Beta version v1.0.75 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Jan 9, 2024.

1. KJC

KJC Member

We all should speak for it then may be zidoo devops will work on its fix.
    Zidoo is a high end device . They should at least offer stability n flexibility.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    JackMikkers likes this.
  2. KJC

KJC Member

Doesn't seem like a fix to me.

3. Acne

Acne New Member

One quick question:
    Is a 20TB Drive directly connected via USB gonna be a problem for the Z9X Pro?

Or should I use eSATA?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
  4. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I have 14 18TB drives connected to 2 USB hubs plugged in to the Z9X and never had issues. As long as the hard drive has its own power supply.

Simon Belmont likes this.
  5. WRBreland

WRBreland Member

Why not? I can scroll down to U and select Underworld Evolution and be watching in not very many seconds. I really did like the way Zappiti Video had a pane that you could select numerical and alphabetical 123, A, B, C.....Z. This is similar except you can not go straight to U like you could with Zappiti.

The folks at R_volution say they may offer R_Video to Zidoo owners at some point. If they do I will check it out.

6. jt5298

jt5298 Member

Well this is a little discouraging. I just got my Z2000 and am still trying to get it to recognize my HDD. I formatted to NTFS but was told my firmware 1.0.52 needs to be updated to the new 1.0.75 in order to see the HDD and also to be able to use the SMB server.
    I hope upgrading to the new firmware doesn't cause me any issues like some here.

7. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

It is not necessarily supposed to be a fix... but I think it is nice suggestion of an alternative for those suffering with the poor performance with very large collections on the regular HT4 format.

8. geebolt

geebolt Member

You can format to EXFat which works with the old firmware. I've updated to .75 and I have no intention or desire to go back with my Z2600.

9. jt5298

jt5298 Member

So what you're saying is the .75 firmware for you is working fine and you would not want to go back to the old firmware?

10. geebolt

geebolt Member

Correct. But if you'd rather not update then EXFat format will work with .52

11. jt5298

jt5298 Member

Okay, got it. Thanks.

12. KJC

KJC Member

Bored of the existing UI. Is there any User Interface changing app for zidoo?

13. cbnbmore

cbnbmore New Member

If we don’t have the new firmware OTA by now chances are slim we see one before the end of February as the Chinese New Year is now on. At this point I would suggest any new buyer looking for a Zidoo media player seek one of the prior models probably available at a good price used that has a mature firmware as these new models leave much to be desired as far as support.

14. magelo

magelo New Member

I switched to the black Zidoo interface from McBlue a long time ago

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
    KJC likes this.
  15. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

Any screen shots to see whether it's nice before to install it?

16. magelo

magelo New Member

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      447.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      695.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
    KJC likes this.
  17. Evangelos

Evangelos New Member

Could you post a link to the USB hubs you are using? I have such bad experience with USB hubs that i stopped looking. Like you i would rather connect my 18TB drives directly to Zidoo so same setup!

18. TheRedDevil7

TheRedDevil7 New Member

Good evening,
    it's a deepl transaction sorry.
    It's really strange all this firmware stuff.
    Let me explain, when I bought the UHD5000 supplied with version 1.0.52, I had quite a few bugs on the REMUX UHD DV DOLBY TRUEHD, in particular framerate drops or slowdowns when, for example, the action suddenly sped up, or sometimes a sound cut-off of a few milliseconds. And many of you didn't have this problem.
    Today I've switched to the .75 and I'm up to 2 REMUX UHD DV THD and perfect playback.
    It's beyond comprehension.

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Hoping they get a new firmware out before the Chinese New Year!

20. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Fingers crossed - mind you, I'll be in the Maldives soon after so I may not have a lot of focus on media players by that stage... ;)

darky_zidoo and blenky like this.