Beta version v6.4.65 for Z9X/Z10 Pro/Z1000 Pro/UHD3000, v6.7.85 for NEO S/NEO X/NEO Alpha release

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

We are waiting for a fix...
    We do not install v6.4.65 or v6.7.85

Mariusz likes this.
  2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Of anything in particular?

3. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Already installed on my Zidoo z10 pro...I hope there will be another update...

4. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

For example, downloading subtitles - no details. There is only the title of the film. No additional information that was there before. Now it's unclear which subtitles to choose. They are all the same!

5. Eleonor

Eleonor Active Member

subtitles - no details

Mariusz likes this.
  6. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

upload_2023-12-8_13-17-36.jpeg
    The subtitles now look like this. There is only the title. No information available.

Valkyrie2407, AlecT, xskip and 2 others like this.
  7. Markswift2003

At least it brings the bugs in line with the new boxes ;)

8. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Well, cool. However, I prefer my old box to have "old style" inscriptions on it. ;)

9. Markswift2003

Must admit I haven't loaded this firmware - my trusty Z9X has been stable and working perfectly for a long time and the changelog didn't bring anything to the table for me.

In fact I recently replaced the Z9X with a Pro in the cinema and then even more recently changed it back again!! That Z9X is on v6.4.42 and I've no reason to change.

10. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

Good decision on your part. What can I say, a wise man after a loss. :)

11. Markswift2003

It's not that I found any problems in later firmware - I have test boxes coming out my ears with all manner of firmware on them, but my attitude in the cinema where it matters is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Letmein, crutzulee and Mariusz like this.
  12. Mariusz

Mariusz Active Member

The right approach. If something works well, leave it like that.
    However, the new software is tempting... he he ;)
    And I was tempted...:(
    Maybe there will be another update and it will be corrected. I hope.

13. masterchipo

masterchipo New Member

I ask for help (as always)
    I apologize to everyone for this ridiculous post.
    I don't remember how the new Firmware was installed on my Z10 Pro.
    Is it done directly with a formatted USB, and the zip files are inserted into it or in folders?

14. Markswift2003

Download the zip file but do not unzip it.

Put the file somewhere accessible by the Zidoo - this can either be on a USB stick, on the network - I always use a network location.

Open the "Update" app or goto "About" on the homepage and select Update.

Choose "USB Update" and navigate to where the firmware file is and select it and follow instructions.

masterchipo likes this.
  15. masterchipo

masterchipo New Member

Both zip files can be installed from the same external USB @Markswift2003 ?
    Thanks a lot

16. Markswift2003

You only need one file!

(The G version includes Google Play Store if you need it - I would suggest using the other one)

masterchipo likes this.
  17. crutzulee

crutzulee Member

Those of us that came to the ZIDOO as refugees from the NVIDIA SHIELD know this lesson all too well...

Markswift2003 likes this.
  18. masterchipo

masterchipo New Member

It's done and fixed and installed and working fine.
    Thanks @Markswift2003 as always

Markswift2003 likes this.
  19. Markswift2003

To be fair that's how I got into Zidoo - I was giving a very loud demo to an important guy from the BBC and the Shield I was using (think it was with Deadpool) cacked up for absolutely no good reason about 10 minutes in.

That was the last time it ever saw light of day for local content!!

crutzulee likes this.
  20. D33_UK

D33_UK New Member

I'm curious Mark. What would persuade you? I'm basically just wanting Bluray menus. The PQ etc is not an issue and playback after the initial stutter to sync is flawless now I've got a new NAS