New version 1.2.50/1.2.80 for DMP-A6/DMP-A8 release

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by mirror, Jan 31, 2024.

1. _Richard_

_Richard_ Active Member

Wait, or do the update via USB.

Robert Crawford likes this.
  2. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

????????

I am just listening to amazon music with the new firmware...
    Nothing forgotten and nothing buggy here.

3. Mister L

Mister L Active Member

Why don`t you download and install manually? What is the problem?

4. Inti

Inti Active Member

Have you tried to cut the power off and on to restart

5. Mithrandir_1980

Mithrandir_1980 New Member

I just updated. I have installed Apple Music Classical following the document you have where the changelog and as you say to modify the play quality you have to press the 3 points to enter settings just like in apple music but in this one I do not appear. In the photo you put the sidebar is hidden and in my application covers the 3 points... can it be hidden?

6. Stuj

Stuj Member

Yes, I can confirm that moving from 1.44 beta to 1.50 has indeed removed Squeeze connect…..

7. Lazarus

Lazarus New Member

Sorry but I'm a total idiot when it comes to things like this. I have no idea have to do it..... I guess I will have to wait.

8. Dr. Audio

Dr. Audio Member

After you do the update, look in settings in the Home Page in the Cast function on the iPad (not in the sidebar on the LEFT but the app view in Cast). Also, on the iPhone go to Cast and use the settings there. You get to the Home page on the iPad and iPhone by hitting the home plate in sidebar on RIGHT (second from bottom) There you will find Settings ->Display-> Automatically hide navigation bar. Turn it On. This is explained in the log where there is a Word document near the end at point 30 that explains how to use AM Classical and shows a picture of the navigation bar which can move.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
    Mithrandir_1980 and Nutul like this.
  9. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

30. Added third-party app automatic hide navigation bar function (Settings - Display - Automatically Hide Navigation Bar

10. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Reboot A6 should find the Squeeze connect there.

11. j2j

j2j Member

Bug noted: When playing music in my collection, music might be stopped after few music played. Can not shift to other music but get a message : “the music is loss and will automatically play next music” but nothing happened.
    And need to re-start the A6 to return to normal condition but repeated failure again!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2024
  12. mp1405

mp1405 New Member

Please can you explain what you mean with "reboot A6".

By the way I did after updating 1.2.30-1.2.44-1.2.50 an factory default reset.

Still no Squeeze Connector

13. Path8022

Path8022 Member

I had the same issue as you not long after the update came out. A reboot didn't solve the issue at the time. But they have fixed the missing icon in the interim and a reboot now does indeed make the Squeeze Control icon magically reappear.

mp1405 likes this.
  14. Stuj

Stuj Member

I can confirm like others, a reboot now displays Squeeze Connect…

15. mp1405

mp1405 New Member

YES......

confirming, reboot brings Squeeze Connect Icon back (under steaming connection)

How is this possible? Are the connections links pulled down from the cloud or did they push something during a reboot to the box? Is this what you called interim?

16. Stuj

Stuj Member

Black magic back at the mothership at Eversolo….. makes you wonder if Eversolo was to pull the pin… would our boxes stop working ??? Thought of the day

17. Path8022

Path8022 Member

Black magic indeed!!

That thought for the day was pretty terrifying so just did a quick check by blocking the Eversolo's internet access in my router.

As expected no streaming services were able to work but thankfully everything local (LMS, Subsonic, Jellyfin etc) were unaffected. Phew..

Stuj likes this.
  18. Arcticpollen

Arcticpollen Active Member

The stability of the Squeeze Connect function seems to be fixed in this version. In 1.2.44, it would drop the player registration on the LMS. The DMP now seems to be a more permanent fixture as a listed player in my iPeng app.

19. mp1405

mp1405 New Member

I think they did a great job with the "Squeeze Connect" integration. Got my box yesterday and now I be absolutely happy with the A6.

Great sound and LMS that will boost the box hype once more.

Nutul likes this.
  20. Stuj

Stuj Member

Thanks for doing that. I’d say that would be the result i would expect. The same would be for others observations about the version of Android once the apps get too old to be supported… im happy to live with that