Beta version v1.0.65 for Z9X Pro/Z20 Pro/Z2000 Pro/Z2600/UHD5000 release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619BPD)' started by Markswift2003, Nov 16, 2023.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not sure what's going on here - I don't have a 3D TV but I can see if a Frame Packed signal is sent or not using a Vertex.

If I load a 3D EDID, regardless of whether the box is using VS10 or not, if I play a frame packed video, the output is correctly set to 1080p Rec.709 3D-FP. If I had a 3D TV this should trigger it.

This is with HDR set to "Dolby Vision Engine (Output HDR)".

And just to note that the EDID page on the Zidoo reports 3D not supported but this is just a bug in EDID reporting and not in functionality - It's always done that, even on the older 1619DR boxes.

upload_2023-12-19_9-13-11.png

2. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Has anyone else noticed a raised black floor on DV content? I got the Z9X Pro together with my LG G3 and the screen is glowing in dark grey when I feel like it should be completely black. DSC_0758.JPG

3. Markswift2003

There was an issue with black floor on the background layer behind cropped content until recently, but that was fixed and there's certainly no problem with video levels now.

4. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I have a LG C2 and there is no issue with blacks in DV. Yesterday I watched the new Titanic UHD and the blacks were inky! It must be a source or TV setting issue?

5. Thanh Nguyen

Thanh Nguyen Member

Either your TV or the source. Just played that exact movie on the Z9x Pro. And it's completely inky black. Pink tint is just QD-OLED thing with ambient light on black, only shows up on camera.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  6. KJC

KJC Member

Hello all,

Here I'm unable to playback some files on my Z9X pro. It says "Can't play file". I'm on latest beta firmware.
    Anybody explain why so?
    Installing ZDMC or KODI might help????

upload_2023-12-21_12-4-23.png

7. Thanh Nguyen

Thanh Nguyen Member

My guess is it doesn't support ProRes format. It also gives the same error when playing those non standardise Hi10P encodes

8. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

id say run it thru mkvtoolnix ,convert it to an mkv file type
    Shouldnt have any issues then
    First thing ive always done with those apple quicktime files to make sure theyll be compatible with android players ive had

9. KJC

KJC Member

You guys are incredible thank you very much for guiding me. Tried mkvtoolnix way to fix the playback but no luck.
    ZDMC or KODI can fix it?
    If "yes" then Where can I get ZDMC and KODI.apk files?

10. Thanh Nguyen

Thanh Nguyen Member

KODI probably not I can see ProRes on their support list but only the ProRes HDR DCI-P3 which is format used for UHD Formats your video is only 1080p. You can try converting ProRes to x264 or x265 with Handbrake it's free

11. KJC

KJC Member

Thanks!
    Did conversion using mkvtoolnix but still not playable. Will do the transcoding with Handbrake(Such an amazing software...Thanks!).

Tried installing Kodi on my Z9X pro but it's not allowing to access the external hard drive to access the files. Any help will be much appreciated.

(Sorry for my nescience.
    Kodi and ZDMC are two different software, right?
    Both are compatible with Z9X pro, right?)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
  12. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

To get access to the external hard drives, install this zdmc version. It only works with this version
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zdmc-20.2_rtk.apk

dr4go likes this.
  13. KJC

KJC Member

Thanks man!
    Still not working.
    I wasn't aware with the fact that Zidoo lacks so many of the media/video formats.
    Even ZDMC is unable to play these files.

14. Jacob

Jacob New Member

Yes, it's not as noticable as the background layer. It only shows when it's pitch black in the room. But I have seen it in alot of movies via the player, but I haven't noticed it when playing DV content on Netflix.

I'm using the 1.0.65 fw.

It's not a QD-OLED :) It's extra noticable in the picture I took, it's not that bright irl.

I've gone through the recommended settings for the player. The only thing that makes the black floor be completely black is lowering "Black level" in the TV's settings to 46-47 from the default 50, but I lose some shadow detail then.

I have the player connected directly to the TV and I've tried 2 different cables of decent quality.

Could it be that my player is defective?

Thanks for answers and help :)

15. DristoforColumb

DristoforColumb New Member

@Markswift2003 As I understand there is no way right now to play the HDR layer in a hybrid file if Dolby Vision is Profile 8? Because on my Samsung I always get Dolby Vision layer processed by VS10 in such cases. With Profile 7 HDR is playing correctly

16. Markswift2003

Not yet, but it's fixed in the next release.

Creator44 likes this.
  17. DristoforColumb

DristoforColumb New Member

18. Markswift2003

Sorry no - I've given up with predicting because I'm always wrong :)

dr4go and DennisTheMenace like this.
  19. KJC

KJC Member

Contacted Zidoo service and they said next update will be available in January 2024.

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  20. 9800pro

9800pro New Member

There is a new test firmware, if there is someone brave enough :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2023
    dr4go and DennisTheMenace like this.