Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Internal betas always target specific issues at the expense of others. They are usually aimed at specific boxes (in this case, mine) and will often contain regressions and unexpected behaviour.

There is a risk of bricking your box because certain checks are often omitted since it's not a full compilation of all fixes. If you don't know how to unbrick a box with a UART then I suggest waiting for the public release.

Public release is due next week.

(changed my mind on predictions :) )

by96, blenky, vddan and 3 others like this.
  2. Creator44

Creator44 Member

Nice! I also noticed that problem on my S95B HDR10+ TV.

By the way DristoforColumb, you can force HDR instead of Auto in the Zidoo settings and the HDR10+ layer will play for DV profile 8 + HDR10+ files.

But yeah, it's an hassle we don't want.

3. Thanh Nguyen

Thanh Nguyen Member

I'm saying the pink tint on my picture is from QD-Oled lack of polarizer filter. But it's completely inky black that movie on that scene with 1.0.65.

4. Thanh Nguyen

Thanh Nguyen Member

Most Media Players will not play those non movie standard codecs. I think Windows needs a codec pack to even play that format as well. It's to be expected.

5. lanz

lanz Member

6. KristianR

KristianR New Member

When the stable update arrives, in a few days, how are you supposed to update, from the beta firmware?!

7. geebolt

geebolt Member

From USB.

8. KristianR

KristianR New Member

Thanks, so there should be no problem installing the stable firmware over the beta firmware

9. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

The current firmware is beta and so will the next one. There is no issue updating.

10. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I copy the firmware over to my attached NAS and install from there. Don't need to install from USB.

11. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

So we are getting a new firmware before the end of the year? I guess from previous comments this won't have totally fixed the TrueHD judder - as the devs don't seem to be able to replicate it?

12. Markswift2003

I've been told a there will be "an official version released next week" ...

Took a while, but this firmware totally fixes the TrueHD judder - there was in partial internal fix a week or so ago but the latest fixes every issue I can throw at it.

dr4go and blenky like this.
  13. Markswift2003

I do the same.

14. supermood

supermood Active Member

hi @Markswift2003 would be great if you could note this one here NOT REALLY IMPORTANT / URGENT - especially aslo to my other 20 wishes... but maybe sometime...

I've download it think it was called NASA 100 best pictures ever or something like that for my screensaver.
    many of the pics have +60mb! looks great on my oled...

1. as there is no shuffle or other sort option I'm always seeing the same

2. as for some, the load time is longer then the time the Pic is usually shown, it don't see them at all... ;)
    15 sec and 25 or so to choose would be great..

15. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Do you mean the built in screen saver? It's very limited. I bought the app 'Fotoo' from the play store. Its photo frame slide show app which can be configured to use photos from a local network, Zidoo internal storage, Google Photos, Google drive, OneDrive. It kicks in when Zidoo is in stop mode but not when you pause a video - that defaults to the official inbuilt screen saver.

16. supermood

supermood Active Member

yes built in. for me only the screen saver with pause is relevant.

works for me no other app needed (besides the annoying subtitles that are still visible which is a absolute no go) and the 2 things I reported now

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
  17. Markswift2003

The screen saver is the screensaver - I doubt anything is going to change. Personally I use fanart from all my movies and that works very well and you don't really perceive any repetition.

As for the subtitles persisting over the screensaver, that's been on my bug list forever since early Z9X days and just never gets fixed. Not a clue why it's ignored.

18. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

On the topic of subtitles, I myself don't have issues with persistent ones over the screensaver, but my issue is with ASS subs, as there is quite a delay until they are being displayed. Usually anime episodes I have seen using this format and if there is dialog from the beginning of the episode, I won't understand anything.

Downloading other ASS subs manifest the same issue, while SRT subs seem to work fine, but without the bells and whistles of the ASS format, which I kinda like with anime.

Any chance we will see a fix regarding the DV RGB tunneling messing the black floor and breaking true blacks or is this chipset inherent? LLDV is even worse.

Z9X Pro and LG C2 user.

19. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have a Z9X Pro and LG C2. DV always looks perfect to me - either TV or player led. What is your issue with PQ? Have you an example that I can look at?

20. Azreil24

Azreil24 Member

It's a known fact it seems that the DV RGB tunneling through Realtek boxes actually still does some processing and it breaks true blacks as the signal sent already has the luminance processed although it shouldn't when TV Led DV option is used. The same content played directly through the TV's built-in media player does not manifest this issue. Yesterday I found this clip which seems to confirm this:

Not sure on what setup you have in terms of calibration, but my C2 is calibrated. The issue is noticeable in a pitch black room. An example is the start of Lord of the Rings, where the title is showing, and where the screen around it should be basically pure black, so pixels off, but with the Zidoo they are actually not. I have seen this discussed a few days ago also in other threads, but can't remember which.

Jacob likes this.