    I had to do a recovery install of firmware 1.0.52. Back to 1.0.75 everything works again.
    Maybe some have no problems with firmware 1.0.80, but for me with my setup that 1.0.80 firmware made the player completely unusable.

So this is only a warning

McBluna and JackMikkers like this.
  7. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

Maybe the one large HDMI handshake at the start is why i dont have any issues with stutters or the larger one where you have to pause /play to fix the issue
    And my players been that way for ages
    .52 had lots of weird issues during playback ,thou for me ,almost all were just the EDID loss issue
    .60 on ,the EDID loss was occurring a lot less thou it does still happen in .75 very rarely

8. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

That's the reason why I've added the post a disclaimer you've to agree.

9. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Anyone else having issues with this scaling? It's getting tiresome to have to different scaling with each resolution. For 1080p correct scaling is 96%, while for 2160p is 98%. If I fix one, it breaks the other...

Attached Files:

10. Markswift2003

I know it's all very clever posting internal betas (this one was again aimed at my box) but I can tell you the devs are mightily pissed off with you for doing it.

This time because they're on holiday from today, I guess they forgot and put it on the wrong server again - the last few times we've used somewhere else.

You, as a software programmer, I'd expect to have a little more respect for IPR - since this firmware is not in the public domain, you are stealing and disseminating someone elses IPR without their consent.

I'd also expect you to understand that in doing so, you put users at risk of, at best, pissing them off, and at worst, bricking their box.

This particular firmware is actually quite stable (on my box) but there have been a few that contained serious regressions that could potentially cause a brick.

I certainly don't want to fall out with you over this - your contribution here is significant, most excellent and most welcome, but I'm in agreement with the devs over this.

blenky, darky_zidoo and McBluna like this.
  11. Markswift2003

That has to be display behaviour - Assuming you've left Screen Scale at the default 100%, the Zidoo outputs 1080p at 1920x1080px and 2160p at 3840x2160px with no scaling.

12. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Fair point.

So the devs are now on holiday. And there was me hoping for a new beta to play with before they went!

KJC likes this.
  13. Nissel

Nissel Member

If your display is an OLED this could be the pixel shifting causing a slight overscan as the image moves around. I'd just leave it at 100% scaling and ignore it.

14. Staff49

Staff49 New Member

zidoo customer service is very bad, I sent my edid more than 1 month ago and no response, since I got my zidoo I have problems with dolby vision, on the sheild tv pro 2019, the fire tv cube 2022, apple tv 4k 2022 no problem.
    I bought zidoo to avoid using applications like infuse, emby, plex, jellifin etc...
    but it works better than my zidoo
    I am very disappointed I think there are incompatibilities between zidoo and Panasonic TV.

KJC likes this.
  15. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

I think I'm not the only one having this TV, even the same model, in this case an LG C2, so if it was the TV, it should happen to everyone that has one. Also, not sure if the default is 100%, when in the developer menu there is a 95% zoom setting that is active by default. No issue with other devices either, only with Zidoo.

Pixel shift doesn't cut that much from the image or from all sides, like in the Sony screenshot above, it shifts the screen one direction at a time. Also, I always disable pixel shifting, as it's useless in terms of panel protection and it just annoys my OCD having one bezel bigger than the rest, same reason why I have an issue with this scaling. At 100% part of the image is lost, plus seeing clear signs of elements falling outside of screen, like the above image with the side letters being only half visible.

16. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Found the fix or at least a workaround. I forced the aspect ratio just scan to On on the Zidoo input and it corrects the scaling. For some reason with Zidoo, having the just scan option on auto doesn't work even with Original ratio set. As this happens only with Zidoo, can't conclude that it's a TV issue.

17. Markswift2003

Regardless, if you haven't messed about with Screen Scale then 1080p outputs 1920x1080px and 2160p outputs 3840x2160px.

There is no scaling at all.

The 95% setting is not in Developer Settings, it's in Advanced Settings/Video and is off by default.

Screen Scale and 95% Zoom Mode interact but under normal circumstances there is absolutely no reason to touch either of them.

18. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Well, for some reason it's on and even if I turn it off, it turns itself back on again.

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have an LG C2 and have zero issues with over scan at any resolution.

Zidoo settings:
    Screen scale: 100%
    Screen ratio:
    • Ratio: Normal(16:9)
    • Display Mode: Compression
    Advanced Settings: 95% Zoom Mode is off (default)

LG C2 settings
    Picture\Aspect Ratio
    • User Selection: Original
    • Just Scan: On

20. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

Thanks. As mentioned above I switch the Just Scan to On and it looks fine now, but for some reason, the 95% zoom option keeps switching back to On and it was one from the get go. Just now I switched it off again, played again with some content, went back and it was switched On again... When i switch it Off again, it does nothing, but if I manually switch it On, it Zooms out the image. Maybe it's a false active state on the slider and the option is actually off.