Beta version v6.4.65 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000, v6.7.85 for NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Dec 7, 2023.

1. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

This X 1000.... I truly feel for those who feel that the ZIDOO hasn't lived up to some of the promises that were made on the tin.... but for me, it's virtual elimination of micro stutters places it head and shoulders above what I lose with the more polished SHIELD experience...

2. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

While it is unfortunate that blurays and their BD menus were designed so poorly with BDJava and made so restrictive to our own playback... I agree with @Markswift2003 that they are "unholy abomination" (my words, not his to be fair!) and the very best reason for ripping my own collection was to be rid of them. If the menu and special features experience are wanted for some weird reason, I pop in the disc in the old player. But otherwise my suggestion is load those ISOs in MakeMkv and create the movie only file and enjoy the refreshing simplicity and quality that comes with the experience of menu-free playback! ;)

vddan, crutzulee and Markswift2003 like this.
  3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I can see a bun fight coming :D

4. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Nice to see you again Mark,

Still loyal to your post after all these years.

-----------------

Yes, it's happening again, but whose fault is it Mark...?

for the undecideds who haven't yet chosen a box and who will read this message...

Choose Zidoo for those who don't prioritize Bdmenu support.
    For users who value 100% BD menu support, choose a multimedia box from zidoo's direct competitor.

5. Enet

Enet Active Member

If by weird reason you mean a classic movie that has been given the full works and a menu befitting the title with the extras? Yes I want to experience the whole thing, not just the movie itself. For most movies I just rip the movie, but for RAN or even the recent release of Jaws I want to experience the whole thing.

Letmein and Michael A. like this.
  6. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

TMM or tiny media manager is a program that runs on your PC. It works, there are several other programs like it.

when you set up tmm you can select from a list of 6 or 7 scrappers including imdb and do so on an individual title. You can download missing art work, actors list etc.

7. Raymond Lim

Raymond Lim Member

And who will that be?

8. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

As usual, there is a big mess...

I am interested in whether the error in the firmware regarding the subtitles will be corrected in the next firmware.

[​IMG]

Is this reported?
    Or maybe it's on purpose?

@Markswift2003 @mirror
    Can you comment on this matter?

9. Netmask

Others have commented but as I’m still on .62 and not upgraded, Download subtitles is the same as your post. I think it is a change at Opensubtitles.org and nothing to do with the latest firmware.

10. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

Do I understand you correctly?
    Do you have the same inscriptions on 6.4.62 as in the photo above, without details, what version etc...

11. Markswift2003

No, I'm using v6.4.42 and the subtitles still show all details.

I've no idea whether this is a regression or deliberate because of copyright infringement.

12. Netmask

Yes .62 appears to be the same as .65, no details of who downloaded the file or SDH etc. I did only check one title. Doctor Who and both were wrong anyway.
    CORRECTION

No I was wrong, I just checked a couple of newer titles and all the names of the files and who did it, a bit like grafitti tags:) So .62 is ok. The change is from. .65.

I think it is a copyright issue with all the details on display. Quite often in Australia there are blocks on going to subtitle sites along with warnings. It’s best to use a browser with a VPN to look at those sites. All they need to do is put another column in to indicate if it’s SDH or plain Text.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
  13. skelton

skelton Member

I honestly don´t get all the complaints about subtitles still..if you´re playing a LOCAL videofile on your Zidoo player, why don´t you also download a subtitle that syncs with your video and then put it in the same folder as your videofile = problem solved! Why do you have to keep complicating things when it´s so simple to just download the sub from whatever site you like and then match them together??

Are you really that lazy that you can´t do it the way i describved above and you have to download it directly from the Zidoo player instead? jeez...

Tarantula likes this.
  14. Denishuat

Denishuat New Member

Muchas Gracias from Mexico, Zidoo Team!

15. Robos

Robos New Member

No OTA release?

16. Visconti12

Visconti12 Active Member

It's a medium upgrade but at least there are some improvements. Thanks a lot!!

17. JustAnotherOldMan

JustAnotherOldMan New Member

second that ..... and b.t.w. .... I never let my Zidoos call home !!! one never knows ;-)
    I don't like 'em to know what I watch and what's on my harddrives ......

18. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

OTA release are very rare here, because this is considered as a beta. Most of them are very stable though (and don't carry much more bugs than the old official buggy OTA release).

I agree but I also think there are so many use case it's hard to know what are the most "mainstream" functions unless you have access to user stats. That subtitle function is totally useless for me as they're never in sync anyway (and it's not because of the Zidoo but the multitude of subtitles and versions for one program). Same goes for trailer (why would I watch a trailer of a movie I own, and why would I spoil myself before watching it ?) but many people complained about this here so it's hard to know if it was a very important feature or just a very vocal minority. But I really wish the team could just focus on what is not working for ages instead (like genres filters not working, CEC not set automatically for some TVs like Panasonic for example, slow poster wall, "watched" status wrongly attributed, fixed resolution randomly reset, cast list randomly missing, country list not reflecting the content, external subs not visible on the content page, "watched" icon hardly visible in many occasions… and I'm sure I forgot many).

19. nc88keyz

nc88keyz Active Member

Would be great if Zidoo would give us the choice to "enhance the BDJava experience" Licensing upgrades for end user. Many companies do it, although like you say they are much larger and then they would the expense of a license server for authorization, but many people don't know zidoo already runs an authorization server on your mac address and firmware in the background. Why not for features, and or codecs if offered. I bet many people would pay it if it would have near flawless bdjava menu support.

20. Markswift2003

I don't know, but I doubt such flexibility is possible with the BDA licensing - it's quite complicated with regards to which licence for which function and I'm sure there's no way to do it piecemeal.