DMP-A8: Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A8' started by ammar11, Nov 1, 2023.

1. BillyVegas

BillyVegas Member

Yes , what Anotek said … it’s like that for all inputs ….
    I’m running the latest iOS app on all devices except one , it’s like that on all devices running the latest app - starting with the version before the newest one - except one iPad running a app version 2 generations older….

not a biggie , just an app glitch.

bk

2. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

This DSP ON icon issue should be fixed on firmware v1.2.70. Even if it’s only happening on the control app they still need to be in sync, which is why when there’s a new firmware version you will also get a new app version at the same time.

3. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

I don’t know if it is possible hardware wise, but a room measurement would be nice to make good use of the advanced DSP functionality.
    Eversolo could sell this a an extra option. USB microphone maybe?

4. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

Room EQ Wizard (free) and a cheap mic like UMIK-1 will do the trick already. Import as FIR filter.

Click the question mark for info:

IMG_0211.jpeg

5. EverA8

EverA8 New Member

I have found that the list in the "Genres" screen ist not in alphabetic order.
    K640_Bildschirmfoto 2023-12-31 um 15.16.30 Genre Folder.JPG
    I think this should be since if one has a lot of genres in his database it takes some wasted time to search in this non alphabetic list.

Not to forget: Happy New Year to all!!!!

Pottering likes this.
  6. benma

benma Member

I would like to have a bit more margin when playing DSD music. As said, I use the A8 as a preamp.

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I think with the EQs you can achieve it; cannot be sure about clipping / distortion though, as appliying EQ usually involves lowering the gain (in order to be able to also safely rise some frequencies, not only lower them)
    DSD in theory never clips, so you might give it a try; just increase the gain in the EQ settings, and leave the EQ itself flat.

8. benma

benma Member

Thanks for the advice, but DSP unfortunately only works on PCM format up to max. 192k. Also, when I created a DSP profile that had +5dB gain only, the sound was distorted.

9. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

happy new year and thanks for the reply!
    I have looked into it, but it is too complicated for me.

10. EverA8

EverA8 New Member

@Barry1969
    Sorry, don't understand what is complicated with my request for a list with genres in alphabetic order?

11. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

Sorry, I meant this subject, the room wizard and to import a fir filter……..

12. Bergholdt

It looks way more complicated than it is.

Room EQ Wizard can do many more things than you need.

The Eversolo guide / PDF explains the setup. Click the questionmark (DSP in the left menu then DSP Config and the plus icon to create a config then FIR filter)

IMG_0218.jpeg

Or just follow this link to the PDF.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DZOYd1hO-6NtUy7VWn3waLtcIgbUIUEf/view

There are many Youtube videos about how to use Room EQ Wizard.

In a week or two, I’ll do some measurements and I’ll compile a list of videos to watch… and websites to look at.

Hopefully, I can do a little write up about ‘how to’… (if nobody beats me to it)

As I mentioned before, I have spend a couple years on learning the basics of room acoustics and have watched thousands of videos. Not that this is what everybody needs to do, but yes, it can look complicated and it might look way too complicated at first.

One thing that they don’t explain very well on Youtube, is how to cable everything but of course this might be different from setup to setup.

zipe and Nutul like this.
  13. EverA8

EverA8 New Member

As written in my thread “Playlist issues and questions” we have found the A6 and A8 don’t recognize playlists at external USB-Drives and NAS drives.

Our well known member Nutul has written a perfect conclusion there:

“This only means the A8 doesn't look for .m3u files when scanning for music (and indeed playlists are not part of cataloging music tracks to the internal database).
    What the A8 could do, indeed, is be aware of such playlists and import them... A software update could help; this is entirely software related”.

I put it here in the feature requests thread also to avoid that it will be forgotten.

Playlists are basic function of a streaming device!!!

Anøtek likes this.
  14. Barry1969

Barry1969 New Member

Thanks bergholdt,

maybe I can try your manual, if easy enough…..
    My setup is simple; eversolo a8-purify power amp-dynaudio speakers

uploading fir filters to my eversolo seems not easy
    And measuring with rew software on iPhone or MacBook, hmmm

Seems like a big hassle and possibly frustrating job.

15. Bergholdt

As I see it, you will need a USB mic like the miniDSP umik-1 or umik-2 connected to labtop via usb.

Labtop should have headphone out (minijack probably) and then a cable from stereo minijack to single or dual male XLR (connected to XLR in on the A8).

Room EQ Wizard sends out a ‘sweep’ (frequencies from 20 to 20.000 hz) through the headphone out to the A8 which plays it through one speaker.

This takes a few seconds.

Room EQ Wizard generates the .wav files that need to be uploaded to the A8 (I guess, via usb-stick).

iPhone cannot be used as mic.

The ‘complicated’ part is the Room EQ Wizard software and understanding the few settings you need to make. But I would not be too scared of that.

www.roomeqwizard.com already link to a few Youtube videos on ‘how to use REW’.

All of this is done to make the A8 output less bass in your room’s problem areas (room modes / standing waves).

These frequencies can be calculated with just your room’s dimensions at: https://amcoustics.com/tools/amroc (choose ‘shoe-box shaped room’) for a basic understanding (then type in your room dimensions).

My room:
    IMG_0219.jpeg

My last rew measurement that shows my room modes:

IMG_0220.jpeg

If the interest is big enough and you have the time to read a bit, it should be understandable to most.

But I agree, it did look like a lot to take in when I started out.

Nutul likes this.
  16. Purité Audio

Purité Audio Active Member

REW is pretty straightforward, just to add after the initial measurements left, right and both channels together if you press the ‘EQ’ function on the header bar, REW works our the filters you need, I would start off with less negative gain than REW suggests, listen and then adjust.
    If anyone needs a hand I can talk you through it.
    Keith

Anøtek and Nutul like this.
  17. Ebag4

Ebag4 New Member

I posted a question in this thread on December 30, it indicates it must be approved before posting. Do I have to initiate that with the moderator?

Thanks,
    Ed

18. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

19. Ebag4

Ebag4 New Member

Thanks Nutul, I am referring to a subsequent post, when logged in it show as the second post on page 7. It says it is waiting for moderator approval

Thanks,
    Ed

20. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I am on page seven now, and the 2nd post is not yours... maybe you see it because it is yours... what # does it carry?
    (it's the first time I see something like this... unless it contains ambiguous words...)